Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to mushroom farm?

Upgrade to mushroom farm?

I'm wondering why we can't upgrade the mushroom farm? Since it's a substrate like the feeding mills and we're able to upgrade them it seems like we should be able to upgrade the mushroom farm. I think everyone playing Township will agree that 5 hours to grow 1 mushroom is far too long. Any chance that the developers are going to give us this ability?

No, we can't upgrade the other farms (in the farming tab) either, Otters, ducks, pigs, etc. The Feed Mills are under Factories, which we can upgrade.
    and I find the time for the otters too long also and I don't know the answer to your question, but would guess a "not voluntarily"
    and btw, you can also get 6 mushrooms after 5 hours; just saying. I bought twice from the dealer, though, lol, after having seen at the Wiki what we need in all these places!

I agree 5 hours for mushrooms feels excessive, but at least it's not as bad as the pigs and bees. Of course, we have more of those.

I really don't like this addition, neither as a resource nor all the recipes overcrowding already overcrowded factories. I have a feeling Raja will be supplying the majority of my needs for these items.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Given a choice between speeding it up and just getting rid of it, I'd prefer they got rid of the mushroom farm. Speeding it up would make things even more hectic.

I have 6 mushrooms growing at all times. 2 bags of substrate gives me the feed I need for those 6 mushrooms. I use 2 bags and immediately start making 2 more so there are always 2 bags waiting. So I see no issue there... same as the pigs, bees, cows, sheep and chickens.

I will agree that the issue is the number of products that need the mushrooms is overwhelming right now. I mean I immediately had 3 heli orders that wanted mushroom products before I even started building it. One of those orders was for 4 different items. I deleted the low $ orders and moved on.

IMO, it will even out. I'm not seeing as many dishes being requested already and I've only had it in production for 3 days.

Just my experience with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    I have 6 mushrooms growing at all times. 2 bags of substrate gives me the feed I need for those 6 mushrooms. I use 2 bags and immediately start making 2 more so there are always 2 bags waiting. So I see no issue there... same as the pigs, bees, cows, sheep and chickens. ...
    I use a similar procedure, but do have an issue with the feed mills not having enough shelves now for all the bags. That is rather inconvenient with feeding cows and chicken, and esp. in a regatta feeding task. How do you handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I use a similar procedure, but do have an issue with the feed mills not having enough shelves now for all the bags. That is rather inconvenient with feeding cows and chicken, and esp. in a regatta feeding task. How do you handle that?
    I was worried about this change because I was using one feedmill for cows only, one for chickens only, and one for sheep/bees/pigs. In the first two feed mills I kept every shelf and production box full at all times so as to never run out of milk & eggs. In the third I always kept 4 of two kinds made on the shelf, one set of 4 in the barn, and then back up the production boxes in the same order 4-4-4 and so on.

So far I have been producing the mushroom feed in my third feed mill which means now instead of having 12 feed items in the barn at all times I have 18. Not thrilled about that, but really I think it isn't that much of a hassle as long as I keep with my methods.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

I have 6 mushrooms growing at all times. 2 bags of substrate gives me the feed I need for those 6 mushrooms. I use 2 bags and immediately start making 2 more so there are always 2 bags waiting. So I see no issue there... same as the pigs, bees, cows, sheep and chickens.
    This is not how my mushroom farm works. I need six bags of substrate to grow six mushrooms. I have my mushroom production synchronized to my airplanes. So I need six bags of substrate every five hours. I intersperse my mushroom substrate with my chicken/cow/sheep feed. Not a production problem. But a storage problem (I can't store six bags in the feed mill but now have to store it in the barn).

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Like just_a_minute, I have one feed mill for the chicken feed, one for the cows and the other for the bees/pigs/sheep. I also keep the shelves stocked in the chicken/cows feed mills at all times. When I pull 2 out to feed, I immediately start 2 more.

For the 3rd feed mill, I keep 2 of each type on the shelves leaving 2 empty shelves. Again I start making more when I pull them off the shelves. I am adding the mushroom to this feed mill so have had to adjust somewhat. Let me clarify though that I actually had adjusted before we got the feed mill because I have been getting a boatload of requests for wool on my trains/airplanes. I now keep 2 bags of each feed in my barn and 2 on the shelves. So I have just added the mushroom substrate to that.

In a pinch, I would pull 2 out of the cow feed mill and use it to make another type since it doesn't take long to make. But not really likely. The system I use works for me.

Also, I do not do regattas so that is not a factor in my usage of the feed mills. I still haven't built the coop. I'm just not interested in that part of the game.

On what platform are you playing ? On android, 1 bag of substrate is only good for 1 mushroom so I need 6 bags to get 6 mushrooms.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix