Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helicopter Ads for dollars, where is he?

Paddy
    I have had Ccleaner for years, I know how to uninstall and reinstall the clean way, and have tried this over 6 times, and still no ads. I am not on Facebook, just the pc version, I still have the xmas décor, very pretty but it is a little late for xmas, there is not update for township for windows, I keep checking. I did send a report to support will see what they have to say.

Shannon, I think it is just the pc users of the game, I still have the xmas theme which is pretty, but getting tired of it, maybe when they do an update it might fix the $ ads really need the $$ if you know what I mean

MJ I apologize I thought your Problem was you could not connect to Facebook.. As for the Ad's I haven't seen them for 2 or 3 Months. When it was running I was getting 5 Ad's per day and it was great for getting Green Cash. Maybe Playrix no longer support it, I don't Know but I do wish it would come back.
    Paddy

Is there anybody still getting the Video Director? Is it all Windows platforms that he has disappeared from? Any specific levels? Is it related to regulations about ads directed at children? Does anybody have the final answer?

Doug

I sent a ticket to support and this is what they replied:

Thanks for reaching out to us! Videos are only available to a test group of randomly selected players.
    That group constantly changes and expands, and your account could be added to it at any moment. Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the settings manually.

So, after playing this game for over a year and half and receiving the ad videos in the helicopter task window at least twice a hour, they are saying now that it is random? I don't think so, I think the total issue is township on windows, must have been a upgrade with windows that township has not yet corrected on their end.

So until they do a update on township I think we all are out of luck with the ads. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ TOWN View Post
    So, after playing this game for over a year and half and receiving the ad videos in the helicopter task window at least twice a hour, they are saying now that it is random? I don't think so, I think the total issue is township on windows, must have been a upgrade with windows that township has not yet corrected on their end...
    It might be that all or some Windows players fell out of the groups that receive ads with the director, but Playrix saying it is random (groups) is not "now" only or new. I saw a post by Liza Makhina when I joined the forum in 2016. She was an active forum Admin at that time, and they had just started that procedure with putting players in groups for receiving ads.
    They didn't explain how they decide that, nor why they see it as necessary not to have all in there, nor why and how they change the grouping. Liza just mentioned at THAT time that re-installing the game could bring you into another group (and I don't know which risks there are of losing one's game lvl status with a new installation, but there certainly are).

Over the years there have been many posts and threads here asking about the movie director disappearing, and there is no apparent rule to it - some never had him, some had him always, different amount of appearance (per hour, per day, less often), some swear he vanishes after tcash purchase, some swear he doesn't, for some he came back after vanishing, and for some he didn't.

So it might be that something happened with your latest Windows update, like a "re-grouping"... it would be unusual, I think, to take all out, but in any case, I don't believe it's a conspiracy towards Windows users.
    Crossing fingers y'all get him back!

Thank you for answering me MJ. I am also on win 10 and still have the Christmas theme so maybe things might change with an update but I'm not holding my breath. Most of my co-op stopped playing after we lost him, just took the fun out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ TOWN View Post

So until they do a update on township I think we all are out of luck with the ads. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Thank you all for the possible explanations. I guess I'll just have to stop expecting him to reappear and get my tcash from HOL, the mine, and gifts from people I help. It's either feast or famine.

Doug
    Play for fun, period.

I was told that it IS random whether or not you receive videos which give cash regardless of the platform you’re playing from. You’re very lucky if you’re getting videos at the moment because it isn’t permanent and at some time it’ll stop. If you’re used to getting the helicopter videos I’m sure it’s very disappointing when they do stop.
    I’ve never received a helicopter video, so count yourself lucky if you have! My fellow co op members have had in the past but don’t any more.