Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Boom Event

Hello all -
    It's almost embarrassing that I had nothing better to do on a friday night, but here's a portion of my spreadsheet giving the top "points per minutes" assuming no speedups and upgrades. As stated by others, Bread and Sugar are at the top, but a little surprising with some of the rest.

CAVEAT - I'm only level 72 so I don't have the data for items made at higher levels

Goods Time Industrial points Points per minute
    Bread 5.00 1 0.2000
    Sugar 20.00 2 0.1000
    Baked Potato 50.00 4 0.0800
    Hot Dog 25.00 2 0.0800
    Jelly Sandwich 40.00 3 0.0750
    Brownie 40.00 3 0.0750
    Shuttlecock 40.00 3 0.0750
    Granola 40.00 3 0.0750
    Glazed Bacon 80.00 6 0.0750
    Syrup 40.00 3 0.0750
    Yarn 40.00 3 0.0750
    Air Freshener 40.00 3 0.0750
    Cookie 15.00 1 0.0667
    Bagel 30.00 2 0.0667
    Pizza 120.00 8 0.0667
    Potato Bread 60.00 4 0.0667
    Banana Bread 90.00 6 0.0667
    Seafood Pizza 150.00 10 0.0667

Best of luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I may well be wrong but I don't think this one will count towards Champion Mayor achievement as the grow crops one didn't from memory. Hope to be corrected.
    Advanced agricultulture did count and this one should do, too. On the calendar this one had the same pictures as the others, same grouping, rewards etc. The only difference is that there are group goals, too like for the agriculture. I believe there are now 4 mayor competition:
    Transport magnate
    Mine time
    Advanced agriculture
    Industrial bloom

I won 3 transport magnates and 2 mine times and I have 6/10, so the 6th must have been the agricultural.
    Windows : Level 108
    Android : Level 87

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    Advanced agricultulture did count and this one should do, too. On the calendar this one had the same pictures as the others, same grouping, rewards etc. The only difference is that there are group goals, too like for the agriculture. I believe there are now 4 mayor competition:
    Transport magnate
    Mine time
    Advanced agriculture
    Industrial bloom

I won 3 transport magnates and 2 mine times and I have 6/10, so the 6th must have been the agricultural.
    Cool, happy to stand corrected, and even happier as currently in first place, hoping that others in grouping will slow down since group goal achieved. Thanks

This inaugural IB will count for my seventh CMA. I currently have 9,346 points and I have not seen any let up on my chasers since the group goal was attained. My Day One boosters were High-speed, Super-harvest and Smart Navigation. All my factories were shelved with the longest-time products and queued up with the shortest-time products (except for canopies) prior to this event's start time. I can use another Smart Navigation booster if necessary but I doubt I will need to with a 4,507 point lead on second place and approaching the midway time point. Am selling goods to anyone offering at least 1,300xp (usually it is 1,800xp). Helping friends anytime I can. Am enjoying this new dimension in TS reality with the shrooms and their "magical" goods while watching the crews work on the "mystical" expansions. Good times! Peace. Love. And rock-n-roll forever!
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t264:199+8, z200, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op (#HE96YF) ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

Funny thing: the second group reward my 'team' just achieved is a 30% factory booster.
    To intensify the battle around who can come / stay in the top three

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Funny thing: the second group reward my 'team' just achieved is a 30% factory booster.
    To intensify the battle around who can come / stay in the top three
    I had the same thing. Actually I don't know if I even got a first reward. When I entered the competition Friday morning the first time I noticed the progress bar it was at about 95% complete! Within a few moments it was done. Something was badly miscalibrated in our case, somehow.

I should've planned better for this event. I'm running out of all the base products like rubber, silk sugars etc. I'll know better next time & start stocking up on all the base ingredients.

still top of my group though & the 5 ruby gems are worth more to me than the 50 t-cash.

My Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I want to put in the effort on this one. Anyone thinking out strategy?

I guess my aim is to go to sleep with all factory shelves full, all factory boxes backed up full of whatever takes the least amount of time, and start the 30% factory time reduction booster when I wake up.

If I can't get a good jump on the competition right there, I'll probably just play normally because I don't want to make bread, cream, milkshakes, and espresso until all my workers go on strike
    Rule #1

Play the game while listening to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger."

Im usually pretty terrible in these type events since I don't have my town built for mass producing. But I ran a couple boosters I've saved for such an occasion and I'm doing well, relative to my peers, as a result. But now (we're level 52-53) everyone seems to be resigned to their positions and aren't trying any longer. There was a point when several lf us were racing for first-third But I'm quite a bit ahead for first and there's a big gap between third and forth now. So now we're 3100+ point until the last group reward and I don't know if we will get it if everyone else doesn't bother contributing. Fingers crossed others put in a bit more. I hope others in my group will want those rubies.

P.S. Crop booster is a must have for me, for this event. that was super helpful and I'm glad I saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebliever View Post
    ...Actually I don't know if I even got a first reward. When I entered the competition Friday morning the first time I noticed the progress bar it was at about 95% complete! Within a few moments it was done. ...
    Something similar here - I got a first reward whe the bar was approximately half full. The next day, when I logged in, it was finished, and I didn't see any reward for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