Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being asked to "confirm my identity" by facebook - preventing me from playing

Being asked to "confirm my identity" by facebook - preventing me from playing

Has anyone else ever had this? So when Township loads, i'm being prompted by Facebook to confirm my identity because apparently there has been suspicious activity or someone has been logging on my facebook account (they haven't). Facebook wants me to "confirm my identity" either by asking friends or uploading an ID. The problem is, I don';t even use facebook. Literally only made this account so I could connect it to Township. It doesn't have any friends, no personal information but yet i'm being asked to confirm personal information. I'm totally screwed unless someone else has experienced this and knows how to get passed it? Help????

Edit: Oh and it only happens when I try to open Township, I can log into the website either on my pc or my phone just fine.

It is a valid response from Facebook. Best to request help from them inside FB. It may have something to do with the OS you are on and the fact that FB is not providing backups for the accounts anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/help/117450615006715

I think FB views not having any friends as suspicious and indicative of a 'dummy accounts which is against their ToS. Had a similar problem before I stopped using their services. Good Luck.

I forgot about the recent crackdown that hit some friends that have multiples and some are just for games. As JayS stated you hit the jackpot, err checklist, of questionable accounts.

Yikes I really hope that is not true....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    It is a valid response from Facebook. Best to request help from them inside FB. It may have something to do with the OS you are on and the fact that FB is not providing backups for the accounts anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/help/117450615006715
    are you saying that the game is not backed up on facebook anymore? So if someone were to switch to a new device, they lose their game?

I had the game ask me to confirm my identity or something, not too long ago. But it didn't make me ask friends or provide an id. It was more like I had to relog in. I didn't have to do anything more.

Has op added any facebook friends in game yet? If no, maybe this would satisfy the facebook request. All my game friends are through facebook (though none are real life friends).

I am uncertain of the backup status. I recall different devices are backed up differently depending on the OS. There is a trend where developers/publishers are going to have to pay to have games backed up or do it themselves. Too sleepy and tired to look it all up, sorry.

Have you tried disconnecting Township from Facebook in settings? You don’t have to be connected to Facebook to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Eaton View Post
    Have you tried disconnecting Township from Facebook in settings? You don’t have to be connected to Facebook to play.
    I'll try this now