Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Hopping Interseasonal Co-op Guidelines

Non Hopping Interseasonal Co-op Guidelines

Hi everyone. I’m hoping you’ll be able to help as our co-op is in a middle of a break down about how many tasks people can do to get the 9 chests. Earlier this week 1 person keeps doing multiple tasks in each chest leaving not many for the rest of us. Some of even had to wait over a day to finally get one. A couple of the co-leaders & I came up with 1 task per chest and even 2 tasks per day. One each of an easy and hard task, which is really hard to determine as we have players from levels 44 to 83 and who knows where they are in upgrading factories/trains/ships.

Out of 30, 25 are doing the tasks and only 8 have the 9 chests. 8 have done less that 5.

In your opinion, what would be fair for everyone to have a chance to get the maximum 9 chests?

Is deleting wood/iron chests a benefit considering the levels the players are at to get the best rewards?

Most of us have been in the co-op almost 4 months after leaving a previous one due bad experiences and I’ve only been the leader for a week after the previous leader stepped down due to lack of communication and setting guidelines for the regatta. I’ve only been playing for 200 days (as of an hour ago) and I’m still new & learning even though I’m at level 83. Didn’t even know if you’re opt in for racing but don’t race you still get the rewards.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Jenn

Sounds like you have a few problems.

IS is best done with a small number of players. Break up into several smaller co-ops just before IS starts and do the hopping strategies. That will only work if you have good communications and cooperative players. You would have to have somebody trustworthy to "hold the fort" in your co-op, so you could all get back. Read the many posts about hopping if you decide to do this.

The bigger problem sounds like a number of uncommunicative, uncooperative, non-participating players. Must be a good reason that the old leader stepped down. I would start a new co-op "by request" and invite the good players to join you. Let the bad players fend for themselves. Or, alternatively, kick out the bad players or at least restrict them.

Doug
    Play for fun, but remember that it's fun to win.

Sometimes, drastic measures are required.

Thank you Douglasnorth. I’m not sure if hopping would be a good choice for everyone. About half of the group do what they can, while the rest of us always do the max tasks every week. We’re a competitive group, but somewhat casual about it. As long as we stay were are, we’re good. Just want to get to first place or the top three.

As for creating a new co-op, we almost did that last week. Which I’m kinda glad we didn’t since we finally got back in golden league after leaving the last one and some really didn’t want to go through that again. Things were ok at first, then got better after another said we needed a co-leader who nominated me. After that I promoted a couple others to co-leaders and we set up guidelines for regattas without input from the leader even after asking him. That’s about when he almost disappeared for awhile with real life obligations. He did come back a couple of weeks later, just not communicating with us when asking his thoughts about things.

As for kicking people out, I have done it but some kept coming back until I closed it. We have restricted, but sometimes I’m just not sure if we need a full 30. I’ve created charts for the next month to keep track of participation and will go from there to see who needs to go.

Thanks again!

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by JennLee View Post

As for creating a new co-op, we almost did that last week. Which I’m kinda glad we didn’t since we finally got back in golden league after leaving the last one and some really didn’t want to go through that again.

Jenn
    Sounds like you're getting things in order. I've been in large co-ops for IS and it is hard to get a task, especially if someone is not sharing a chest. I can't understand the logic of someone who would rather do three tasks and get one chest rather than do three tasks and end up with three chests.

Remember, what happens in IS doesn't affect your gold league status. If a small group left to form a temporary co-op for IS, it would make it easier for everybody to get tasks/chests/co-op rewards. Just make sure they can be invited back in when IS is over!!!

I'd love to hear from people who play in large co-ops to find out what their strategy is.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Sounds like you're getting things in order. I've been in large co-ops for IS and it is hard to get a task, especially if someone is not sharing a chest. I can't understand the logic of someone who would rather do three tasks and get one chest rather than do three tasks and end up with three chests.

Remember, what happens in IS doesn't affect your gold league status. If a small group left to form a temporary co-op for IS, it would make it easier for everybody to get tasks/chests/co-op rewards. Just make sure they can be invited back in when IS is over!!!

