Thread: Phantom Gift Balloons

Phantom Gift Balloons

Hi, Everyone!

I think our co-op has finally solved a grand mystery I've pondered for many, many months now. Every day, I receive a gift balloon from someone whose town name looks familiar, but doesn't appear on my friends list. I've always wanted to return the favor of a gift to the sender, but couldn't figure out who they were. Well, last week, a member of our co-op changed her town name but the gift balloons she sends to other co-op members still have her old town name attached to them. So unless you know the "old" name associated with the "new" name, you might also think you're getting phantom gift balloons.

You would think that if you change your town name that everything else associated with your account would also update automatically, but apparently that is not the case.

Has anyone else noticed phantom gift balloons hovering over their towns??
    Township: Serenity Falls
    Town Code: 2ALMEV
    Township Level: 146
    Co-Op: Puffin Party
    Co-Op Tag: #PUFZZV

Quote Originally Posted by TNapier View Post
    You would think that if you change your town name that everything else associated with your account would also update automatically, but apparently that is not the case.
    I noticed a while ago that the balloons had the old town name. Also, in the Friends list, the old town name used to show up below the new name, but that has disappeared lately.

I used to change my Town name fairly often. I guess I'll have to stop doing that - don't want to confuse people more than necessary, and would hate to get unfriended because somebody didn't recognise me, although I do use a custom profile pic. (I find the Township pics too impersonal and not distinctive enough.)

Doug
    Windows platform, level 70

when I was getting balloons from a player I didn’t know This didn’t apply to me.
    The player sending them always had the same name, but didn’t appear on any of my lists.
    Until one day the player appeared on my recent helpers list, so I immediately added the player as a friend.
    So that player was still sending me balloons but wasn’t a friend that had changed the town name, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to add the player as a friend if the player was already on there in another name.
    I change my name a lot to suit what’s going on in our coop, but I always have The same 2 letters at the start of the name so players/friends know it’s me.