Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal - how is the number of tasks required for final co-op goal determined?

Interseasonal - how is the number of tasks required for final co-op goal determined?

I think I've read that the number of tasks required for final co-op goal is determined by how many players are actually doing tasks before the fourth goal is reached. i.e. if only one player is doing tasks to reach the fourth goal, then when they start the next task, any number of players can join in and do tasks to reach the final goal, without regard to when those players joined the co-op. Isn't that the whole idea behind hopping?

Does this change if the co-op is an established one? Can all the other players just sit back and do nothing while one player gets the first four rewards, then jump in to help get the final reward? If not, can the other players leave the co-op before IS starts and rejoin after IS starts in order to reset the number of players belonging to a co-op, in a sense? Or is the number of tasks required for final co-op goal determined in part by the co-op's history?

Sorry for the convoluted wording, but no way to simplify this question.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    I think I've read that the number of tasks required for final co-op goal is determined by how many players are actually doing tasks before the fourth goal is reached. i.e. if only one player is doing tasks to reach the fourth goal, then when they start the next task, any number of players can join in and do tasks to reach the final goal, without regard to when those players joined the co-op. Isn't that the whole idea behind hopping?

Does this change if the co-op is an established one? Can all the other players just sit back and do nothing while one player gets the first four rewards, then jump in to help get the final reward? If not, can the other players leave the co-op before IS starts and rejoin after IS starts in order to reset the number of players belonging to a co-op, in a sense? Or is the number of tasks required for final co-op goal determined in part by the co-op's history?

Sorry for the convoluted wording, but no way to simplify this question.

Doug
    Your first paragraph is correct Doug - that is the basis of hopping. But it only works in either a new co-op, or one that only had one member the previous week. I don't know if anyone has ever worked out exactly how they determine the number of tasks for co-op goals, but it definitely has something to do with the number of players racing the week before.

If your co-op wants to try it amongst themselves, one of them should create a new co-op and invite the others to join (leaving one person behind to keep your original co-op open). The goals will be 2, 4, 7, 11 and 17 tasks. That person then does 11 tasks - everyone who is there will get all the prizes along the way - and when the 11th task is completed the others can join in to reach the final goal. After that, if you want, just repeat the process as many times as you like.

It's really important that someone stays in your old co-op - if everyone leaves it will be disbanded. Also no-one should take a task till the 11th one is completed, otherwise the goals will increase. And be aware that there is a time penalty if you leave and join co-ops multiple times. It's better to invite people (so you need to be friends - not with everyone - the guests can be promoted to invite too - but you all need to be friends with at least one other person), and then kick them at the end.

If you decide to give it a try, have fun

Doug if you want to give it a try I'm sure you could get a couple from Stronger to hop with you. Then maybe Alana could do the same thing and you could join her.

So I'm thinking a minimum of 6 people? more would be ok might get the 6 tasks done faster?
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Your first paragraph is correct Doug - that is the basis of hopping. )
    Thank you JJay, that's the best explanation of hopping that I think I have come across, especially the 2, 4, 7, 11, 17 bit.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried the experiment of everybody (except the best player, presumably the leader) leaving the co-op before the IS starts and rejoining after the IS starts to see how that affects the 2, 4, 7, 11, 17 numbers? Obviously, if it did give the 17 task final number, it would only work once per IS. But for those co-ops who didn't want to do the whole hopping experience, it would be a possible shortcut to getting the final rewards. Then everybody could work at their own pace to get the nine chests.

Doug

P.S. Thanks Gary for the offer. We'll talk later.

Thank you JJay, that's the best explanation of hopping that I think I have come across, especially the 2, 4, 7, 11, 17 bit.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried the experiment of everybody (except the best player, presumably the leader) leaving the co-op before the IS starts and rejoining after the IS starts to see how that affects the 2, 4, 7, 11, 17 numbers? Obviously, if it did give the 17 task final number, it would only work once per IS. But for those co-ops who didn't want to do the whole hopping experience, it would be a possible shortcut to getting the final rewards. Then everybody could work at their own pace to get the nine chests.

Doug

P.S. Thanks Gary for the offer. We'll talk later.
    How exactly the number of tasks required is calculated is not completely known. The only way to guarantee an end total of 17 is with a new co-op, and only one player doing the first eleven. Hi
    This thread gives you more info :https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...pping%E2%80%9D
    As a co-op you could take it in turns to host then stay in the last one to do chests, returning to home co-op AFTER collecting IS rewards.
    Last edited by JayS; 02-09-2020 at 02:49 AM.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried the experiment of everybody (except the best player, presumably the leader) leaving the co-op before the IS starts and rejoining after the IS starts to see how that affects the 2, 4, 7, 11, 17 numbers?

r.
    The 2,4,7,11,17 numbers given above are tasks required for a newly created coop with no racing history.

It doesn't work like that for exisiting coops, even if your membership shrinks to one. The minimum number of tasks needed for the existing coop will be set before IS begins using some formula based mostly on how many racers your coop had in recent weeks. The software assumes you will have a similar number of racers during IS. It doesn't care how many left to hop. It does not adjust those numbers downward if there are actually fewer people in the coop or taking tasks than their formula expected. It will, however, adjust those numbers up if there are more players taking tasks than it expected.

In other words, if all but one go hopping, the one left behind is totally screwed.

You might want to review the discussion in this old thread where people began to figure out how it works. It has some ideas on how you can have some members hopping while some or most continue to work in the original coop. It is important that all hoppers come back the last couple days to help finish the tasks for the original coop.

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...rs-left-behind
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-09-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

The week prior to one interseasonal regatta both of my towns raced in the same co-op. One town left before interseasonal started, but in the remaining co-op the goals were for two players not one. So, as JayS and Mayfield have said, no that wouldn't work.

If you don't want to try JayS's suggestion of all but one leaving your co-op and forming another, one person doing 11 tasks, and then everyone working on chests (of course this depends on you having a player who is willing to stay in your home co-op), you could either "hop" for a couple of days, or a certain number of times so that everyone got a turn, and then go home and work on chests, or split up into co-ops of about 3 players. Not exactly sure but I think the goals for 3 people in a new co-op would be around 2, 8, 17, 29, 47. They could work on personal chests together and would have a better choice of tasks than in a large co-op, and after that take easy tasks to finish the group goals.

ETA - if in a new co-op of 3, only one player took tasks to goal 4, I think the goals would be something like 2, 4, 7, 11, and 29.
    Last edited by JJay; 02-09-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Interseasonal co-op goals are made up of:
    How old the co-op is.
    How established the co-op is (is it a wood league or gold league or whatever).
    How many people have been in the co-op over the last few weeks.
    How many people have moved in and out of the co-op over the last few weeks.
    Also: a bunch of other unknown stuff.

That all contributes to setting up the initial goal number (how many tasks are needed to get the first reward).
    In a brand new, wooden league co-op, with only one person in it at the start of the Interseasonal Regatta week, this number is 2.

From there, each additional goal is set at a base number, that changes depending on who else starts a task (literally just touching the start button by a task will affect the count).

Assuming just one person has started any tasks, the numbers (as above) are:
    1st reward - 2
    2nd reward - 4
    3rd reward - 7
    4th reward - 11
    5th reward - 17

Let’s assume that only one person has started/completed any tasks right up to completing the 11th goal. At that point, the final goal is set at 17 tasks, and six different people can all jump on tasks then because it doesn’t matter.

Let’s assume one person has done 10 tasks, and then someone else starts a task. As soon as one of those people finish that task, the counter will switch to 11/23, so you’ll have to then complete a further 12 tasks, instead of 6, to get that final goal.

Let’s assume one person has only done 3 tasks before a different person starts a task.
    To get to the third goal, should require a total of 7 tasks, but, because someone else got involved before the second goal was completed, the next requirement will now be 10 tasks, not 7.
    What happens beyond that point is impossible to predict, because it all depends on how many people take tasks when.

So, for anyone looking to escape the crazy task requirements for Interseasonal Regatta goals: make a new co-op once ISR starts, and invite your co-op members to join. (Remember there will need to be a town left in your normal co-op so it doesn’t disband, and to invite people back unless your normal co-op is set to “open”).
    Whilst waiting for people to join, you can be dumping chests without easy tasks to hopefully refresh with some quicker tasks.
    Once everyone has joined (could take a while depending on your co-ops time zones), ONE person can do the first 11 tasks. If this person is well prepped, they can do all 11 in around 2 minutes. Or you could agree in advance to take a while to do this, and this person could take tasks like 56 milk, or 11 rice puffs, or whatever.
    Once this person has completed all 11 tasks, then the rest of the co-op can take tasks to get the final goal (remember there should only be a total of SIX tasks needed to complete. Who does these tasks depends purely on who’s around at the time.
    Once the final goal has been reached, you can choose to stay there and work on personal chests (remember that co-op goals are rewarded instantly, but personal goals are not collected until the end of the week, so you need to be in that co-op to collect them), or you can go back to your home co-op and do personal chests there.

Handy hint: when you join the co-op, check your rewards. If you don’t like your rewards, leave the co-op and rejoin (ask someone to invite you so you can bypass the time penalty for leaving the co-op). Your rewards will change. You can leave and rejoin at any point to change your rewards until that goal has been completed.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Love that line and love the great answer(s). Thank you everybody, the options are much clearer now. This thread would make it a lot easier to explain to other co-op members what is involved in IS.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Interseasonal co-op goals are made up of:
    How old the co-op is.
    How established the co-op is (is it a wood league or gold league or whatever).
    How many people have been in the co-op over the last few weeks.
    How many people have moved in and out of the co-op over the last few weeks.
    Just out of interest I'd like to ask if there is anyone on here who races in a solo co-op (or a stable small co-op - by stable I mean they've had the same number of racers in the previous regatta as they have in interseasonal) who doesn't hop, and what their co-op goals are?

The reason I'm asking is because I used to hop a lot, but these days I prefer hosting, and if I was racing solo the week before I always host the first time in my existing co-op. This could be a co-op I've had for the whole season and in gold league, but the goals are always 2,4,7,11,17. So I'm not sure if the first two reasons Playrix gave are all that accurate, whereas the number of players leaving and joining definitely have something to do with it.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to reply