Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny White View Post
    There are already new train skins to be used. Just look in the upper left hand corner of the train button and you'll see the < - > This is where you can already change the skins of your train.
    Oh cool! I didn't see that before. I have to admit the new ones look even cooler though, like sleek high speed modern trains.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

I don't see those in my game. I see the skins feature added, but only the three current train looks. The fourth block says Coming in next Updates.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

[QUOTE=just_a_minute;1640763]Last round, I found normal game play was enough to earn all the rewards for active players even if you don't do all of the tasks. So I'm more interested in how to make the most of the perks during the event!

If I do buy the Gold Pass, my strategy is pretty simple:

- Wait to upgrade the barn from now until that task pops up. Then use the free barn upgrade as soon as possible when your tools are depleted.
    -

I found it most useful to wait until the event was ending to use the permanent barn upgrade, to help with the transition back to the actual barn size. We get so many of those temporary barn increases for the duration of the event, we can live without the upgrade increase until it ends and the temporary increases go away.

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    Why?

I always felt like I got ads because I watch ads. IDK, they make money only if I watch them, right?
    Not near as much as they make from people buying tcash.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I found it most useful to wait until the event was ending to use the permanent barn upgrade, to help with the transition back to the actual barn size. We get so many of those temporary barn increases for the duration of the event, we can live without the upgrade increase until it ends and the temporary increases go away.
    Yes, it helps a little to ease the transition. However, last time the temporary barn perks added over 1000 slots for me, which I somehow nearly filled up. The barn upgrade only added 75 slots so it was still a bit painful to get back under the limit

Ads Post-Professor

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Imo, Playrix is nuts to have ever given anyone that many ads. Others in that position did report losing the ads after buying the pass, tho others who did not buy the gold pass also saw their ads cut back.
    Prior to the last Professor's event, I was offered 5 ads to watch every hour and had been offered that every single day for as long as I could remember. I bought the pass and ALL ADS immediately ceased and didn't re-appear for about a month. Now, I'm back to 5 ads every hour, every day. So I'm hesitant to get the pass this time around.
    Township: Serenity Falls
    Town Code: 2ALMEV
    Township Level: 135
    Co-Op: Puffin Party
    Co-Op Tag: #PUFZZV

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    .... I have to admit the new ones look even cooler though, like sleek high speed modern trains. ...
    I don't see these new skins either, just what I posted here, in (2nd part of) this post.
    Are these pics from beta, or -?

Not that I'll be surprised if they look like these... the first looks like some animal being rushed somewhere and looking scared, lol.

I`m also counting days to start event. Love new look of the trains. But also try to lower my expectations to avoid disappointment if Playrix will add some "improvement" to the event. I hope it will remain exactly as it is.
    Town level: 130, all lands, buildings
    Zoo level: all animals
    Platform: android
    Fishdom: level 1010
    Playing since 2016

I wasn’t getting many ads in the helicopter, now I have them constantly. I bought the gold pass last time and will do so again. I use the market man constantly renewing every time (think of it as paying for my entertainment and getting something helpful for it). Not sure if you can figure out from that why I get so many ads now. As an aside, I finished ALL the tasks from the last prof Verne and nothing spectacular happened. I’m not compulsive, I know I’m not! (My mother had me tested! Sheldon Cooper The Big Bang Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Yes, it helps a little to ease the transition. However, last time the temporary barn perks added over 1000 slots for me, which I somehow nearly filled up. The barn upgrade only added 75 slots so it was still a bit painful to get back under the limit
    I started building a Community building late in the event and held off finishing it until the last day of the event. Between offloading all the cb materials and the barn upgrade, it lowered my inventory enough to get below the real barn limit once the event ended. I guess zoo enclosure could be used the same way. There's also the option of using one if the temporary barn increase coupons to buy a couple extra days to reduce inventory if we need.
    Play on iOS iPad