Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Duck feeder - number of ducks outside/inside

  1. #1

    Question Duck feeder - number of ducks outside/inside

    I have a problem with my duck feeders. The number of ducks feeding seen from the outside almost never matches the number of ducks actually feeding when I enter the duck feeder (and there are always fewer ducks when I open the feeder). It is very frequently that see 4 ducks from the outside when I fed them banana bread and then entering the feeder and finding out that only 1 duck is feeding.
    I contacted Playrix support directly from the game, but it was an horrible and useless experience, like talking to a wall.
    I was wondering if anyone else has this issue with their duck feeders and if there's any solution out there.
    Thanks.
    My town: Carcavelos
    Playing Township since 7 January, 2017
    Platform: Android

  2. #2
    I'm also playing on Android, and I don't have that change (thx heaven!). I am sure about this cos I keep looking at them, inside and outside, since they changed it to getting mostly LESS than 4 with banana bread.
    (still thumbs down for that change, Playrix!)

    Would it help if you told us what Playrix said as explanation? (w/o direct quote or names)
    It looks like a bug to me.

  3. #3
    Even if I wanted to, I have no way of telling you who I contacted at Playrix, since the whole "support" process seems to have been automated with no possibility of human interaction. I tried all the suggested categories that showed up during what they now call a "Conversation" and I always ended up having the "chat" closed by Playrix that didn't seem to have a clue about my issue... A very infuriating experience
    My town: Carcavelos
    Playing Township since 7 January, 2017
    Platform: Android

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    ... with no possibility of human interaction. I tried all the suggested categories that showed up during what they now call a "Conversation" and I always ended up having the "chat" closed by Playrix that didn't seem to have a clue about my issue...
    I had that happen lately also, and didn't trust my eyes. There are some categories where they seem to think (if they did..) that their standard hint at reading something would help - and close the thing?! => speechless before exploding, exactly.
    How ANYone can think such a behaviour would calm down an already angry person coming to look for support is beyond me.

    I found that "loss of ingame items" brought me on the way to getting a human response.
    (and I better don't comment on that here, but well, understanding each other is difficult everywhere )
    It was a fitting topic (as well as the other before IMO) in that case, and I find we can adapt it to the situation here, too.
    We're losing banana bread, and ducks...

    If you do try again (while waiting here, so to speak), remember to read their automated replies: I found (also just lately) that you must reply to the first, and NOT to the 2nd, to keep the ticket open.


    p.s: we'd best consider it a new game, through the labyrinth, a puzzle... better for the nerves/health.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-20-2020 at 05:27 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    Even if I wanted to, I have no way of telling you who I contacted at Playrix, since the whole "support" process seems to have been automated with no possibility of human interaction. I tried all the suggested categories that showed up during what they now call a "Conversation" and I always ended up having the "chat" closed by Playrix that didn't seem to have a clue about my issue... A very infuriating experience
    Just FYI, I looked up the company that provides the "help" (and I use the term loosely). They pride themselves in that almost all (yes, *all*) the "conversations" can be handled by their advanced AI using a form of "scripting" developed by their customer (Playrix). So it's not surprising that the interactions all seem "automated", they are!

    Certainly it cuts down on the "support staff" (i.e., humans) needed but does depend heavily on the quality of their AI (and they do claim they have a number of clients in the world) and the quality of the scripts that direct the AI for any particular product (Township). Of course, another way to cut costs is to make the process / quality of resolutions so frustrating that the "call volume" drops to near 0.

    Call me skeptical but it almost sounds like those telephone call centers where there's no "get me a human" option (press 9 to hear this menu again) or a "support web site" that does not have a phone number listed, you have to use the "Knowledge Base" to search for a solution to your problem.

