Thread: How do I Reinstall Township on IOS

How do I Reinstall Township on IOS

Hi - I’m missing a friend from my Valentine list and have been told reinstalling the game might fix this. I know there’s an in game link on how to do a reinstall but I’m a little confused by it and terrified that 1500+ consecutive days play me disappear forever. Can someone explain clearly how to do it? My game is linked to Facebook - many thanks.

Il te suffit de désinstaller et réinstaller le jeu et tu garderais toutes tes progressions. Je l'ai déjà fait car j'avais des problèmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen Foyle Loveday View Post
    Hi - I’m missing a friend from my Valentine list and have been told reinstalling the game might fix this. I know there’s an in game link on how to do a reinstall but I’m a little confused by it and terrified that 1500+ consecutive days play me disappear forever. Can someone explain clearly how to do it? My game is linked to Facebook - many thanks.
    Hi. If your friend is a Facebook friend try this before you do the uninstall thing - disconnect your game Facebook, close it down completely (not just minimise), switch off your device for a minute or so, switch back on, reload the game and reconnect to Facebook. This sometimes changes the friends who show up.

If you do that a few times and it still doesn't work, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling. I play on Kindle not iOS and I've done it several times. It's always worked ok for me, but obviously I can't promise anything. I've never had to do it, but some people report that they have to play through the first few levels again before they can reconnect to Facebook. When I've done it I've always got my town back exactly as it was.

Just an afterthought, have you tried visiting your friend's town and sending a gift from there, rather than doing it from your town?

Anyway, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Hi. If your friend is a Facebook friend try this before you do the uninstall thing - disconnect your game Facebook, close it down completely (not just minimise), switch off your device for a minute or so, switch back on, reload the game and reconnect to Facebook. This sometimes changes the friends who show up.

If you do that a few times and it still doesn't work, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling. I play on Kindle not iOS and I've done it several times. It's always worked ok for me, but obviously I can't promise anything. I've never had to do it, but some people report that they have to play through the first few levels again before they can reconnect to Facebook. When I've done it I've always got my town back exactly as it was.

Just an afterthought, have you tried visiting your friend's town and sending a gift from there, rather than doing it from your town?

Anyway, good luck
    Thanks for the detailed response JJay. The Valentine Event is now over and having read several posts from players who had the same problem of friends disappearing from their VE list, I’ve yet to read one who managed to get their missing friend back on it.

I play on IOS iPad and it seems significant to me that my entire list of 49 friends stayed on the list whilst sending between 1/3 gifts/posts to several of them. But the one who went missing did so after I’d sent 7 successive messages to them. Yes, a lot I know. But my point is, another thread about this issue seems to touch on the possibility that too many messages may have caused the disappearance, with a suggestion there may be a limit on the number of messages you can send to one friend. But this sounds unlikely if only because it would limit the ‘real’ cash some might be willing to spend during this week long event.

I did attempt to send a message from my missing friend’s Town but the VE icon was missing so that option was a non starter, too. I did turn off Facebook for 15 minutes and turned it back on and that didn’t work either. To be honest JJay, I chickened out of doing a reinstall because, with a 1500+ consecutive day tally (he said, embarrassingly!) I would have been seriously miffed if there’d been a major disruption with my Town.

Instead, given everyone else’s lack of success I contacted Help and Support who gave me this response:

Hi there,

The development team have been made aware of this issue however they don't believe they will have a fix by the time the event is over however it will be fixed for the next Valentine's Event.
    I understand that this is not the best of answers to hear so I will compensate you 15 T-cash for this inconvenience.

I apologise once again,

Thank you for understanding.

So, there we have it. The powers that be appear to suggest it’s a bug of some kind and fingers crossed my friend will be back on the list next year. Although next time I’ll go easy on the messages!

Hope that repays your comprehensive post JJay and thanks so much for your input.

David Loveday

Quote Originally Posted by Calmville31 View Post
    Il te suffit de désinstaller et réinstaller le jeu et tu garderais toutes tes progressions. Je l'ai déjà fait car j'avais des problèmes.
    Merci pour votre réponse. Si vous lisez ma réponse détaillée à JJay ci-dessous, vous aurez une image complète. Je dois avouer que j'étais nerveux à l'idée de faire un nouveau téléchargement, mais je prendrai votre assurance et je le ferai peut-être à l'avenir si jamais j'en ai besoin. Veuillez excuser mon mauvais français. Merci encore Calmville 31.

David Loveday

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen Foyle Loveday View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response .......
    You're welcome David. Sorry it didn't work out for you. You're right, it did seem to be quite a common problem, and from what others have said uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help anyway. The same thing also happened last year, so whether they will fix it or not before next time, we'll just have to wait and see