Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Book of Nature (or any other title you want to give it)

In the current Jungle Regatta season one of the prizes in the Yacht Club is a 'Book of Nature'.
    At least that is what Playrix calls the book. At first I had no idea what I or anyone else could do with this new decoration.

But yesterday I had an idea: you can give this book its own title, register your own stories there
    and give it a place in your Town of Zoo where the content of the book comes into its own.
    And this is how we ensure that the content is Township related

Will it be a Jungle book that 'walks' past your favorite animals in the Zoo;
    a history book that tells the stories about Your Special Spot in your Town;
    a book of Love with lovestories in your Mariage district;
    a scary book with your favorite ghost story in your Halloween district?

Dear friends, do you have any idea?
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 03-09-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Clearly the "Tree of Knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    esp. "clearly", lol - you mean it has read the book?

In any case, my little Neanderthal man is still wondering about it...
    Screenshot_20200309-174403.jpg (tap to enlarge)

Today my book retains its original title 'Book of Nature'.
    The place where I place the decoration is with an undeveloped land extension.
    Because my Town is inspired by my environment in real life, there are plenty of those Green areas in my Township.

The story I want to share with you:
    I often cycle to and from work to home and various parks are part of this route.
    Because the wooden bridge at the park nearest to my house is closed off to be replaced by a metal one, I have to use an alternative route for a few days.
    It is a cycle path next to the bus lane that divides a large park in two. In addition to Highland cows(Schotse Hooglanders NL), people often walk with their four-legged friends through this green area.

While I was driving home from the night shift this morning, I saw a man with a small dog approaching me a little further.
    On the left I see something that looks like a big brown dog coming out of the bushes. Maybe it belongs to the man who comes walking.
    The animal then jumps over the ditch Ext to the bus lane and that makes me realize that this cannot be a dog and certainly does not belong to the man.

I can see it clearly now, dogs also have no horns, it is a deer that has spent the night in the left forest and is now on its way to a quieter area further down the right part of the park. With a big leap the elegant animal also easily crosses the ditch on the right-hand side and disappears there again among the thickets.

"A beautiful sight!" I say to the man as he passes and he nods in agreement.
    A nice experience at the end of my day and at the start of his.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 03-10-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Change the cow's name

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Good thoughts cdosr
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    esp. "clearly", lol - you mean it has read the book?
    So for one it is Knowledge and for the other No-ledge lol

In any case, my little Neanderthal man is still wondering about it...
    Screenshot_20200309-174403.jpg (tap to enlarge)
    And I can imagine, DD, the guy who just invented the wheel has no clue what to do with all white empty paper.
    The Writing is probably not yet invented, so there is no user manual yet.
    And I wonder could he already read it? *g*
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 03-10-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Cdosr's suggestion of Tree of Knowledge' reminded me of the 'Tree of Life's which has interested me for years. When I was in California, U.S. I visited William Randolph Hurst Castle. It was like a real TS, his friends would stay in a separate Swiss chalet, Pagoda, or other miniature foreign abode, amazing place inside and out. Anyway I saw this beautiful picture of the Tree of Life' we weren't allowed to take photos but I couldn't resist so sneaked back and took a couple. When I got home I couldn't wait to develop my pictures. All i'd caught was a picture of my flash..serves me right, not so clever after all

Btw Ruud, lovely story, sounds pretty where you live. You've got me wondering where the Scottish Highlanders came from though?!

I’m loving all your ideas.
    DD that cracked me up, the Neanderthal scratching his head...genius lol
    Rudd, enjoyed reading your story, it painted a beautiful scene in my imagination.
    Charlie, the Tree of Knowledge, I could use since I have none lol.
    hbv.. that’s what you get for being sneaky lol...but nice try

I wondered where I could place such a beautiful little deco, and looking around my town, I decided on the best place.
    I have a little child in me that loves fairy tales mixed with a little magical stuff
    I positioned my rainbow factory so it shone its rainbow over my cube tree as if feeding it the different colours.
    So the deco I slipped inside my little area that fir me depicts the above.
    I love it there and hope any visitors can appreciate it as well...see what you think

C98EDCFA-8EC0-4EE5-955D-9DA447DD7F13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    ...I positioned my rainbow factory so it shone its rainbow over my cube tree as if feeding it the different colours...
    This is brilliant!!! 😮 fits perfectly!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Btw Ruud, lovely story, sounds pretty where you live. You've got me wondering where the Scottish Highlanders came from though?!
    Frae the Hielans?
    Not seeing the connection though.