    I can't wait for the next generation support where I have to ask Alexa for why my zoo disappeared.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    I have a problem with my duck feeders. The number of ducks feeding seen from the outside almost never matches the number of ducks actually feeding when I enter the duck feeder (and there are always fewer ducks when I open the feeder). It is very frequently that see 4 ducks from the outside when I fed them banana bread and then entering the feeder and finding out that only 1 duck is feeding.
    I contacted Playrix support directly from the game, but it was an horrible and useless experience, like talking to a wall.
    I was wondering if anyone else has this issue with their duck feeders and if there's any solution out there.
    Thanks.
    As to your original problem, I have not seen this *except* at the very start of the feeding cycle. I notice that the ducks "flutter" down to the feeding trough one at a time and there can be a long delay before all the ducks have landed. The exterior view does immediately show the number of ducks. So if you quickly look outside, see 4, then look inside, you may see less because they are still "landing". Of course, if you're looking later in the cycle, like when the feathers are ready to collect the numbers should match and I've not seen them be mismatched.

    I'm sure you've tried this a number of times and that's why you reported it. Sorry that the answers were unsatisfactory.

  7. #7
    Thank you all for your answers. I did try the missing items category only to see the conversation abruptly closed shortly after. For the sake of my sanity, I will not be going through that again, and I must say that I feel quite put off by the whole gaming experience at this point
    But this too shall pass, as soon as I've counted down from 1000 a few times
    I have checked the number of ducks at various points in time throughout the feeding cycle and have confirmed the issue - but thanks for your suggestion, it makes me feel like I'm getting real support, like it's supposed to be. It's really sad when a company like Playrix disrespects its community so blatantly. If they think they are paying for AI, they should check again because they're paying for complete garbage.
    Once again, I thank you all for your feedback
    My town: Carcavelos
    Playing Township since 7 January, 2017
    Platform: Android

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    Thank you all for your answers. I did try the missing items category only to see the conversation abruptly closed shortly after. For the sake of my sanity, I will not be going through that again, and I must say that I feel quite put off by the whole gaming experience at this point
    But this too shall pass, as soon as I've counted down from 1000 a few times
    I have checked the number of ducks at various points in time throughout the feeding cycle and have confirmed the issue - but thanks for your suggestion, it makes me feel like I'm getting real support, like it's supposed to be. It's really sad when a company like Playrix disrespects its community so blatantly. If they think they are paying for AI, they should check again because they're paying for complete garbage.
    Once again, I thank you all for your feedback
    Can't be much help. I only recently realised the ducks outside were supposed to reflect contents of duck feeders and had always opened duck feeders to check before taking a feathers task, mainly because the outside ducks were hidden by my feed mils. Having moved the duck feeders so that outside ducks were visible and having been told of the correlation between outside and inside, I was excited last week to take a 15/16 white feathers task as an instant task, only to find 2 ducks in one feeder and 3 in the other. Paid TC to speed up one feeder with my last banana bread to get only two ducks. Luckily Raja was available for me to buy more banana bread to feed the second feeder which then gave me four ducks so I only collected one, leaving me 2 green available for a blue feathers task. An instant white feathers task therefore took a couple of minutes (could have been much longer had Raja not been available).
    Lesson learned, back to checking feeder contents before taking a feathers task as I always used to before being able to see the outside ducks. You are not alone in the outside not always matching the inside.

  9. #9
    Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you're also affected by this problem.
    Is there any chance that if enough players report an issue here Playrix will become aware of the bug and consider fixing it?
    For the reasons I mentioned in my previous posts, I'm totally done with reporting the issue in-game.
    My town: Carcavelos
    Playing Township since 7 January, 2017
    Platform: Android

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you're also affected by this problem.
    Is there any chance that if enough players report an issue here Playrix will become aware of the bug and consider fixing it?
    For the reasons I mentioned in my previous posts, I'm totally done with reporting the issue in-game.
    As far as I know, reporting from in-game is the only way Devs will see the issue, especially where some players experience it but others not-they need access to our device data. CS can sometimes be a whole new dentistry-themed Mini-Game, pulling teeth so I avoid as much as possible. They are good, once they ascertain what the problem is.
    Responses here as to whose duck-feeders show an accurate headcount would be useful though. Also see if upcoming update changes it.
    I am also Android

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •