Thread: Update to older version!!!!

Update to older version!!!!

After playing for almost 2 years, I've now lost my town, I brought the gold pass, played for a few days, wanted to log in the day after, where I got a message saying that I had an old version of the game and I needed to update 🤔 I had the newest update from Feb 21 2020, but I taped download and it came with a new message saying that it was an older version and I will lose everything afterwards. My game is connected to fb and I did try to do that, but it just gave me a new town 😬😬😳 I know I'm not the only one with this problem and I tried contacting support through the new town, by support mail and the formula, nothing happened yet, this is the 3 day with out my town 😭😭😭

Yes something very similar happened to me I play on my iPad and my android phone got on this morning and I got the same error, tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothing fixed I got the same old version at least I can still play on my iPad

If I visit Google Play and search for Township, it reports V7.3.0 which matches what my Android -> Settings -> App Info reports.

If I visit the Apple App Store, a similar search reports V7.3.5. I don't have an iPad so I cannot verify what the actual App says.

If the two stores accurately reflect what is internally recorded as the game's version number, then having the Android version report that the saved game is from a "future version" is correct. Android is telling you "whoops, I'm an older version than your save game and if I open and use the save game, bad things may happen to your town".

So, somebody screwed up at Playrix and created a version mismatch between version on supposedly compatible platforms. On the other hand, the software is protecting you from making a worse mess of the mismatch.

I have not checked Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

I have not checked Kindle.
    My two Kindles have version 7.3.0, and there's no update in the appstore.

My wife installed after the 7.3.0 came out on her iPad. But a the end of last week she got an update to 7.3.5 ( last Thursday maybe)

I thought maybe it was a bug fix or something.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Just got an update for Android, it now reports as V7.3.5 and that ought to fix the "older version" problem when using both Android and iOS

My Apple App Store shows update waiting - version 7.3.5.

I have 7.3.0 currently installed.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-11-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    My Apple App Store shows update waiting - version 7.3.5.

I have 7.3.0 currently installed.
    This update to version 7.3.5 appeared in the appstore shortly after the big update end of february.
    I installed it and nothing happened, neither bad nor good.
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 148
    Platform: iOS

Kindle installed the 7.3.5 update sometime last night. But the verbiage reads the same as the 7.3.0. Go figure
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    This update to version 7.3.5 appeared in the appstore shortly after the big update end of february.
    I installed it and nothing happened, neither bad nor good.
    I guess I'm behind! Lol. It demanded I update this morning. I have noticed before that updates for TS and a couple other games I play don't show up in the App Store Update list for days. They need to be hunted down on the game page in the store.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad