Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pork / Pig filter

Pork / Pig filter

My IGN is Swallow falls, lvl 60. Have already collected 5k+ clovers in first 52 days of installing the game.

I have not built pig farms and donot supply or produce pork based items.

My request to developers is to put a pig/pork filter button in settings. It will save market crate space for me. Presently have 50 crates in market. Additionally, it will also filter pork items from house of luck. My single help count in a regatta week is in excess of 1300. So not producing pork items or buying from dealer isnt a handicap.

This week I have helped close to 500 times. That's nearly a 100 count more than the other teammate who is a co-leader. I'm a member of co-op regatta driven winners.

I'm a non vegetarian. But dont consume pork. Please consider my request.

Or alternatively add a bin to barn where I can thrash pork based items that I get from house of luck.
    Last edited by Swallow Falls; 02-03-2020 at 12:01 PM.

You get that the pork isn't real though, yeah? And neither is the money you get for selling it from the barn.

Failing to see the problem here..

Leviticus chapter of bible prohibits pork

Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Falls View Post
    Even pretend digital no-actual-pigs-were-harmed pork? Harsh

I don't think the idea of the software trying to filter out the pigs is remotely practical. Like the other animal products, the pig bacon becomes ingredients for several other products, so there would be too many ripple effects throughout the game.

If you can't even get past looking at cartoon images, then maybe you can find another game without animals.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-03-2020 at 05:09 PM.

​Lol, sorry Swallow Falls, but that's ridiculous. This a GAME!! Your point, which although I respect, begs the question: What about vegans, lactose, peanut intolerant, or diabetics? Maybe just enjoy the game for what it is? There are quite a few tasks you will end up finding difficult or needing help for without those cute piggies...enjoy your choice.

I can see the issue here, but from a practical perspective this would put a much larger burden on the developers than is apparent at first glance. To be fair and consistent, one would need to enable options to switch on/off just about any of the game items. Vegetarians/vegans, diabetics disturbed by sugary items, people opposed to flashy jewelry/materialism, people with allergies or prohibitions from eating shellfish, peanut allergy sufferers, etc.

To be honest I've been surprised it hasn't come up more often, but given that the game is already developed I don't see a good option here. If you substitute other items it's hard to think which substitutes would be all that plausible (granted, the logic of some of the production trees are a bit of a stretch even now ;-) and you can't just turn off things without having a larger impact downstream in the production trees.

I don't know how far you are into the game but when you open Fisherman's Island and the Otter Pond you'll want to amend your request to include Lobster, Shrimp, and Scallops for although they swim in the sea they have neither fins nor scales.

Rofl...this could get silly

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I don't know how far you are into the game but when you open Fisherman's Island and the Otter Pond you'll want to amend your request to include Lobster, Shrimp, and Scallops for although they swim in the sea they have neither fins nor scales.
    Don't mean to split hooves here, but in this case, some animal cards/enclosures should also be filtered out from the game..
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES