Thread: how to NOT use factory upgrade coupons

how to NOT use factory upgrade coupons

hi I’m only lvl 36 so trying to get my factories upgraded but I won an upgrade coupon and I don’t want to use it at this early stage. I see the factories that have ingots available show them for upgrade but not the ones without enough ingots, they show the coupon. I need to know what ingots to work on for my particular factory. Is there a way to bypass the ingot and see how many and the types needed for the upgrades.

Unfortunately, once you have an upgrade coupon, you have to use it.

If you wish to check ingot requirements for any given upgrade, though, you can see them all by clicking HERE.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Unfortunately, once you have an upgrade coupon, you have to use it.

If you wish to check ingot requirements for any given upgrade, though, you can see them all by clicking HERE.
    Even that wiki advises using the coupon on higher level upgrades. I didn’t claim the coupon it just appeared after I won the event. How do you save the coupon for higher level upgrades? Surely I have a choice of ingots or the coupon. Please tell me I can save it pleeeezzz.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJ View Post
    Even that wiki advises using the coupon on higher level upgrades. I didn’t claim the coupon it just appeared after I won the event. How do you save the coupon for higher level upgrades? Surely I have a choice of ingots or the coupon. Please tell me I can save it pleeeezzz.
    You have to use the coupon when you get it. There is no “save” option, you win it, and there it is.

What the wiki is suggesting, it to use it on your highest level factory. So if all your factories are level 3, except your textiles factory is level 15, then use it on your textiles factory.

I understand; it’s annoyinh that we can’t save them, but... a free upgrade is a free upgrade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

OK Thanks,
    I do disagree about the free is free. I spent a ton of cash and effort in winning the race. fairly won and earned and really should have been mine to use when I wanted.

Unfortunately, as Nevada said, you do not have the option to delay using that coupon.

What I did that made the most sense to me was to look at the various factory upgrade requirements for any factory below level 27 (which is where the 50% reduction in time is, no sense in upgrading them further, at least not until every one is at level 27). I picked the one with the highest ingot requirement, in my case the Coffee Factory, level 18 -> 19 wants 30 bronze ingots, so I am at least getting the most value out of the coupon (in terms of number of ingots I have to produce).

Just curious, where did you "win" a factory upgrade coupon? I bought mine in the Yacht Club, it's available for purchase for 250 Tokens.

I won the coupon at the Seeds to Market that just ended. I don’t have a zoo. Others I know won their event as well and have a zoo and got a packet of cards. I think that’s another reason not to get the zoo at least until you’re a lot farther along in the town, upgrades etc. The zoo is a drag on the game at the early level.