Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Gift Swap!

Me parece muy injusto que este usando hack para conseguir regalos. Soporte debería vigilar eso

I don't understand how this works. The gifting interface only lets us choose from friends/ coop and there is no box for entering a player code. So, I guess if I want to exchange otters with a poster here, I first need to friend the player? So, that also means there is no point in posting here if your friend list is already full?

Also, say I sent the gift and the player doesn't open the game until hours later, then might not others also send the item before the player has a chance to come here to edit the post to show Completed? So if we post a swap request, we could end up receiving (and having to buy) the item multiple times?

This is all so dumb. Wouldn't it be simpler if the gift items and seasonal decor items were all available in both places? Imo the little balloons would be a great gift.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-08-2020 at 06:14 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by salmo View Post
    Both of my games have got free 1/2 underneath the bear in love gift.
    I've just noticed that my second town has free bears as well, but my big town doesn't. Wonder if it's because my big town sent the bears last year, and mini town didn't?? Maybe free bears are a once in a (game) lifetime thing

I sent bears last year and also have 2 free ones this year (iOS). Someone in coop chat said we got 5 free bears last year (our first) so apparently I sent 3 and have these 2 left. That would explain why people are seeing different numbers.

I am still pondering the wisdom of this whole event.

First of all, imo, the pink chat announcements of who is receiving gifts are a completely bad idea. This is the kind of thoughtlessness that led schools to insist that if anyone brings valentines, they need to bring one for every child in their class.

I've cracked open a new piggy bank for this event, but now that I have, I'm not sure what to do next. The choices are a minefield of social faux pas.

When someone sends me a gift, what are my options?

i can say thank you and
    - not send a gift and look cheap/ poor
    - send them back the same gift they just sent me and look safe
    - send them back a gift that cost less than the one they sent and look cheap
    - send them back a gift that cost more than the one they sent and look like I'm trying to one up them.

I guess the best strategy would have been wake up early and gift first, but then there is the issue of making that person feel they need to spend tcash to reciprocate, whether they can afford it or not.

It all seems like a losing proposition, except for Playrix, who are raking in all the tcash.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-08-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Leopard View Post
    I am trying to send a friend who is a Facebook friend a gift. She shows up in my “normal friends list” but when I try to send her a valentine, she doesn’t appear in the list. I am updated and connected in fb. Also, when she send me a gift, I can only receive and not return the gift. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it
    Sorry Cherry, this is of no help at all, but apparently the same thing happened last year (see this thread : https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ne-s-Day-Gifts) I've no idea if anyone ever found a solution, but maybe someone who posted there can tell you if they got a reply from customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Farheen View Post
    Hi! Everyone
    I would like to swap

Dapper drake for dapper drake
    Angelic otter for angelic otter
    Love birds for love birds
    Undying love for undying love
    Just married for just married

My town name: HAPPY TOWN
    Co-op name: Farheen
    My friend code: #FRS84H (Android)
    Level : 125
    Hi Farheen. I just wanted to check that you know Dapper Drake, Angelic Otter and Love Birds are stickers for chat, not decorations? I think a few people will be confused by this

Thank you for posting that. I hadn't realized those were stickers. The otter is wonderfully cute but I had wondered how the trunkless creatures would work as decorations. Maybe next year the otter can be offered as a water decoration. It's my favorite of the animal items.

The postal cow is pretty great too, waving it's valentine card just like the letter carrier lady does at the helicopter.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-08-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Ok ,Thank u JJay. I thought they are decore.

Quote Originally Posted by Farheen View Post
    Ok ,Thank u JJay. I thought they are decore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Thank you for posting that....
    You're both welcome. I also thought they were decorations at first. I don't want anyone to waste their money....

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

First of all, imo, the pink chat announcements of who is receiving gifts are a completely bad idea. This is the kind of thoughtlessness that led schools to insist that if anyone brings valentines, they need to bring one for every child in their class.
    Agree! We don't need to let co-op members know that some people are "special" and get Valentines and others don't. Very bad idea, IMO

I'm glad JJay mentioned the stickers. When I first saw them I thought they were water decor and LOVED the ducks! Then figured out they were the stickers. No idea why anyone would want those. We hate them in our co-op and discourage the use of them.

Also disappointed about having no free gifts to send. Very UN-valentiney of Playrix!

The good thing is there are no decorations to buy that I like! I don't like statues ... prefer decor (like the Valentine park) that I can keep somewhere in my town year round and my favorite is the Peacocks in Love.
    Co-op name: Margaritaville!
    Town name: Jan's Village