Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FIELD distribution method

New FIELD distribution method

Basing field distribution on the number of civic buildings in a township makes no sense to me. Fields are related to products needed to be produced to supply the factories in a township. It is very unfair to multiply the numbers and types of products made in the factories without also multiplying the fields available to produce the additional products. I propose a change to the system as follows. At each level up, a player has the option to buy, with coins, 1 field. If the player does not buy the 1 field before the next level up, either: 1. Field is lost and no longer available. ( i.e. fields do not accumulate just because player didn't purchase ) or 2. Field can be purchased for TCash for 1 MORE level and then it's gone for good). That way, if you don't have enough fields, it's your own fault.

Sorry but the fields are given free, and I don’t want to have to pay for them.
    This is a game of strategy and management, and the fields can be managed easily as they are.
    After all these years the game has been going I can’t see anything changing With them.
    Not long ago we managed with a few less fields than we have now.

I'm not in favo(u)r either of finding yet another way to pay in this "free to play"-game.
    But I also find more fields necessary, when they keep adding stuff that needs crops, and Playrix simply could be a BIT more generous with them, as well as with expansions, for example. They're testing us enough with the barn management, and not being able to finish zoo enclosures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Sorry but the fields are given free, and I don’t want to have to pay for them.
    This is a game of strategy and management, and the fields can be managed easily as they are.
    After all these years the game has been going I can’t see anything changing With them.
    Not long ago we managed with a few less fields than we have now.
    I am puzzled by this response. Playrix makes it fairly easy to get coins and possible (if less easy) to make tcash without ever using real money, so no one is forced to actually "pay" for anything unless they want to. Perhaps I need guidance on field management because I can't seem to grow sufficient quantities to meet demand. What would be really useful here would be suggestions on OTHER new ideas for a new field distribution system that could keep up with demand if a player was interested in doing that. I chose the monetary option because I think a new distribution system is needed and I hoped it would have some appeal for the developers. That being said, what are your ideas on alternative ways to increase fields?

As a PC player limited to 115 fields it is all about managing them. That and having a good co-op to back you up. Would it be nice to have the 122(?) fields available to mobile? Maybe, but it would throw off my OCD because 122 is not divisible by 5, 6, 10, or 12. There would be 2 fields left over and I would wind up having to hide them some where.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    ...Would it be nice to have the 122(?) fields available to mobile? Maybe, but it would throw off my OCD because 122 is not divisible by 5, 6, 10, or 12. There would be 2 fields left over and I would wind up having to hide them some where.
    I have added the new fields as connection between the "blocks" I had already, horizontally with 2, vertically with 1, and added for crops that are either fast growing and more needed, or very slowly growing. Also gave a new form w/o ruining the old one.
    Would something like that help you maybe? can't imagine not using them, when you get them

20200303-min.jpg (tap to enlarge)

iPad Mini
    Town:
    Heartland (Alana)
    now look - the family is growing?
    (alas, the siggie getting huge, too)
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-03-2020 at 02:00 PM.

I have 1 row (5 or 6 fields) of each product either ready for harvest or growing at any given time. When I need to grow larger quantities I just reduce the number of I plant in each row. If you add a double crop booster you should be able to keep up fairly easily.

I thought the fields were based on population.

Here's mine. I have enough ocd to want them in neat grids of rows and columns too. I usually cope with one or two extras by fitting them around the edges of other things. The first two are mingled in with the daffodils. Those fields nearly always grow roses or jasmine, as do the fields along side the feed mills.

I just got one new field and my first instinct was, of course, to store the scarecrow and insert the new field in that spot. I decided instead to stick it off by itself. I'm waiting to see how long I can stand it.

These spaces are usually occupied by the same crops, except the 6 fields near the mushroom farm and the fields shown here planted in rice. The ones around the mushroom farm are used for whatever I need extra at the moment. The rice fields grow rice, coffee or peanuts as needed. Those three crops, roses, and jasmine are the only crops I keep any significant inventory in the barn.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-03-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    now look - the family is growing?
    (alas, the siggie getting huge, too)
    Fixed

Rows of 5 and groups of 10. No clue what I'll do if/when PC gets more fields.

Fields Darkwood.jpg

Move the laboratory and start a new row?