Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet for making goods

Spreadsheet for making goods

I've been playing the game since May of 2019 and absolutely love it. Specifically the challenge of creating goods then taking those items to craft other ones.

As you know, the higher you level up the more factories and goods there are. For me, keeping track of everything became a challenge. This lead to a bit of frustration, especially with the helicopter orders.

For the past few months, I've been developing a spreadsheet to help me with playing the game. There are only factories and goods up to my current level, 60. I plan on adding the others in the near future.

I understand that referring to a spreadsheet to play a mobile game is not ideal. However, I find that accessing it from my phone is relatively easy. Switching back forth between the spreadsheet and Township turns out to be really useful in keeping track of the more complicated orders. My frustration levels are now at a minimum. And, this may sound crazy, but I feel as if I level up quicker too. There's no way to prove that, but I'm just going to go with that feeling.

If any of this interests you, here is a link https://youtu.be/m-BiFMAijPA to the video where I explain the spreadsheet mentioned above.

I've always wanted to do that too, list all the products, what ingredients they require, what the trains & planes demand. It would be useful I thought so I could tell what quantities the next plane would need.

I must admit, didn't watch the whole video so far (definitely planning to do when i have the time), but it does look like a lot of work went into it, so kudos to you, O.b.E!

cdosr will have an an aneurysm (the good kind, if that's even a thing) when he sees this! 😂

Thanks for sharing it, maybe you'll be able to share it so people can customize it to their own needs at some point? 😏
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Well, maybe not an aneurysm but I definitely feel the endorphins swirling about

Watched the whole 13:50, very interesting. I might steal an idea or two

Give that man a "Clippy" animated statue for his town square

images.jpeg
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-07-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks all for the kind comments and I do plan to make the sheet public soon but it's gone through so many changes and am thinking to change it again. Eventually I need to stop . I'm also glad no aneurysm occurred while watching my video

Cool idea. I really like these kinds of sheets, although I do feel like regarding the ingredients, you memorize everything eventually. And the quantities as well.
    My playstyle is different though. I prioritize trains. I keep at least the max required quantities of products the trains might ask for. And I can tell that the wiki is definetely outdated...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    ...I keep at least the max required quantities of products the trains might ask for. And I can tell that the wiki is definetely outdated...
    re. train quantities - ? then hop over and tell them, in a comment, if you don't want to edit yourself - there are a few who work quite hard to keep the Wiki up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    re. train quantities - ? then hop over and tell them, in a comment, if you don't want to edit yourself - there are a few who work quite hard to keep the Wiki up-to-date.
    I don't think they touched this section in a while. The peanut and mushroom products are not even listed there, there are some weird things also. Like if you look at the beverage factory, half of the products are not even requested by the trains based on the spreadsheet, which might have been true years ago, but not for a while now. I guess I have to edit it.
    But besides this section, I know it's up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    I don't think they touched this section in a while.
    The peanut and mushroom products are not even listed there, there are some weird things also. Like if you look at the beverage factory, half of the products are not even requested by the trains based on the spreadsheet, which might have been true years ago, but not for a while now. I guess I have to edit it. ..
    Yes, indeed, as I can't follow what you're talking about My playing style is obviously also different, as I never took much notice which means of transportation asks for what specifically.
    So, still not sure which (train-specific?) section you are talking about, and which spreadsheet now, there or here?
    the mushroom farm per se is there (at the Wiki), I know cos I loved the recipe-overview, esp. when it was new! and as I said, a few players are working there constantly - not many, though. It's certainly not easy to keep this huge info pool current. So, you're right, certainly a good idea to add your knowledge there.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yes, indeed, as I can't follow what you're talking about My playing style is obviously also different, as I never took much notice which means of transportation asks for what specifically.
    So, still not sure which (train-specific?) section you are talking about, and which spreadsheet now, there or here?
    the mushroom farm per se is there (at the Wiki), I know cos I loved the recipe-overview, esp. when it was new! and as I said, a few players are working there constantly - not many, though. It's certainly not easy to keep this huge info pool current. So, you're right, certainly a good idea to add your knowledge there.
    It is this one :

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Train_Quantities

I am editing it right now.