Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Other Players and the Players THEY Help

Helping Other Players and the Players THEY Help

Call me 'old-school', 'crotchety', 'rude', whatever... But I have a rule of thumb that I have chosen to adhere to while playing Township. I enjoy helping other players. I took forward to it. It's truly difficult to play this game without the kindness and generosity of those who have the same spirit of camaraderie.

That said, I don't mind admitting it here, if your town pops up on my list of those who need help filling boxcars, plane crates or zoo baskets, I'm probably going to check YOUR stats first, just to see if you're just a taker or if you are also a giver.

I was just going through my list of players who need help a few minutes ago...got to one who has made it all the way to level 74 and in all that time, has only helped ONE other player. ONE. But this person pops up on my list frequently, looking for a handout. They aren't at all bashful about asking for things in large quantities, either.

Even now, when we are meant to be rewarded (in the event tasks) for helping others, this person can't be bothered to do a good turn for someone else who needs it. What must they be like in real life situations?

Sorry, but I will not bend to these players needs...selfishness irritates the you-know-what out of me and I'm just here now to let you know my stance on the issue. I think more players should handle it this way... If you don't plan to pitch in and share with others, don't come to me when you're up against it. End of rant.

I think those numbers are regularly refreshed and reset to zero. I forget the time interval, but I noticed some numbers in my coop that clearly don't reflect their all time helping numbers.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I believe Cyphre is referring to the stats you can see when you click on some ones profile picture or townhall. How many people they have helped since they have been playing the game.
    The ones for the regatta co-op reset on the last day of the race. Not the same stats.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) : WMZ83A, Silver Lake (Alana) 2QS589 Co-op : Stronger Together #SR8NKN
    Mobile: Toad Lick (Gary) 8KQNJ9 Heartland (Alana) NXQ7FV Co-op: Stronger Together #SRW9PH

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I think those numbers are regularly refreshed and reset to zero. I forget the time interval, but I noticed some numbers in my coop that clearly don't reflect their all time helping numbers.
    I think we're talking about two separate "help" statistics, the "OTHER PLAYERS HELPED" number that shows up in a player's profile, and the "HELPED:" number that shows up beside a player's name in the CO-OP listing. The first number just gets bigger, the second number gets refreshed at some seemingly random interval.

I do the same thing as the OP. I look at the "OTHER PLAYERS HELPED" (as well as the "GOODS SHARED WITH CO-OP MEMBERS") numbers before I will help a stranger. I won't even "like" their town if the OPH number is less than ten times their level. i.e. a level 60 player should have an OPH number of at least 600. Just my policy.

Doug
    Windows platform
    Level 71

I feel you Cyphre. If i would be mean, i would just post a picture which shows the help counts in the co-op last week. I had 764, person above me 8 . And that person plays a lot and asks for a lot of help without a shame. Also his/her total help count is 330+ as a lvl 74 town. It is true, that with this "helping hand" perk going on mobile, I have used t-cash a lot to help others, but I earned most of it back! So it was definetely worth it. And even without it I help quite often. I am not the best helper, but I help way more, than I ask for...the number of 9 of something zoo orders I filled for others...

I generally help anyone though, it's just that for players like this, I don't feel any guilt not helping... but what annoys me more are players who regulalry, like every 3-4 hours ask for ores and mining tools. Sure, once a day, or during a mining task if they miscalculated it's fine, but on a regular basis? -_- They really think others don't need them as much? Only a high level player with all upgrades done might not need that many ores. I am constantly using Raja to buy ores and even then I run out, if I use the efficient smelting booster for multiple weeks.
    Windows : Level 108
    Android : Level 84

Also, I told this before many times on multiple posts, but level is not everything. Some might have 10 000 helps by the time they reach lvl 80, but they might take 2 years, while others - like me - reach 80 in a few months and "only" have around 4000. But I guess comparing level to help count is still better, than comparing helis or trains sent to help counts....
    Windows : Level 108
    Android : Level 84

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I am referring to the totals found in your town hall stats...the ones that gggillis referred to. I am aware that they delete the numbers in the co-ops, and frankly, I think that's a stupid set-up. It gives selfish players the "out" they need to keep from helping.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    I believe Cyphre is referring to the stats you can see when you click on some ones profile picture or townhall. How many people they have helped since they have been playing the game.
    The ones for the regatta co-op reset on the last day of the race. Not the same stats.
    Yes, those are the numbers I am referring to...thank you, gggillis. I was not clear in my original comments.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post

I do the same thing as the OP. I look at the "OTHER PLAYERS HELPED" (as well as the "GOODS SHARED WITH CO-OP MEMBERS") numbers before I will help a stranger. I won't even "like" their town if the OPH number is less than ten times their level. i.e. a level 60 player should have an OPH number of at least 600. Just my policy.

Doug
    Windows platform
    Level 71
    I'm happy to see that I am not alone in my opinion on this subject. I don't 'demand' a certain number by the level a person is on, just show some bloody effort, fer crissake, that's all I ask. We're all headed in the same direction here. Let's just give each other a hand. It's not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    I feel you Cyphre. If i would be mean, i would just post a picture which shows the help counts in the co-op last week. I had 764, person above me 8 . And that person plays a lot and asks for a lot of help without a shame. Also his/her total help count is 330+ as a lvl 74 town. It is true, that with this "helping hand" perk going on mobile, I have used t-cash a lot to help others, but I earned most of it back! So it was definetely worth it. And even without it I help quite often. I am not the best helper, but I help way more, than I ask for...the number of 9 of something zoo orders I filled for others...

I generally help anyone though, it's just that for players like this, I don't feel any guilt not helping... but what annoys me more are players who regulalry, like every 3-4 hours ask for ores and mining tools. Sure, once a day, or during a mining task if they miscalculated it's fine, but on a regular basis? -_- They really think others don't need them as much? Only a high level player with all upgrades done might not need that many ores. I am constantly using Raja to buy ores and even then I run out, if I use the efficient smelting booster for multiple weeks.
    See, I knew I couldn't be the only person who looks for a little balance with the give and take. I also know that there are MANY players who are playing with zero real money and also don't have much time to play. But seeing the same players hitting everyone up over and over for hard-won goods and time-eating tasks is difficult to choke down day after day. I have had to delete "friends" who only invited me to their list because they know I will help if I am able. I didn't come here to be used. And it stinks to have to make that call.