Thread: Do we need great grammer skills to communicate with each others?

Do we need great grammer skills to communicate with each others?

Hi there, I do have friends from everywhere in social media, and I do have friends from japan which they dont speak English ( and Arabic for sure ) , so do you find it a problem when you communicate with a friend that don't speak your language but do understand simple english?
    Someone told me in a topic a posted here to talk my first language " arabic " but the problem in arabic that one word have multi meanings not smiliar to english which is easiest, if you already know there is letters in Arabic that hard to people who didn't learn arabic to say it.

So tell me if you communicate easily with people with bad grammatical skills or it's hard?
    Last edited by Harmman420; 02-23-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmman420 View Post
    Hi there, I do have friends from everywhere in social media, and I do have friends from japan which they dont speak English, so do you find it a problem when you communicate with a friend that don't speak your language but do understand simple english?
    Someone told me in a topic a posted here to talk my first language " arabic " but the problem in arabic that one word have multi meanings not smiliar tonenglish which is easiest, if you already know there is letters in Arabic that hard to people who speak foreign to say it.

So tell me if you communicate easily with people with bad grammatical skills or it's fine?
    Hi again
    Have managed to communicate effectively with people with no common language, using hand gestures and facial expressions, a lot of pointing and playacting That's impossible in writing.
    It's great that you post, 'choukhram' for taking the time to.
    Plenty of times on here native English speakers confuse each other by using different ways of saying something.
    When I don't understand something I ask.
    Specific details and / or examples help to give context which helps understanding.
    I really hope my asking questions didn't upset you.

I wasn't upset at all, because I know myself I'm not good in grammer but I try to be clear in what I mean������
    Last edited by Harmman420; 02-20-2020 at 10:02 AM.

I think anyone who attempts to communicate anything in any language that isn’t their mother tongue should be applauded. It’s more than I can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    ...Plenty of times on here native English speakers confuse each other by using different ways of saying something. ...
    I really hope my asking questions didn't upset you.
    After H. replied to that themselves (that it didn't), I'd like to tell you that I (as another non-native) found your post in the other thread asking very kindly. It's not easy.
    As for the first sentence in the quote: sometimes they also confuse non-native speakers with that and other things, like saying something country-specific w/o explanation (ads, brand or company names, etc).
    And non-native (here: English) speakers can even confuse native AND non-native English speakers! hey!

At this opportunity, a Thank you to all explainers and 'translators'.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    After H. replied to that themselves (that it didn't), I'd like to tell you that I (as another non-native) found your post in the other thread asking very kindly.
    Yes he was kindly asking me what I mean, imposter that threat because I like to communicate with different people from everywhere, for me I found it confusing to talk with anothers because my own first language is harder in grammer and some letters than English cannot be spoken correctly easily, also i wasn't that good in " original arabic " grammer������
    I'm trying to gave my thoughts faster so that's maybe the problem in my grammer, but grammer classes is such boring if i can at least understand and say my thoughts in correct word, not correct " Grammer's " it make life harder
    Screenshot_20200223-102504_Google.jpg
    Thanks everyone for sharing me what you think, i just wanted to know what you feel about people with wrong grammer in social media since we now can follow & be friends with people from all around the world " peace out"
    Last edited by dreadnought; 02-25-2020 at 02:31 PM.

JayS was so kind, everyone was great when I post a thread with my " bad grammer" I wasn't that good back to school days both in English & Arabic grammer " which more harder than English by the way" but I was good in philosophy, biology, physics sport, and writing topics about specific things teachers ask us to write about it.
    They liked how I speak the feelings and make it understooded as possible beside my bad grammers

I posted the thread for fun, since I enjoy knowing people & even meeting them from social media, and I know some people need understanding for quick-quick cheques, while I saw someone here speak France & Greek threads so that's what's up
    Respect For Everyone & Peace out
    Last edited by Harmman420; 02-25-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Beside my topics, I had only two topics, got asked by other members on my grammer meaning: do i mean this? Both of them was about T CASH, those was the only threads I've been asked what the mug I meant exactly
    Still interesting to be understood but ish grammer isn't my thing
    Last edited by Harmman420; 02-23-2020 at 02:22 PM.