Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being asked to "confirm my identity" by facebook - preventing me from playing

Can anyone confirm that disconnecting facebook from my Township account WON"T delete everything??

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Warrior View Post
    Can anyone confirm that disconnecting facebook from my Township account WON"T delete everything??
    Can confirm. Having your town connected to a facebook account allows you to back it up and play on multiple devices, it doesn't affect the progress you have on your current device.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Whew it worked.... I don't even know if I had to disconnect it because I still get prompted to log into facebook when I start up the game but instead I'm just clicking "Not now" and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times before it finally lets me in... annoying but it works

I was getting the request to log in via Facebook too, every time I opened my game. I went into the TS settings and disconnected FB, then connected again and that seemed to get rid of the pop up.

Facebook is changing its platform from classic to new. When this happened to me, I went to open facebook through the web browser(never login through fb app) and it wanted me to identify myself with my phone number (no way will fb get ever my phone #). So with a little research I found that fb had changed a lot of my privacy and security options and added a two step authentication option which was turned on, this was the culprit, turned that sucker off and voila problem solved.