Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Attachment 53667
    Did you hear painting cows like Zebras has another benefit: they are not attractive to flies. If the bull likes their pajamas is yet unknown
    Roflmao

Or give the bull a fur collar so he thinks he's a lion??? : D

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Roflmao

Or give the bull a fur collar so he thinks he's a lion??? : D
    _91096343_benyexley3.jpg
    But then there will be cows that will react on his fur collar.

If Bull's eyes meet these eyes...

_91096343_benyexley3.jpg
    But then there will be cows that will react on his fur collar.

If Bull's eyes meet these eyes...
    Sweet. Perfect 180 Bull's eye (darts). Have to say I wasn't thinking about arse last time I made cow's eyes at someone.
    https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/cow_eyes

No, that clearly is a different cooky(andere koek NL)
    subtitle: a big difference

I place the book today at the sheep meadows.
    My first story here reminded me of an event that happened about six months ago.
    Even then I cycled back home from the night shift.

When I was almost at the end of the long bicycle bridge over the two channels near my work, I noticed something weird.
    A sheep meadow has been created across the dike(dijk NL) across the water.
    However, a number of sheep walked in a place where normally sheep don't / cannot walk.
    That is an unfenced area of grass that is used as a sunbathing area in summer after swimming in the canal.
    Surprised I stopped to find out why the sheep were walking there.

And then I saw it: the wire mesh of the enclosure was bent down in one place and therefore low enough for the sheep to jump over it.
    And so they did: one by one because yes, if there is a sheep over the dam, more will follow.
    I cycled further down the bike path to find out if sheep had already climbed over the dike.
    They were still fairly safe on the waterfront, but behind the dike is a road where cars drive.
    So considering chasing them back over the fence to their safe pasture, I took that with me.
    But I noticed I was not going to make it on my own with risc of sheep hurt by cars in combination with me being ready for my bed rest.
    So I called the police and asked if they could find out the owner of the sheep so that the fence can be repaired after the sheep are back in the meadow.

It was a fun conversation with many Dutch sayings about sheep.
    The officer asked me how many sheep were out.
    "But officer, I worked all night, counting sheep right now, hmmm, I still have to cycle a long way home ..."
    The agent would send a surveillance car and warn the owner. Together we got the sheep back in the meadow.
    And then I continued on my way.

It was only when the curtains were closed and I got into bed that it was my turn ... to start counting sheep. Z z z z z z z
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/Android

I place the book today at the sheep meadows.
    My first story here reminded me of an event that happened about six months ago.
    Even then I cycled back home from the night shift.

When I was almost at the end of the long bicycle bridge over the two channels near my work, I noticed something weird.
    A sheep meadow has been created across the dike(dijk NL) across the water.
    However, a number of sheep walked in a place where normally sheep don't / cannot walk.
    That is an unfenced area of grass that is used as a sunbathing area in summer after swimming in the canal.
    Surprised I stopped to find out why the sheep were walking there.

And then I saw it: the wire mesh of the enclosure was bent down in one place and therefore low enough for the sheep to jump over it.
    And so they did: one by one because yes, if there is a sheep over the dam, more will follow.
    I cycled further down the bike path to find out if sheep had already climbed over the dike.
    They were still fairly safe on the waterfront, but behind the dike is a road where cars drive.
    So considering chasing them back over the fence to their safe pasture, I took that with me.
    But I noticed I was not going to make it on my own with risc of sheep hurt by cars in combination with me being ready for my bed rest.
    So I called the police and asked if they could find out the owner of the sheep so that the fence can be repaired after the sheep are back in the meadow.

It was a fun conversation with many Dutch sayings about sheep.
    The officer asked me how many sheep were out.
    "But officer, I worked all night, counting sheep right now, hmmm, I still have to cycle a long way home ..."
    The agent would send a surveillance car and warn the owner. Together we got the sheep back in the meadow.
    And then I continued on my way.

It was only when the curtains were closed and I got into bed that it was my turn ... to start counting sheep. Z z z z z z z
    Lovely story.
    As a young man,my father was a shepherd. When I was a teenager we came across an escaped flock of sheep in the street, approaching the Motorway junction. Dad told the other cars to turn their engines off, then whistled. The sheep thought that a sheepdog would soon be "hunting" them, turned round and went home, with us following. Some idiot walker had left a gate open. The farmer was very grateful to get his sheep back and the police were happy that they didn't have to close several very busy roads.

Cute story indeed, Ruud and yours also, Jay - fascinating that that (one) whistling was enough! shows that they were "educated", huh?
    Thanks, you two!

The “book of knowledge” is a perfect decoration made for the zoo. In zoos, and museums as well, there always are podiums in front of the exhibits giving basic facts and tidbits of various animals, artifacts - knowledge- etc. I purchased I think nine of these for my zoo to place along the walkways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    The “book of knowledge” is a perfect decoration made for the zoo. In zoos, and museums as well, there always are podiums in front of the exhibits giving basic facts and tidbits of various animals, artifacts - knowledge- etc. I purchased I think nine of these for my zoo to place along the walkways.
    Brilliant idea your townspeople will probably love reading those books.
    I think the small wood signs with the pics of the animals are meant to be the signs giving basic facts etc,,but they forgot to write on them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Brilliant idea your townspeople will probably love reading those books.
    I think the small wood signs with the pics of the animals are meant to be the signs giving basic facts etc,,but they forgot to write on them lol
    For some reason I’m not a fan of seeing the lit up star on each plaque showing the family has been completed. Consequently, I’ve tried to hide those wood signs to the extent that my cleared land and placed habitats allows... When everything is cleared and all habitats are placed, concealing those signs is a major goal! I know, kinda over the top, but hey... I gotta do me!! 😁