Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Other Players and the Players THEY Help

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    Also, I told this before many times on multiple posts, but level is not everything. Some might have 10 000 helps by the time they reach lvl 80, but they might take 2 years, while others - like me - reach 80 in a few months and "only" have around 4000. But I guess comparing level to help count is still better, than comparing helis or trains sent to help counts....
    I agree...But like I said, I just look for evidence of participation...And when there is none, I'm out.

Yeah, i mean being at lvl 74 with 1 help is crazy... Obviously people have different time schedules, so they need different playstyles. I can log in quite frequently, so I can send the trains off every 2,5 hours and have to upgrade my factories for time and coins, because I level up quickly. But, if someone can only log in in the morning and evening and only 1-2 times during the day, they don't need their trains to be at lvl 21 and can choose xp when upgrading factories. They can obviously help way less frequently, will miss a lot of requests. That said though, they can keep their factories busy all day, put a bunch of stuff in the production boxes and surely can help a bunch. like even 3 creams or 1 something... It is obvious that someone like that don't even check if others need help. And I am guessing they never say thank you either . I remember one time on windows in my first co-op, a girl asked for toys in the chat and like after 15 minutes she said like "hello, anyone??? I need toys!" That was funny She was not a big helper, either...
    Windows : Level 112
    Android : Level 103

Could I just put the other side of the coin here I think the game changes the longer you play. When I first started playing I felt exactly the same way. I would always check how many helps a player had in their town hall, and I would certainly never friend them if that number was low. But, as I've progressed, that's changed. Things that have influenced me have included adding lots of Facebook friends, and whether I've been racing solo or in a good co-op. I have two towns, one which races in a large and very helpful co-op, and the other which races solo but has a lot of helpful friends. Whilst I obviously value friends who help a lot, I've come to equally value others who maybe don't help so much or maybe at all, but request a lot. Especially for my solo town they are indispensable for getting clovers, and especially for regatta crate tasks.

I agree JJay. There is only two of us in my co-op and I am not on Facebook. Without my set amount of friends who constantly ask for help I would be lost. They never help fill my crates, but the amount of clovers I acquire through them is indeed invaluable Rather than look for a balance on a players give/take ratio I focus on a balance of give and take players on my friend list. Plus I have some friends I keep because they have been with me forever or I just like them

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I agree JJay. There is only two of us in my co-op and I am not on Facebook. Without my set amount of friends who constantly ask for help I would be lost. They never help fill my crates, but the amount of clovers I acquire through them is indeed invaluable Rather than look for a balance on a players give/take ratio I focus on a balance of give and take players on my friend list. Plus I have some friends I keep because they have been with me forever or I just like them
    I would help fill your crates but you don't come up on my list. And if you did I suspect that I would not have the items you need. I don't have all the factories for my level so I often don't have anything some of my peers request. For me, I try to fill the harder things myself and ask for a mix of things so anyone below me in level could potentially fill them. It helps me, but I know people want the clovers too. Except for this event, I don't really care about the clovers.

hm, I'm definitely a "taker" by the OPs definition. I'm not really sorry though. I think there's more than one way to be a helpful neighbor, besides filling other people's help requests. If I can do it I'll do it. But when it's a slow game period I don't play as much and therefore don't have a surplus to give away.

I post requests for helps multiple times a day for my train (and recently for the zoo just for this event. I hate the zoo) But I don't do it because I'm selfish. I realized that some players on my friends list don't have many ways to get clovers. I can provide that opportunity, and so I do. I don't ask for super hard or time consuming things. I try to ask for things that would be reasonably easy for another player to fill. Most of the time I already have the items myself, or I'm in the process of getting them.

If someone has a problem with me playing this way, I guess they can unfriend me. I won't care or probably even notice. Except for times like this event, most of the people on my friends list are very independent and don't ask for much help. So they don't seem to care that I don't help and I don't care that they don't help (if they're that type. a few are very helpful and I appreciate them a lot).
    Last edited by Zealous; 03-19-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I would help fill your crates but you don't come up on my list. And if you did I suspect that I would not have the items you need. I don't have all the factories for my level so I often don't have anything some of my peers request. For me, I try to fill the harder things myself and ask for a mix of things so anyone below me in level could potentially fill them. It helps me, but I know people want the clovers too. Except for this event, I don't really care about the clovers.
    I have actually been missing from the game for a few weeks, just recently returned to it. You are not one of my players/friends I was referencing Zealous. You actually have helped fill my crates before, so When I do put my crates up they tend to get filled quickly so not surprised you don't see me on your list most of the time. I was talking about a couple of players who have been on my friends list since I started the game. They aren't helpers but I depend on them to request lots of help and they have never let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I have actually been missing from the game for a few weeks, just recently returned to it. You are not one of my players/friends I was referencing Zealous. You actually have helped fill my crates before, so When I do put my crates up they tend to get filled quickly so not surprised you don't see me on your list most of the time. I was talking about a couple of players who have been on my friends list since I started the game. They aren't helpers but I depend on them to request lots of help and they have never let me down.
    i have? that's good I was just thinking you didn't show up for some reason. Yes, I saw you've been gone. I do notice when you're gone as you're one of a small number of neighbors who does help me a lot. My list is full of very casual players. Some don't come on for days. Many request only things from the zoo and then leave lol. I hate the zoo. I don't work on mine and certainly don't want to work on someone else's.

a clover is a clover no matter where it comes from. same with coin & xp. i really couldn't care where it come from tbh & i honestly can't be bothered investigating ppls stats.

I help EVERY time I'm able to* and it earns me so many clovers I am constantly playing in the house of luck so I don't max out on clovers. I think the return on investment is fantastic, so I appreciate those who ask for help even if they don't play the same way I do. I have plenty of other friends who help out (facebook group was a real game changer for me, I never wait for than 5 minutes for a help filled). I put a help on every train and plain because most of the facebook players I am friends with share this playing style.

* 3 exceptions:
    (1) I will not fill an order for 7 rubber, 8 bagels, etc at the zoo and defriend repeat greedy offenders because they annoy me.
    (2) I will not give away my last sugar. I always keep at least 4.
    (3) If I need an item for my own upcoming plane. Sometimes I even give that up if I think I can just ask for a help and get it back.

If anyone wants a bunch of helps and no judgment (other than the zoo!) feel free to friend me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100017305625236
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone