Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ore Galore Mini-Event

Ore Galore Mini-Event

Great concept, except I had to go down 19 levels to get one piece. Double isn’t good if you don’t give us pieces along the way
    Last edited by dreadnought; 02-09-2020 at 11:05 PM.

If you are ONLY going straight down, and not left and right also, that's not how it is meant and works, although the mining event only counts that. You can buy and use the "See the light"-booster, to avoid clearing unnecessary areas.
    If you did that (left and right also), and still need so many levels, I recommend to report it ingame. Playrix won't react to forum msgs, esp. when it is a single occurrence (which I assume, cos - I didn't count, but - it's not with so many empty "lines" for me).

I haven't noticed a change, either. I get just as many as before, but I use "see the light.

Ore Galore event

This is awesome!

I bought a See The Light booster and am using the mining tools that I've saved since the last mining event.

So.much.ore!

At least ten gems.

Eight or nine artifacts.

Plenty of tools.

And I'm not even in first place for the competition, but for me the best part will be the factory upgrading I can do after smelting the ore into ingots.

I love it too. I had a stockpile of tools so I waited until the double ore started and used them all up. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have waited until closer to the end of the competiton, so there would be less time for others to catch up. But for right now, I'm at 1 and I would really love to stay in the top 3 as I could really use all the bronze ingots for my next upgrade (tcash is always nice too). But it was fantastic to score so much ore. That is such a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Richter View Post
    Great concept, except I had to go down 19 levels to get one piece. Double isn’t good if you don’t give us pieces along the way
    I understand your point. Many in this thread have extra tools like boosters, which help. But the competition is for gaining the most depth, so if that's what you're aiming at then going left and right wastes picks.

hst, I would advise, if you can, using your axes to go down and every 3rd row use a dynamite. This way you will often be able to see when there are things you can collect, without wasting so many tools. Also, the dynamite is useful when you reach a long block you need to go around. I save my big explosives for blasting through the double rock only. Hope these suggestions are helpful. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I love it too. I had a stockpile of tools so I waited until the double ore started and used them all up. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have waited until closer to the end of the competiton, so there would be less time for others to catch up. But for right now, I'm at 1 and I would really love to stay in the top 3 as I could really use all the bronze ingots for my next upgrade (tcash is always nice too). But it was fantastic to score so much ore. That is such a great help.
    I thought the same, but I am at 2400+. I think it's unlikely someone will score that much at my level. + I needed the ores, because I was buying pickaxes for a week, so run out of ores...
    Windows : Level 108
    Android : Level 91

I did enough to qualify on the first day then really started when the double started. I was in 30th when I started and am now sitting at 6th and will probably end up somewhere between 4th and 10th. No one is even close to 1st. They are are 2313. #2 is at 677. My goal is to get the ore. Ended up getting the profile picture for mining 300 units of ore in one day without even knowing that was a thing to get. And, that was without the booster. Also got some artifacts, one even finished a collection.

I also do what Zealous said about the pick axes and the dynamite. Helps find a lot of stuff.

I use the light boost and have noticed stretches where it mat be 10 -15 levels straight down with nothing except some rock along he way. My axe inventory is almost gone but I am in 2nd, 1st is out of reach. Hope the next season has smelting tasks to take advantage of.

I'm on my second light. Started with 1800 picks, 126 dynamite, and 102 TNT. I've got 1508 points in the Mine Time event.
    173 Clay, 822 copper ore, 428 silver ore, 348 gold ore, and 204 platinum ore.
    I'm starting to make ore but will us the smelter bonus once I finish digging.

I'm already planning for next time this comes around and can't wait to get this on the PC!

*Edit*

I am finished with the mining event.

0 picks, 22 tnt, and 48 dynamite remaining. I will start buying for next time today and not use. I know that will waste my Light but you can only dig some long.

Devo cues... "workin in a coal mine goin down down"

Total on clay/ore is
    209 clay
    924 copper
    499 silver
    420 gold
    252 platinum

Final depth is 1828.

Can't wait for the next Mine Time!
    Last edited by gggillis; 02-10-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together