Thread: Facebook ID's appearing on the friends list

Facebook ID's appearing on the friends list

New since the update - I see Facebook ID's now appear on the friends list. I'm not sure I like this - and see no need for it. We are constantly reminded by Playrix not to share personal information - yet here they are doing it for us!
    I would like to see this removed!
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

The facebook name only appears to you if you are friends with that player on facebook... so presumable you already know their facebook name and vice versa. It doesn't appear for in-game only friends that you are not connected to on facebook. At least, not on mine... (iPhone).

I like this feature and would be very upset to see it go away. For years I have not linked a facebook account and I was capped at 50 in-game friends and couldn't get the last friend achievement. Finally about a week ago I broke down and I created a facebook account just for Township, linked it up, and I headed over to the facebook group Township Family to make some friends. Holy smokes, I was SWAMPED with friend requests and being completely naive I accepted all of them thinking they were all Township players as that was the only group I posted in. Turns out more than half were CREEPY and I started getting messages and video phone calls and even dirty pictures. EW!!!! I deleted everyone and started over only becoming friends with people who seemed legit. For each friend I accepted or accepted my request I painstakingly went through my friend list and made sure we had become friends in the game.

I never want to see those messages or photos again and I don't know how else I would know these facebook friends were in the game (and on my platform) without matching their facebook name, because the town name and photo can be different.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Thanks for the reply - and if correct, then it's not so worrying..... I'll do some checking. It's worrying if the TS family group has weirdos in it though....... Hey-ho.

Lyndie - it DEFINITELY has spammers and weirdos and people trying to scam you. Please be careful. I don't know if that is a recent thing or not?? But I saw several complaints... only after I made my own mistakes, some of them mentioning "of great now this group has been infiltrated". I can't imagine the horror of any of those creeps getting pictures of people's children or identifying information of any kind.

To anyone else, I would HIGHLY suggest not using a real facebook account with personal information / photos to link to Township. Or never friend anyone you don't know in person. It's just too scary out there connecting with strangers, even if they seem like just a sweet Township player.

ETA: You can unlink your real facebook account and relink to a new account if you want to play on two devices. It doesn't mess anything up. Just make sure on one device you unlink - link to new facebook - and then on the other device log into the new facebook and link that game as well.
    Last edited by just_a_minute; 02-28-2020 at 11:08 PM.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post

ETA: You can unlink your real facebook account and relink to a new account if you want to play on two devices. It doesn't mess anything up. Just make sure on one device you unlink - link to new facebook - and then on the other device log into the new facebook and link that game as well.
    I would not recommend this. Facebook only allows one account per person. Especially after the abuses from fake accounts on various social media platforms during recent elections, Facebook are becoming more and more aggressive about verifying and deleting accounts they think are not real people or are duplicates. They typically now insist on you providing a photo for ID on the questioned account. If you only want the second account long enough to move a game between devices with different OS, you may be able to do it, but don't expect it to be there very long.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I don't like it either. I don't see any need or benefit to it. Our Facebook friends don't need to look here to find that information.

Let's admit it, TS are complete hypocrites when it comes to privacy protection. They give us all those messages about not sharing personal information, yet posted a happy-talk story about two TS players doing just that like it was a wonderful thing.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I agree Facebook will only allow one account. I had two, one fir family and one for my graphic designs. FB asked fir photo ID, they wouldn’t accept anything except my passport. So I stopped using FB.
    That said I know of many people that have more than one account. They use names that appear legit, so the bots don’t pick them up.
    I guess it’s a risk you can take if your willing to let one account go if they find you.

I've just re-checked my friend list and all the FB ID's have been removed.