Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Task board system

Task board system

Help, please explain how the task board works for getting more 135 point tasks. How many 135 pts tasks appear on the board at a time? Is there a "better time" to dump unwanted tasks? What is task blocking and hot cells?

The number of 135 point tasks that can appear at the same time will vary based on the size of the coop or number of racers.

For smaller groups, the limit is pretty much 4. My coop will occasionally see 5 but only if at least one is a special seasonal task like the relays or combo tasks.

Task blocking is when you deliberately leave 3 low point plane/train/zoo tasks on the board to prevent 135s of those all too frequent slow tasks.
    A hot cell is a crate that has recently had a 135 task and people pay TC to refresh it, with some theories that doing so at a specific time brings more success. (I haven't yet learned how so can't give more details).
    Both are strategies to reduce number of dumps needed to get fast 135s on the Taskboard.

We have had up to 10 135 point tasks on the board at the same time. Which so happens to be right now. 3 of them are airplanes but of our 6 members 3 like airplanes.

Regatta Board.jpg

JayS thanks for the info on Blocking and Hot boxes! I swear I learn something new every time I come on here!

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    We have had up to 10 135 point tasks on the board at the same time. Which so happens to be right now. 3 of them are airplanes but of our 6 members 3 like airplanes.

Regatta Board.jpg

JayS thanks for the info on Blocking and Hot boxes! I swear I learn something new every time I come on here!
    Is that in your Windows game Gary? Just asking because so many 135 point tasks would seem quite unusual for a team of six on iOS/Kindle/Android I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Is that in your Windows game Gary? Just asking because so many 135 point tasks would seem quite unusual for a team of six on iOS/Kindle/Android I think.
    Yes that is from Stronger Together. After that screen shot we have picked up an 11th 135 task on the board.
    Toad Lick is in GOC Beach Party runs around 30 members but I only do between 5-10 tasks on there.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post

Regatta Board.jpg

You're more than welcome, am no expert, still learning all the time too.
    Have no idea if blocking works same way on Windows. If that's the sort of board a co-op of 6 can get, worth putting up with disappearing zoo ;P I struggle (in a 3 racing co-op) to get 4 135s at a time. Used to get a fifth during events but not recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Task blocking is when you deliberately leave 3 low point plane/train/zoo tasks on the board to prevent 135s of those all too frequent slow tasks.
    Interesting to read, I think we should try this in our coop. I‘m always fascinated how other coops in our group manage to finish the regatta in a few hours (we‘re also a three person coop) while we are struggling to get one or two acceptable tasks. Yesterday morning we only had three slow tasks on the board, so I dumped two of them, the result was nearly the same. At this time the first group had finished the first three tasks.

A hot cell is a crate that has recently had a 135 task and people pay TC to refresh it, with some theories that doing so at a specific time brings more success. (I haven't yet learned how so can't give more details).
    Both are strategies to reduce number of dumps needed to get fast 135s on the Taskboard.
    Is this dependend on whether the task was made or dumped? I tried this with dumped 135 tasks and it didn‘t work for me, so this is no option.
    Last edited by Monaco; 02-26-2020 at 12:56 PM.

...A hot cell is a crate that has recently had a 135 task and people pay TC to refresh it, with some theories that doing so at a specific time brings more success. (I haven't yet learned how so can't give more details).
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Is this dependend on whether the task was made or dumped? I tried this with dumped 135 tasks and it didn‘t work for me, so this is no option.
    I remembered reading about this and think I found the post again, here.
    Note that it is from 2018, and didn't always work at that time already.
    I also remember a later info that said when paying for the refresh, the task won't be a 135 again.
    But it seems it worked for some, at that time, and we humans love seeming patterns anyway.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-26-2020 at 09:27 PM. Reason: very welcome, Jay :)

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Interesting to read, I think we should try this in our coop. I‘m always fascinated how other coops in our group manage to finish the regatta in a few hours (we‘re also a three person coop) while we are struggling to get one or two acceptable tasks. Yesterday morning we only had three slow tasks on the board, so I dumped two of them, the result was nearly the same. At this time the first group had finished the first three tasks.

Dumped. But afaik only 1 crate at a time.
    As stated in brackets, I don't know how to do it, but have seen it done so know that people do. I am too miserly with TC to experiment too much without guidance from someone who knows what they're doing. Am led to believe that most of the glb teams manage the taskboard in such a way or similar.

ETA. Thanks DD for digging out the link. I remember reading it when just starting out and getting very confused. Have seen it done far more recently so variation on the theme still being used.
    Last edited by JayS; 02-26-2020 at 07:51 PM.