Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will we get new CBs & zoo animals?

What the township Wiki does NOT have, and can't reasonably be expected to have, is a schedule of how many buildings, enclosures & expansions we will get. Thus it is difficult to assess whether one is over-storing or under-storing any particular commodity. Under the heading of "Forewarned is Forearmed" it would be nice if we could find out the anticipated need for building supplies as we do airplane products.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    What the township Wiki does NOT have, and can't reasonably be expected to have, is a schedule of how many buildings, enclosures & expansions we will get. Thus it is difficult to assess whether one is over-storing or under-storing any particular commodity. Under the heading of "Forewarned is Forearmed" it would be nice if we could find out the anticipated need for building supplies as we do airplane products.
    Well, there are some patterns in the materials used for CBs, Enclosures, and Expansions. From those you can make a reasonable guess at what the next "thing" will require and save up for that.

1) Zoo - The most recent one, Anteaters, required 266 Glass and 266 Slabs which was 12 more than the previous one introduced (Arctic Wolves, 254 Bricks and 254 Slabs). The next one will most likely be 278 Bricks and 278 Glass. The pattern being 3 enclosures cycle through using 2 of the 3 materials, increasing the number needed by 12.

2) Land Expansion - Generally each expansion used around 20 of each, saws, shovels, and axes, +/- 1 or 2. Normally I'd expect 2 or 3 land expansions when they do come so I keep 60 of each of the tools. If I'm off by 1 or 2 the trains will fill the need in a few trips.

3) CBs - the last one, the Pool Hall, needed 119 slabs, 36 circular saws, and 39 jackhammers. Looking at the pattern for the previous 5 or so CBs, I'd guess the next will need 125 Bricks, ~37 drills, and ~41 jackhammers. I keep 50 of each of those tools.

My barn is big enough (base 5460) that I can dedicate some space to saving tools just in case they introduce a new building. Beta testers often "leak" the requirements for any upcoming release so if these guesses are wrong there is time to save more. Also, if I do need some barn space for that "special plane" (that needs 3 x 72 corn) I trim back on the bricks / slabs / glass, whichever I have most of, then let it build up again.

I think "educated guesses" are as close as we're going to get on "future plans" for new things. That and the occasional "heads up" from beta testers.
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-21-2020 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Originally said "glass" when "bricks" was the correct guess

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, there are some patterns in the materials used for CBs, Enclosures, and Expansions. From those you can make a reasonable guess at what the next "thing" will require and save up for that.

1) Zoo - The most recent one, Anteaters, required 266 Glass and 266 Slabs which was 12 more than the previous one introduced (Arctic Wolves, 254 Bricks and 254 Slabs). The next one will most likely be 278 Bricks and 278 Glass. The pattern being 3 enclosures cycle through using 2 of the 3 materials, increasing the number needed by 12.

2) Land Expansion - Generally each expansion used around 20 of each, saws, shovels, and axes, +/- 1 or 2. Normally I'd expect 2 or 3 land expansions when they do come so I keep 60 of each of the tools. If I'm off by 1 or 2 the trains will fill the need in a few trips.

3) CBs - the last one, the Pool Hall, needed 119 slabs, 36 circular saws, and 39 jackhammers. Looking at the pattern for the previous 5 or so CBs, I'd guess the next will need 125 Bricks, ~37 drills, and ~41 jackhammers. I keep 50 of each of those tools.

My barn is big enough (base 5460) that I can dedicate some space to saving tools just in case they introduce a new building. Beta testers often "leak" the requirements for any upcoming release so if these guesses are wrong there is time to save more. Also, if I do need some barn space for that "special plane" (that needs 3 x 72 corn) I trim back on the bricks / slabs / glass, whichever I have most of, then let it build up again.

I think "educated guesses" are as close as we're going to get on "future plans" for new things. That and the occasional "heads up" from beta testers.
    You have a barn that holds 5460 items!?
    Last edited by dreadnought; 03-21-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo in quote

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    You have a barn that holds 5460 items!? 😂
    This was my first thought too! I thought I was doing good with a barn size around 2,000 lol

Priscilla your town sounds lovely, I would love to look at it, how to find it please? =)

If you look at the wiki you can see what the last cb or zoo enclosure needed. That will help you figure out what you'll need for the next. It's a pattern.

As for when, that's something only the devs know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    You have a barn that holds 5460 items!? ������
    Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    This was my first thought too! I thought I was doing good with a barn size around 2,000 lol
    Yes but I'm one of the smaller barns among long time players. Even with 5460 I do get the dreaded "barn is full" message occasionally. And I'm also envious of folks with even larger barns.

Advice, upgrade and keep those trains running. Barn upgrades now take 105 of each tool but I can still upgrade every 3 to 4 weeks. I've gone from 4335 to 5640 in the last year so patience and perseverance pay off.

I am in the Co-op Lucky Stars as Duffys Landing. Would love some applause on my designs .

I am in the Co-op Lucky Stars as Duffys Landing. Would love some applause on my designs .
    Would love to look, but - wouldn't this be better placed in one of the threads in the Design area anyway, to get the appropriate attention? - you should tell us your OS and the Coop tag. Cos on Android, the search for Lucky Stars gives the full list of 20 Coops....

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

My educated guess is very close to yours!! I reconstructed the worksheet I was using last year to finish up the last 5 CB's and I'm gonna guess 125 bricks, 42 drills, and 41 jackhammers! Since the lighthouse, the regular building materials needed have alternated slabs/brick/glass/slabs/bricks/glass, etc, so since the pool hall needed slabs, it looks like bricks are next. Once the experiments are over and my barn goes back to its normal 1093, I'm going to sell all my saws and see what happens.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 03-21-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo in quote