Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will we get new CBs & zoo animals?

When will we get new CBs & zoo animals?

I have been saving tools, building materials, and land expansion equipment for a very long time. They take up a huge amount of space in my barn. I am starting to wonder if there is any word circulating about when we might actually NEED any of this stuff. If anyone has some inside info, I need some encouragement!

Hopefully never.

Our town is already polluted with way to many unattractive, space consuming, often ridiculous community buildings. This game really has no need for half of them, let alone any more. They just keep tacking them on because they don't have any better ideas.

As for the zoo, a large number of players have long since given up building any more enclosures because it us, in reality, totally pointless.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-12-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Hopefully never.

Our town is already polluted with way to many unattractive, space consuming, often ridiculous community buildings. This game really has no need for half of them, let alone any more. They just keep tacking them on because they don't have any better ideas.

As for the zoo, a large number of players have long since given up building any more enclosures because it us, in reality, totally pointless.
    So what do YOU do, Mayfield? If we stop hoarding tools for CBs and the zoo and sell them all off, won't the trains just start bringing us MORE of them? Ive been using the tool exchange to manage my barn space while I wait for a new CB to get more population, is that really pointless?

I do build the cbs as I reach them, so I am usually collecting one building material and selling off and exchanging surpluses of the other two. Trains are going to keep bringing us predominantly bricks, slabs, and glass no matter what we do.

I just haven't seen any need for or enhancement of play coming from the last couple additions and don't want any more of them. They are mostly ugly clutter, inconsistent in style and scale, and often fairly nonsensical for a town with a population this small. I know, there's always the "it's just a game" defense, but games are supposed to at least be fun and imo building another cb would not be my definition of fun.

The cbs are, at least, integral to game play because they are needed to build housing and population, which is needed to build factories. The zoo enclosures are a totally extraneous add on that have no bearing on any other aspect of the game or player progress. The materials to build them are overwhelmingly burdensome, causing many players to simply stop building any more, at least until their cbs are finished and their barns are bigger.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-12-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I do build the cbs as I reach them, so I am usually collecting one building material and selling off and exchanging surpluses of the other two. Trains are going to keep bringing us predominantly bricks, slabs, and glass no matter what we do.

I just haven't seen any need for or enhancement of play coming from the last couple additions and don't want any more of them. They are mostly ugly clutter, inconsistent in style and scale, and often fairly nonsensical for a town with a population this small.

The cbs are, at least, integral to game play because they are needed to build housing and population, which is needed to build factories. The zoo enclosures are a totally extraneous add on that have no bearing on any other aspect of the game or player progress. The materials to build them are overwhelmingly burdensome, causing many players to simply stop building any more, at least until their cbs are finished and their barns are bigger.
    I have built all the available CBs and we dont know what we will need next. I should have saved my worksheet, there was a definite pattern to the tools required when you could see 5 of them all at once, it would have given a little hint as to what was to come maybe. I have as much land as I will ever need and I probably wont bother with the music shop and Italian restaurant, I am comfortable buying those goods from the market. I totally agree about the zoo, its a waste of time and resources. Improving my barn is my main goal right now, but Im not sure what for, it just seems like a mark of success.

One of the things I think could add to the "fun" aspect of playing is to allow us to place Community Buildings and Houses into storage without losing the population associated with those buildings.

There are 2 aspects of Township that make it fun and playable for a long time. Farming / Production / Events are one set of things that many enjoy. Personally I love "logistics games" and the production / transportation element keeps me engaged in the game.

The other is design and decorate your town. There are tons of people out there who love decorating their town, some are quite talented and I love looking around when I visit another town (and I'm not above stealing some of their ideas).

Face it, once you've built a CB and any Housing, they simply become decorations for your town. Some of them are easily integrated into a town design but, as others have pointed out, many are "unattractive" (I'm being kind) and they use creative ways to hide them.

Another common issue is land / space. CBs and Housing are "mandatory", I have to have them to proceed in the game. Farm fields and Factories are dependent on increasing populations. I know some people are willing to make compromises and not build certain factories but I feel that's a choice they shouldn't be forced to make. By allowing CBs and Housing to go into storage would free up a lot of land to other uses.

Freeing up land might even be better economically for Playrix. I don't know anything about the game internals but it's not hard to imagine that there is a real limit to the amount of land is available, the "game play grid". At some point there will be no more mountains to convert into land "expansions" yet Playrix keeps adding more decorations for sale with T-Cash. I'm already tight on where to put decorations I want to have and at some point I'm going to stop spending T-Cash on new ones (or real cash for the occasional "special sale"). If a lot of people start doing that, well there goes the cash stream....

I also know a lot of people are no longer playing with their zoo since additional zoo enclosures do nothing to the "Zoo Order Board" for regatta related tasks. Zoo enclosures have been reduced to "decorations" which is not a bad thing. Again I've seen many creative zoo layouts intermingling enclosures with decorations and greenery. I'd love to walk through some of those IRL. So I'm less worried about putting zoo enclosures into storage than I am with CBs and Houses but I'd have no real objection to that as well. Besides there seems to be plenty of space for expansion in the current zoo, but I could be wrong on that too.

To summarize, please allow CBs and Houses to be placed in storage without losing the populations associated with them. This would free up much needed land and open up more flexibility in town design, which, after all, is one major point of the game and one reason long term players hang around.

Thanks for your kind attention,
    Charlie
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-12-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    O
    The other is design and decorate your town. There are tons of people out there who love decorating their town, some are quite talented and I love looking around when I visit another town (and I'm not above stealing some of their ideas).

Face it, once you've built a CB and any Housing, they simply become decorations for your town. Some of them are easily integrated into a town design but, as others have pointed out, many are "unattractive" (I'm being kind) and they use creative ways to hide them.

Another common issue is land / space. CBs and Housing are "mandatory", I have to have them to proceed in the game.
    I play for decorating! I used to wish you could get rid of all the CBs or put them in storage too. However, with patience and expansions I am finally at a place where I can be pretty creative and have a lovely town. It will always be a work in progress... and sometimes I get sad there isn't room for everything. I recently overhauled my factories and although I love that area now, my island community had to go into storage. Sad sacrifice!

There is something kind of neat about having mandatory buildings though. It means we all have to deal with them. I'm beyond amazed at how some people hide them! I see it as just another challenge and one that also keeps a level playing field. I can imagine if we were able to put CBs and houses in store there would be a lot of players who would put them ALL in storage. That would take away from the look and feel of our towns, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    I have been saving tools, building materials, and land expansion equipment for a very long time. They take up a huge amount of space in my barn. I am starting to wonder if there is any word circulating about when we might actually NEED any of this stuff. If anyone has some inside info, I need some encouragement!
    I peeked through the updates (iOS) for the last year and here were the changes to our towns.

2/25/20 Update - New farm (mushroom), 2 town expansions
    1/16/20 Update - 3 town expansions
    12/12/19 Update - New ZE (Llamas), 2 town expansions
    10/30/19 Update - 2 town expansions, 1 zoo expansion
    10/9/19 Update -3 new town expansions
    8/27/19 Update - New ZE (Anteaters), New CB (Pool Hall), 1 new house, 2 town expansions, 1 zoo expansion
    8/7/19 Update - 3 town expansions, 1 zoo expansion
    7/17/19 Update - New CB (Computer store), New Crop (Peanut), 2 town expansions, 1 new house
    5/6/19 Update - New CB (Shipyard), New ZE (Arctic Wolves), 2 town expansions, 1 zoo expansion
    3/21/19 Update - Two ZE (Armadillos/Red Pandas), New CB (Animal Hospital), New Tool Exchange, 1 town expansion

It's been quite a while since we had a new CB. I am retired from building CBs and have no interest in a new one, but it kind of feels like we will be getting one with the next update.

I only have 2 zoo enclosures left to finish and I really don't want any more of those. The last ones need over 500 materials which is a total clog on barn space.

So I take it nobody has heard anything, which was the original question. I love the Zoo. I have built all the current enclosures and would like expansions there, and more animals. I have built all the factories, houses and CBs available and could use more land for the 'magical ' areas of my delightful and well ordered town. Thank you to "just-a-minute" for the review of the past year's rollout schedule. I will continue to accumulate building supplies as it does seem, judging from past performance, that new additions are imminent.

The township wiki has all the info you need on cb materials