Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to mushroom farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    On what platform are you playing ? On android, 1 bag of substrate is only good for 1 mushroom so I need 6 bags to get 6 mushrooms.
    I think they're being "fast and loose" with the term "bag". Like *all* animal feed, the Mill produces 1 "item" that is "3 bags of feed / substrate". When collected, each "item" takes up 3 slots in the barn so from that point of view, collect 1 item, get 3 bags. So 2 "collections of items" from the Mill yields the 6 "bags" needed for a full mushroom field.

So I believe their use of "2 bags" in this context is incorrect, they really mean "2 Mill shelf items --> 6 bags"

Yes, thank you for the correction cdosr! That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I think they're being "fast and loose" with the term "bag". Like *all* animal feed, the Mill produces 1 "item" that is "3 bags of feed / substrate". When collected, each "item" takes up 3 slots in the barn so from that point of view, collect 1 item, get 3 bags. So 2 "collections of items" from the Mill yields the 6 "bags" needed for a full mushroom field.

So I believe their use of "2 bags" in this context is incorrect, they really mean "2 Mill shelf items --> 6 bags"
    Thanks I realise the possible confusion after going back to my game.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Yes I was confused too. Which easily happens lol. I didn't notice each feed mill bag says 3x substrate. Whew! Not as bad as I thought! Still a bit of a pain to store in the barn vs store in the feed mill. But doable I guess.

We need more shelves in our factories and feed mills!!!!

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Has anybody tested if animal feed booster works on the mushrooms?
    And if they count towards feed X animals regatta task?

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Has anybody tested if animal feed booster works on the mushrooms?
    And if they count towards feed X animals regatta task?
    The booster does double the yield, but mushrooms don't count towards the animal feed task.

Odd, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The booster does double the yield, but mushrooms don't count towards the animal feed task.

Thanks BB

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

That is odd.

Strictly speaking, fungi are neither plants nor animals, but in terms of everything else, the software treats the mushrooms as animals. I wonder if not adding them to the feed task was just an oversight and something they will correct.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-03-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I don’t understand how the Mushrooms are treated as animals or why they should be included in the regatta task.
    The feed fir the Mushrooms (substrate) is produced in a “feed mill” not an Animal feed mill, which implies any feed fir anything could be produced there.
    As Mayfield points out they are not animals, and the regatta task is to feed Animals.
    I do agree though we need at least 2 more shelves to accommodate the substrate.

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    ... So far I have been producing the mushroom feed in my third feed mill which means now instead of having 12 feed items in the barn at all times I have 18. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    Like just_a_minute, I have one feed mill for the chicken feed, one for the cows and the other for the bees/pigs/sheep. ...
    For the 3rd feed mill, I keep 2 of each type on the shelves leaving 2 empty shelves. ....
    Thank you for your replies That's not how I work, or would want to, but I think there isn't a feasible/good solution anyway to what Playrix invented here. Both in the feed mills, the mushroom "farm", and the other 7-or-what factories.

oops, that is more than 2 things gone wrong.

I just thought yesterday, after having read again about so many players banned again simply by updating the game,
    and when being annoyed for the umpteenth time about their adding the new products exactly to the factories with 8 products already,
    that - despite my willingness so far to interpret their actions as positively meant - it is possible that the folks are right who interpret it as "only for Playrix" - not the players. well, live and learn.