Thread: Regatta Opt-out not recognized causing demotion

Regatta Opt-out not recognized causing demotion

Last week of the regular racing season my coop was demoted due to one player not getting opted out in time. She opted out at 12:29am EST (screenshot with time stamp). When I went to start the race, she was still showing “as racing” and since no tasks had been taken I opted her out myself and it said that she was restricted from the current regatta. So, we thought everything was fine. After taking a few tasks, I noticed that her name was included in our stats section but her name was in greyscale and after looking at the other teams, realized that she was never excluded from the race. Therefore, we were placed with teams with one extra member. This, of course, made our demotion a certainty.

Myself, my co-leader, and the player who should have been opted out all contacted support and were basically given vague responses. My co-leader tried to explain the time-line and we were sent this as a response:
    In simplest terms, a player should be restricted before Regatta starts globally, otherwise they will still be able to participate. Which is why the situation that you've had happened.
    We tried again to get some information as to what the time limit is for players to opt out and it be recognized by Playrix so that this does not happen again.

Can someone please explain to me why my player was not opted out when she did so, a few hours before race started, and what amount of time should players opt out prior to race time for the system to actually opt them out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of the changes I noticed is that when you change your settings, you also have to hit the "OK" button to have the changes apply / take effect.

20200215_144942.jpg

I see you do not have a screenshot of the game's settings but of the chat where the player says they have opted out. Did they go back and verify that the co-op building removed the "ship's wheel" racing indicator?

And yes, some people have reported that the "opt-in / opt-out" status is "fixed" at a certain time of day and that the time is prior to the actual race start (which would be 3AM EST / 8AM UTC). While it may seem that 12:39AM (2.5 hours before start) would be enough time there has actually been no statement as to when the number of racing members is determined.

It used to be that the opt-in / opt-out setting could be changed right up to the moment someone "Starts" the first task for the team but that no longer seems to be the case. It would be good to get a definitive answer from Playrix.

Thank you for your response. When I realized it didn't take her out, I sent her a message and she did respond that it showed right on her end but no screenshot of that, unfortunately. I understand Playrix won't change our status back to Gold or anything but yes, the main thing I am looking for here is a definitive answer so that we can avoid this in the future.
    As for making changes up until a task is started, that definitely is no longer the case as this situation has proven. Hopefully, at least that can help others in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by heathermt74 View Post
    Thank you for your response. When I realized it didn't take her out, I sent her a message and she did respond that it showed right on her end but no screenshot of that, unfortunately. I understand Playrix won't change our status back to Gold or anything but yes, the main thing I am looking for here is a definitive answer so that we can avoid this in the future.
    As for making changes up until a task is started, that definitely is no longer the case as this situation has proven. Hopefully, at least that can help others in the future.
    It does help.
    We've had the opposite problem of trying to unrestrict someone and their leaving and being re-invited in to the co-op and also reloading game in-between helped the change in settings to stick. Have vaguest of vague memories that this had to be done one hour before start of race but I have no idea if that is really the case of not.
    Maybe some brave co-op that doesn't care what league they're in could do some testing. My teammates would shoot me if I volunteered though.

The regatta start times are listed in the Wiki, link below, according to your time zone.
    https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Regatta

JayS is correct you have to opt out within 1hr of the start time. ( a few seconds before in reality)
    It looks as though Playrix are taking your restriction time which may have been outside the timeline, rather than the time the player opted out.
    If in fact it wasn’t I would contact them again and explain, however Playrix like to see screenshots as proof so not sure how they will respond.