I'd love to hear from people who play in large co-ops to find out what their strategy is.

Doug
    Just a couple of observations Doug
    One reason for doing a whole chest alone rather than sharing it is if one is scared of wasting completed tasks if another player fails a task and therefore the chest. Doesn't happen in co-op where all are enthusiastic about regatta, but all too often in co-ops with casual players.
    Also, splitting off into smaller groups is a good strategy, as long as one non-racer stays at home co-op and invites everyone back as soon as IS is over. If only a handful leave or remain the home co-op goals are not significantly reduced as far as I know.

I've been in different coops that always end up the same. The leader stops leading or participating as much and the group strays. And even though their will me clearly defined rules of regatta participation, members will stray from that too. First, you have to decide, make clear, and stick to whether your group will be easy going racers or full participation racers who work to get high points. People will stray so be prepared to kick some just riding along doing no work getting free stuff. Life does come first as long as they communicate with you and uncheck they are racing so that they aren't counted (but if they disappear too long be ready to kick too). If you have good racers, promote them. Its great to get their opinion if they see how things could run smoother for the group. One bad apple will spoil the bunch, believe me 🙄.
    I'm thinking about leaving my group because we have a high ranked co leader that isn't working as a team mate. She snatches all the easy tasks in the IS chests, hopping chest to chest doing every easy task even though she has 32 tasks and some are struggling to get 5. It's to the point now I won't even work on a chest where I see she did the HOL only then skipped to a different chest. So try to watch for task hogs. It sounds like you have a good plan, just make sure to stick with it and have a consequence

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_momma View Post

If you have good racers, promote them. Its great to get their opinion if they see how things could run smoother for the group. One bad apple will spoil the bunch, believe me .

She snatches all the easy tasks in the IS chests, hopping chest to chest doing every easy task even though she has 32 tasks and some are struggling to get 5. It's to the point now I won't even work on a chest where I see she did the HOL only then skipped to a different chest.
    I have promoted the good ones to co-leaders and we have talked to make things smoother for everyone, however I wish there was a tab in the chat for leaders/co-leaders to talk about things first before talking with the group.

Our current bad apple tends to have a hissy fit when changes are needed and things don’t go his way. He has a bad habit of forgetting there’s no “I” in team. He’s also the one that created problems the first time with reservations. Always taking the fast/easy ones and letting them sit for hours when someone else could have done it and gone on to a new task. He ended up leaving towards the end of the week and came back the next day. After the fact, I will admit he was a bad choice as a co-leader since we never saw that side of him before. Right now I’m ready to kick him out because of the things he’s been saying after we asked him to stop taking multiple easy/fast tasks in each chest within the first 2 days. He does get all the tasks goals done, however I’m getting tired of his bs. Like I said, he forgets there’s no “I” in team.

If a member has started a chest and another member "hops in" and takes the last task, how do you get them out your chest? Do you have to dump the whole chest? Or can "hopper" just dump the task they snatched or would this cause a failure for the whole chest?

Quote Originally Posted by CozeeMarie View Post
    If a member has started a chest and another member "hops in" and takes the last task, how do you get them out your chest? Do you have to dump the whole chest? Or can "hopper" just dump the task they snatched or would this cause a failure for the whole chest?
    During interseasonal tasks can be dumped, then taken by another member, or even restarted after a time penalty

ETA 3 members working in one chest is more efficient than same 3 members each doing a whole chest alone

Quote Originally Posted by CozeeMarie View Post
    In the interseasonal regatta you earn prizes for every chest you have done a task in when all three tasks are completed and the chest removes itself from the board. Therefore it is better for three different teammates to do tasks in each chest - that way, when the chest is finished all three of you will obtain one prize each.

If you do all three tasks yourself you are actually doing three times the amount of work! It would be more beneficial to everyone if you allow your teammate to do their task, and you go on to take a task in a chest already started by someone else.

By the way, "hopping" is something completely different - there are several threads here which explain it. I may well be wrong, but I'm guessing your teammate is just trying to be helpful