Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

I'm not necessarily unhappy with anything this time around. However, on a personal note, I do not want train supplies as prizes from an event. It's one thing when they're an extra drop. It's something else when they are THE prize. Thats not satisfying, especially when the train brings things and they're very often too many of what you don't need. I don't enjoy selling the prize I just earned in an event. This was my biggest gripe about the last event. I sold more than half the stuff I got on those spins.

Having said that, I just built a community building, expanded my barn and opened a piece of land, so at this particular moment I can actually use every single supply that I get. Glad this event came this week rather than last week.
    Last edited by Zealous; 03-06-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Kind of useless the ultra accelerator, just moves the train graphic faster. I was happy with the original graphic speed. I thought there would be a time reduction of the train return. Not expecting much maybe 1-2% . But no, it is in my opinion a worthless reward.

I think it is analogous to the extra animation of the helicopter skin turbo upgrade. So far no TS skin does anything useful. They are just for fun.

Personally, I like the rewards less this time overall, but I agree that it's a good idea to change them up from one time to the next.

What disappoints me most, I think, is all the animal card rewards. By now, there are an awful lot of players who already have all these cards, so every card won is a duplicate. My prize is a bunch of duplicate cards floating off into a green box. Thanks bunches. From there, they get summed with duplicate cards another prize, then the green box gets opened to reveal maybe 3 ingots. (That's what Ive gotten before from the duplicate box.) That's not much reward to replace what was supposed to be two prizes.

What makes it so annoying is that they are fully aware there are payers who can't use more cards, and in the mini events they have built in alternate rewards. If they can take the trouble to do that for dopey mini games like knife throwing, then surely they should have built in alternate rewards for a major event of this size, especially since some of these are purchased with real money.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-07-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I think it is analogous to the extra animation of the helicopter skin turbo upgrade. So far no TS skin does anything useful. They are just for fun.

Personally, I like the rewards less this time overall, but I agree that it's a good idea to change them up from one time to the next.

What disappoints me most, I think, is all the animal card rewards. By now, there are an awful lot of players who already have all these cards, so every card won is a duplicate. My prize is a bunch of duplicate cards floating off into a green box. Thanks bunches. From there, they get summed with duplicate cards another prize, then the green box gets opened to reveal maybe 3 ingots. (That's what Ive gotten before from the duplicate box.) That's not much reward to replace what was supposed to be two prizes. .
    I appreciate what you're sayjng, and I feel exactly the same, as a lower level p!ayer, when I get supplies as prizes, because I pretty much always have to turn around and sell them (they're never the 1 item I need and the train dumps way too much of what I don't need already).

My only hope in reading this comment is that no one reads it and thinks, hey people are sick of the animal cards. Lets get rid of them for a bit. I will tell you that it's incredibly hard to make any headway on the zoo without those cards. And I've read you say many times that one should not spend too much time on the zoo, since it's the least bang for the buck. But I'm wondering if you, and maybe other veteran players forget, because it's been a while for you, that all the good trees in the entire game are locked behind those animals. So then, no decorating with trees (the main game trees get boring real quick) for the low players without those cards to unlock zoo animals.

It's the developer's fault for setting it up that way. But I will stop playing if it becomes impossible to get zoo animals without working the zoo.

Oh wait, I just reread your comment and see that you were talking about those specific packages. Yes, I agree that they aren't as great. I don't have many animals yet. But when I get those packs many are duplicates. I noticed there were a lot of regular packs too this time.

The software can tell who still needs cards and who doesn't. In the mini-game rewards, those who don't need cards are offered a different prize in place of the card pack. It seems a fine solution to me. Those who need cards still get them and those who don't need any cards get something else. I don't understand why they don't do that for the lab event as well.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-07-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

What disappoints me most, I think, is all the animal card rewards. By now, there are an awful lot of players who already have all these cards, so every card won is a duplicate. My prize is a bunch of duplicate cards floating off into a green box. Thanks bunches. From there, they get summed with duplicate cards another prize, then the green box gets opened to reveal maybe 3 ingots. (That's what Ive gotten before from the duplicate box.) That's not much reward to replace what was supposed to be two prizes.

What makes it so annoying is that they are fully aware there are payers who can't use more cards, and in the mini events they have built in alternate rewards. If they can take the trouble to do that for dopey mini games like knife throwing, then surely they should have built in alternate rewards for a major event of this size, especially since some of these are purchased with real money.
    Agree! One card pack was duplicate animal cards (I have all my animals) and the 2nd card pack was building materials. I think Playrix can do better than that.

And the +1 on the trains (one double train cart per train) always gives me a double bldg. material (bricks, etc.) and so far no double on the barn upgrade materials. LOL

I'm not as happy with this Professor event as I was the last one, but admit to enjoying the new trains and train depot.

Having said all of that, it is nice to have something to do. I really, really dislike the Regatta. So very bored with it so this gives me something else to do and the Barn Upgrade & train skins should make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by JustJan; 03-07-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    And the +1 on the trains (one double train cart per train) always gives me a double bldg. material (bricks, etc.) and so far no double on the barn upgrade materials. LOL
    I've received double Hammers and double Mining Tools so far but mostly building materials. But I guess it is going to apply the double to all the things the train can return, you've just been "lucky" so far

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post

I'm not as happy with this Professor event as I was the last one, but admit to enjoying the new trains and train depot.

Having said all of that, it is nice to have something to do. I really, really dislike the Regatta. So very bored with it so this gives me something else to do and the Barn Upgrade & train skins should make it worthwhile.
    I think a lot of the extra fun of the previous lab event was just that it was the first one. We went in with no expectations, so by definition, no disappointments about anything. It was all plusses, some rewards better than others, but still.

Overall, I am enjoying the event again this time and think it adds a lot to game play. Ok, I do miss the double copter coins and have no use for double bricks, but all the boosters and free expansions are still oretty great.

Ok, this is embarrassing. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of coupons for loading goods like it is with clovers? The professor just keeps handing them out and I forget to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahtah View Post
    Ok, this is embarrassing. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of coupons for loading goods like it is with clovers? The professor just keeps handing them out and I forget to use them.
    I doubt there is. I have over 100 atm and I saw more.