Thread: Gold league... very briefly

Gold league... very briefly

I am posting this as a new forum member as not very impressed. I have worked my butt off to get to gold league. On day 1, somehow 3 members managed to get 2160 points and sit in 1st , 2nd and 3rd places. A few more have same points sitting below them. That is 15 tasks at 135 points plus another paid for one to get max points.

However, I do not have anymore 135 tasks so how is this fair? And even if I do somehow get them and get same points I will still only be placed 11th at max points. SO will get demoted to silver league again.

I have looked at their stats and they have all been in gold league for ages.

My questions then are ... How does this help new gold league members stay there? And how is it possible to get 2160 points on day one?

Not a very fair game at all.

Thanks gold league. Nice knowing ya. Will never get placed in top 3.

Hi Crazytown, Welcome to the forum,
    By clearing your board the 135s will appear again.
    It is possible to get the max points on day one, by deleting long time tasks until the shorter ones appear.
    Of course there are some players that “pay to win” and by spending tcash they can often complete the regatta in a few hrs.
    We used to delay our start in order to get players that were not as competitive, however I think that’s changed, maybe another player can verify that.
    I’m not sure what advice to give you except to say delete can be your best friend.

Sadly, yes, the gold league has become super competitive, especially for solo racers. It makes no real sense considering the actual returns, but some people have an enormous compulsion to win.

I cannot claim to be an expert as have never been in a glb coop, but the following 'strategy' has worked well for me so far:
    Spend the first few hours dumping 130+ tasks from the board and also dumping any 135s I don't want, (planes, trains, products that take more than an hour). I start when I have four quick tasks I like on the board. Popping back to the board every half hour to dump while doing tasks chosen.

By delaying start to set up the task board I risk being put in a group where other boats have a head start.

The plus side of racing solo is not having to ask what tasks teammates want before dumping, not having to share the board is quite a luxury. The downside is needing to be quite quick to stay up, and the automatic demotion if needing a week off. I much prefer racing in a team.

As said in opening sentence, I am no expert, but hope the answer helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTown20 View Post

However, I do not have anymore 135 tasks so how is this fair? And even if I do somehow get them and get same points I will still only be placed 11th at max points. SO will get demoted to silver league again
    Hi CrazyTown. Welcome to the forum. As Cuddz said above, in order to get more 135 point tasks you have to dump/delete all the low point tasks. As a solo racer this won't affect your race results at all. You dump them by using the blue bin/trash can symbol which appears when you click on a task (never do this on a red bin/trash can symbol on a task you have already started, because then you would lose the points, only blue bin on a task you haven't yet taken).

I usually race solo and can finish all my tasks in 1-2 days without spending T-cash (except for the extra task). I normally dump 2-300 tasks per race depending on what the seasonal tasks are.

It also helps to prepare for the race - save mining tools and clovers, have 9 heli orders ready to go, and 8 zoo orders ready to fill. Also, if you can, fill your factory shelves with items which regularly appear as tasks.

Good luck!

ETA: plus everything that JayS said above
    Last edited by JJay; 02-07-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    We used to delay our start in order to get players that were not as competitive, however I think that’s changed, maybe another player can verify that.
    Hi everyone,
    this is my first post here, though I already read a lot and played for more then two years.
    We have a discussion in our coop about delayed start and its advantage. Could someone confirm they changed it?
    I don't want to stress other members by reducing the time when there is no advantage.
    Thanks in advance!

We tried delaying and did not think it made any difference. As JayS said, what it does mostly is put you behind from the start.

I used to think we sometimes got put in a slightly less competitive group if we placed fairly low the week before, but that could have been just coincidence.

It shows on the info page ,co-leaders, elders and the leader the golden leagues there is a point penelty for discarding/dumping tasks in a regetta, can someone explain the points lost and the whole algorithm on how scores are determined in a seasonal regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Calicats View Post
    It shows on the info page ,co-leaders, elders and the leader the golden leagues there is a point penelty for discarding/dumping tasks in a regetta, can someone explain the points lost and the whole algorithm on how scores are determined in a seasonal regrets
    You cn read this DISCUSSION to learn about dumping tasks.