Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing Regatta Fairness

Racing Regatta Fairness

I must admit racing in the regatta is becoming less fun. Individuals with an abundance of money are finishing the regatta within the first 24 hours. We all know that most of the tasks take several hours to complete so there is no way one can finish 15 or 16 tasks that quick unless they call everything back early. Therefore the chances of winning in the top three..heck the top 10 is unobtainable. Not sure what the solution is.

I must confess this confuses me. Are you playing on one of the mobile options? Small 2 person co-op? Possibly luck of the draw?

I'm still getting my feet wet on the mobile so not completely sure why you are having issues.

PC is a no mans land for small co-ops. Most of the GLB is 2 racer co-ops. I have gotten to and kept a single person co-op (myself) into Gold League for a couple of months. Then I joined a couple of different co-ops. Have now started one with my wife. We have the unlucky draw every so often but for the most part it's not bad. Took us 4 weeks to get to Gold. 3 first, 2 second, 2 thirds, and 2 weeks not in the top 3. 6 people in the co-op right now.
    Just finished the IS with everyone getting their 9 chests. I am so glad that is done.

ramble, ramble, ramble.... Zzzzzz
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

I have completed this weeks regatta early this am..less than 24hrs and didnt spend any tcash.
    I delete long time tasks and wait fir another, unless I need one fir overnight.
    I did mining and event tasks mainly, so it can be done with a bit of luck with the task board.

Our co-op has 5 people, usually with an average of 4 of us racing at once, and it's very disappointing to wake up to the first place team already finished before I can even start a task. One of our racers is in Austria, so they begin before the rest of us who live in USA, so I don't know if that puts us in a different group or not but there's no way we can compete with international teams who finish all 16 of their tasks in the 9 hours that we are sleeping... Getting fed up and only reason I keep trying is for my teammates, but I think they are fed up as well =(
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Having fun building my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    Our co-op has 5 people, usually with an average of 4 of us racing at once, and it's very disappointing to wake up to the first place team already finished before I can even start a task. One of our racers is in Austria, so they begin before the rest of us who live in USA, so I don't know if that puts us in a different group or not but there's no way we can compete with international teams who finish all 16 of their tasks in the 9 hours that we are sleeping... Getting fed up and only reason I keep trying is for my teammates, but I think they are fed up as well =(
    It may be worth asking your Austrian teammate to wait until evening before starting, but delaying start does risk being added to an almost finished race, but that's what you're currently experiencing so worth a try. In general having peeps from different timezones is a big plus - less pressure on the Taskboard

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    Our co-op has 5 people, usually with an average of 4 of us racing at once, and it's very disappointing to wake up to the first place team already finished before I can even start a task. (
    My coop also usually races with four and last week the first coop was done about 12 hours after the event started. That's 16x4x135. There's no way a coop gets 64 135 point tasks up in mobile version of the game in under 12 hours, without spending a lot of tcash rushing the board and probably some more rushing tasks. Even though the board can generally hold a max of 4 at this number, we do not get 4 new ones every half hour even with an empty board, more like 1 or 2, maybe 3, sometimes none or none worth doing.

Say you start with four tasks up. Start 3 dump 1 would be pretty typical. Wait 30 minutes, get 2 more 135 tasks up. Start one, maybe someone is ready to start the other. 30 minutes later, get a couple more up. There's no way we get to 64 inside of 12 hours at this rate, and frankly, I can't believe all 4 racers lucked into tasks that can be finished in under 30 or even 60 minutes without tcash. We just do not get that many tasks that can be completed under 30 minutes without rushing something.

Our problem is that Payrix can't possibly care, because their objective is getting us to spend tcash. So a regatta system that provokes a lot of tcash spending is a good thing to them. They won't start seeing it as a feature that needs fixing until they start losing players over it. I find when I stop racing, this game gets kind of boring and pointless pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-10-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    It may be worth asking your Austrian teammate to wait until evening before starting, but delaying start does risk being added to an almost finished race, but that's what you're currently experiencing so worth a try. In general having peeps from different timezones is a big plus - less pressure on the Taskboard
    We never waited several hours, but found it didn't make much difference waiting for 30 minutes or an hour. I think this could only make matters worse. We are finding there are 9 or 10 teams every week finishing at max points, so wasting several hours to start can end up costing you several places, if that matters.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    We never waited several hours, but found it didn't make much difference waiting for 30 minutes or an hour. I think this could only make matters worse. We are finding there are 9 or 10 teams every week finishing at max points, so wasting several hours to start can end up costing you several places, if that matters.
    We've waited a few days to start when RL was v hectic. Don't think we were demoted, but it was a while ago. We didn't place top 3 either, but weren't expecting to.

So the wife and I have a co-op on the mobile now and are doing our first race on there.

For back ground we've been doing the co-op on PC for about 4 months now.
    I had a 6 month follow up with the doctor about my kidney cancer. So we didn't start racing until about 10 A.M. CST U.S.

The wife has finished 2 tasks. I waiting for wallpaper to dry on my first.
    But so far here are the results....

Regatta 3.10_edited.jpg

There are 15 teams on the board.
    Is this normal?
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post

The wife has finished 2 tasks. I waiting for wallpaper to dry on my first.
    But so far here are the results....

Regatta 3.10_edited.jpg

There are 15 teams on the board.
    Is this normal?
    Yes, in wooden league it's very normal . It's why "zombie racing" originally came about - there seem to be lots of teams which start a task and then disappear completely for some reason. The last time my mini town raced in wooden there were 9 teams who didn't score any points at all by the end of the race

But don't worry, it will change as you move up the leagues