Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Delayed Start-Change Made the Start of this Season

  1. #1

    Delayed Start-Change Made the Start of this Season

    For those that do a delayed start and haven’t heard (we only found out because one of our members contacted Playrix), your team is entered in the regatta once you touch the board, ie dumping tasks. Used to be your team did not enter the race until you took a task. Unless I missed it somewhere, an announcement from Playrix informing players of this change would’ve been much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Township View Post
    For those that do a delayed start and haven’t heard (we only found out because one of our members contacted Playrix), your team is entered in the regatta once you touch the board, ie dumping tasks. Used to be your team did not enter the race until you took a task. Unless I missed it somewhere, an announcement from Playrix informing players of this change would’ve been much appreciated.
    Are you sure? What platform are you on?
    I ask, not because I doubt you, but because we do quite a long delayed start and were one of three boats in race when we did. Think we were later merged with another grouping as went from second of 4 to bottom while I slept which is unusual .

    Android

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Are you sure? What platform are you on?
    I ask, not because I doubt you, but because we do quite a long delayed start and were one of three boats in race when we did. Think we were later merged with another grouping as went from second of 4 to bottom while I slept which is unusual .

    Android
    We delayed a day hoping to not get grouped with global leaders again. In the meantime we set up the board. Our UK players kicked us off and we were in something like 10th place, with first place almost done. Marsha from Playrix gave the above information to one of our players when she messaged them. I’m on ios, but other players are Android.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Township View Post
    We delayed a day hoping to not get grouped with global leaders again. In the meantime we set up the board. Our UK players kicked us off and we were in something like 10th place, with first place almost done. Marsha from Playrix gave the above information to one of our players when she messaged them. I’m on ios, but other players are Android.
    Thanks for reply. As far as I was aware, being added to a group where first few boats already nearly finished has been a risk with delayed start for quite some time. Many thanks for passing on the info from Playrix

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks for reply. As far as I was aware, being added to a group where first few boats already nearly finished has been a risk with delayed start for quite some time. Many thanks for passing on the info from Playrix
    There is always that risk, of course, but I think typically there isn’t such a disparity. We were in the race didn’t know it. That is what I am hoping to prevent for other players

  6. #6
    I didn’t start until Weds, couldn’t start immediately due to RL issues. Regatta in my zone starts Tuesday at 9am.
    So I had a full day delayed. I did my first task and was put into a group which showed we had all done one task except the leader who had done 3.
    Don’t know if that’s cos I delayed or not but I have found That when I start on Tuesday afternoon I am usually at the bottom and have to climb the board.

  7. #7
    Yes! It seems Playrix is getting famous for this type of thing. Any time I've questioned something the only answer I've gotten has been for me to keep in mind that it's part of the latest improvements or something along that line. How am I supposed to know that when no announcement etc. Has been made?!?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •