Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet for making goods

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    It is this one :

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Train_Quantities

I am editing it right now.
    ooh... wow.
    I think I only ever looked up the max. at the dealer.
    Thanks for the link as explanation! and the edits, of course

Hi Rocketto,

Thanks for the kind comment and I do agree that I have memorized the ingredients required to make a good but that was never the issue. The problem I always had was with Helicopter orders, I would have one order all setup but then I would use that good for something else. For a little while , I only filled the airplane, train and zoo because you can load them into the crates and they are locked in. For helicopter orders, I got a bit manic when I would use my goods for other things and then have to go back and create them again. That was really why I created a spreadsheet and seeing all the green check marks next to the helicopter orders gives me a bit of joy.

Ed

Holy cow, I had no idea there is some much info about this game. It's incredible!. This is my first time joining a community for anything, not just games. Thank you all for making this such a joy to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by The O.b.E. Gamer View Post
    Hi Rocketto,

Thanks for the kind comment and I do agree that I have memorized the ingredients required to make a good but that was never the issue. The problem I always had was with Helicopter orders, I would have one order all setup but then I would use that good for something else. For a little while , I only filled the airplane, train and zoo because you can load them into the crates and they are locked in. For helicopter orders, I got a bit manic when I would use my goods for other things and then have to go back and create them again. That was really why I created a spreadsheet and seeing all the green check marks next to the helicopter orders gives me a bit of joy.

Ed
    I see. Well I guess that's just my playstyle. I don't do helis normally, just when there is a transports magnate or double reward. Then I activate a booster and go crazy. That's why with 7000 helis sent I earned the money for all factories, CBs, houses. Okay, helping friends and HoL gave me a lot of coins as well.
    But even if I do send helis for a normal event, I delete a lot and I time it to my trains. I'll send them every 2,5 hours and if a heli order asks for like a bunch of puffed rices and the trains almost arrived or snack factory very busy or can't find any on the market, I just delete the order. I like trains, because all I want are barn tools :P. But this would not work for many, I realise that. Not everyone is in a situation, where they can log in frequently.

Before the first Agriculture Boom event I created a spreadsheet to prep - took me hours! I can't even imagine the time investment here, but wow, that is pretty cool and I love that you've developed a method that brings you satisfaction and joy of a game that was already fun to play.

I think as I level up and run out of things I "have" to do, reinventing the game has become quite a good new challenge. I recently made some major changes to my playing style that I've been enjoying that I couldn't do before. One of my favorite things about Township is that there are so many different ways to play and enjoy the game in your own way and push yourself. I hate it when people ask if I am playing "that silly farm game again." It's a game of strategy, planning, and patience!

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    .... I hate it when people ask if I am playing "that silly farm game again." ...
    pfft... who would do such a thing! (instead of joining you, for example )
    and we're learning for life from it, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    Before the first Agriculture Boom event I created a spreadsheet to prep - took me hours! I can't even imagine the time investment here, but wow, that is pretty cool and I love that you've developed a method that brings you satisfaction and joy of a game that was already fun to play.

I think as I level up and run out of things I "have" to do, reinventing the game has become quite a good new challenge. I recently made some major changes to my playing style that I've been enjoying that I couldn't do before. One of my favorite things about Township is that there are so many different ways to play and enjoy the game in your own way and push yourself. I hate it when people ask if I am playing "that silly farm game again." It's a game of strategy, planning, and patience!
    It took me hours too...just multiply by x number of days and months .

at all the people that call it a silly farm game!.

BTW, speaking of the actual silly farming game [-]. Back years ago when I played [another game] daily as I do Township, I actually created mouse automation to help me with the gameplay of that too. Wow, I'll have to dig up the script for that show you how insane that one was.

How ever much time I've spent on all of my antics, I feel it was time well spent. We also have this community in these forums and through the co-ops too, pretty cool I think.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 03-12-2020 at 07:35 AM. Reason: rule 4.d

i'm surprised this is easier for anyone. It's a very intuitive game it actually tells yo how much of each product you have in your barn so all you need to do is visit each factory, tap each item to know how much you have. My rule of thumb is I make at least 2 of everything in my factories. Some items I always buy from shop that are annoying to make, high time/low value like cheesecake, furniture, etc. Not much else to it but anyways i'm glad this works better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Warrior View Post
    i'm surprised this is easier for anyone. It's a very intuitive game it actually tells yo how much of each product you have in your barn so all you need to do is visit each factory, tap each item to know how much you have. My rule of thumb is I make at least 2 of everything in my factories. Some items I always buy from shop that are annoying to make, high time/low value like cheesecake, furniture, etc. Not much else to it but anyways i'm glad this works better for you.
    I took "easier", added obsessiveness along with a touch of efficiency and out came this spreadsheet . This whole spreadsheet is an evolution of my game play. I actually used to do what you said, kept goods in the barn and also in factories. I also used to keep a lot more crops in my barn so I wouldn't have to wait for them when I needed to make a good. At first I thought, knowing exactly what I need to make would help me manage barn inventory and I think it does help. So it started with keeping tabs of certain things and then I would say, "I think it would be cool if I could do this!".

A couple of months ago, I used the spreadsheet very little but last month my scheduled changed drastically and found it easier to follow along and not really have to think about it. So yeah, this does work well for me now. I'm glad you found this post and do appreciate your advice.

Wow! This is incredible! Is there a way to download the spreadsheet? Maybe I am missing it.

Thanks!