Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The town that don't sleep!

The town that don't sleep!

Hi there, I read the no-list and they say they won't have a night mood in the township game this time, OR maybe never!
    While it will be more realistic, but I guess that now that we playing and having town that don't sleep!
    Do you find it better to not have a night mood/skin in game!
    Ok what about if player can turn it on or off, I mean the night mood of the town, it will be even more fun if we choosed the day time and night time in game!
    Or yall find it more enjoyable to have town that don't sleep " it's not healthy "
    Last edited by Harmman420; 03-02-2020 at 07:44 AM.

I love the idea of a night time setting. It would also be great to have things like the northern lights visible in the sky background. But then it would also require some way of implementing a street light type affect, even without lamps, and I don't know if that would be doable. If they could be added to streets, like on the edges where the sidewalks are, that would be cool. I suppose it would be somewhat difficult though, and probably wouldn't work as well as we might imagine, since with the winter scenery there are some decorations that do not get decorated, and those make the entire feature look weird, if you have too many in your town (ie. customizable parks). It's a cool idea in theory.

I find it more healthy not to insist on discussing things that the Devs have said won't be implemented, as you noticed, Harmman
    programming-wise, I guess it would mean a huge load of new graphics, cos EVERYTHING must get re-created in a "dark vision/mode". They can't just turn lights off.
    Even more complicated when everyone of the million players can choose. Plus, just a matter of time then, till the wishes come up to have different settings for zoo and town, or even better, IN town.
    Probably a nightmare of saving space needed for these "oh it's just display"-things, too, I'd guess.

I'd really rather have they used their time for working on the Frequently Suggested-Ideas-list.
    Or the latest feedback about their events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I love the idea of a night time setting. It would also be great to have things like the northern lights visible in the sky background. But then it would also require some way of implementing a street light type affect, even without lamps, and I don't know if that would be doable. If they could be added to streets, like on the edges where the sidewalks are, that would be cool. I suppose it would be somewhat difficult though, and probably wouldn't work as well as we might imagine, since with the winter scenery there are some decorations that do not get decorated, and those make the entire feature look weird, if you have too many in your town (ie. customizable parks). It's a cool idea in theory.
    Thanks for your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I find it more healthy not to insist on discussing things that the Devs have said won't be implemented, as you noticed, Harmman
    programming-wise, I guess it would mean a huge load of new graphics, cos EVERYTHING must get re-created in a "dark vision/mode". They can't just turn lights off.
    Even more complicated when everyone of the million players can choose. Plus, just a matter of time then, till the wishes come up to have different settings for zoo and town, or even better, IN town.
    Probably a nightmare of saving space needed for these "oh it's just display"-things, too, I'd guess.

I'd really rather have they used their time for working on the Frequently Suggested-Ideas-list.
    Or the latest feedback about their events.
    I think they say maybe it won't happens now, or maybe never, I just wonder if it won't happens now, MAYBE 2021 OR 2022, yes it take time, I understand this

It's healthy to work your mind about your favorite game that you support

Thanks for being here and clearing stuff like this, I appreciate it
    Last edited by Harmman420; 03-02-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Thruve
    You must remember that is not as simple as flipping a switch. My eye twitches thinking about everything that has to be recoded from the ground up. No thanks lol. I agree it would be cool, but I assure you it’s not worth it for the programmers. They’d be better off making a whole new game I’d imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    You must remember that is not as simple as flipping a switch. My eye twitches thinking about everything that has to be recoded from the ground up. No thanks lol. I agree it would be cool, but I assure you it’s not worth it for the programmers. They’d be better off making a whole new game I’d imagine.
    I know, I know.......... I KNOW
    I wasnt about to post something and think it shall happens tomorrow, I said it may happens 2021 or next, players been playing for years,developers are able if they want, I'm just saying what gotta look more fun " cool " as you said, and it just after years able to happens not today night, and why making another game if this one is billion time successful? more than others games playrix already made, look at forums, township wins so NO THANKS" lol " NO NEED FOR ANOTHER GAME beside successful one
    Last edited by Harmman420; 03-02-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Wish they'd get rid of the stupid cloud that leaves a massive shadow while it passes by

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRoo View Post
    Wish they'd get rid of the stupid cloud that leaves a massive shadow while it passes by
    Yeah, whenever I see that black shadow in my town I wonder what a mug happened!
    Clouds can be on or off too in settings, this gotta be wonderful, again, the game is great, successful, wonderful, challenging and sometimes when I can control my town view even in future It can be more exciting.
    Thanks for comment, appreciate

You have hit the nail on the head Harmman...the game is very successful. Therefore changing it to such an extent isn’t needed.
    Even in years to come, it is just too much work to implement it.
    A simple thing like the different time zones would be too much, never mind the rest. As someone said it would be a whole new game.
    The fact is they have said they won’t do it and so it us what it is, we have to accept that.
    I wonder how many other games of the same genre even have a wish list, so at least we ask even if we don’t get.