Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

that ingot one was nicely timed for me as I was already making them. I have been making the practice of hiring Raji for buying ore, so I wait for a sale and do that when one comes up.

The neighbor visiting one I'm a little nervous about because I have a friends list of people who either don't ask for things at all or only ask for huge orders from the zoo. Right now there are a bunch of people posting requests so I'm trying to take advantage of the surplus and help as many as I can while there's a lot of requests, since I feel sure it will slow down. Hopefully I'll get it done before the event's over.

The one that annoys me the most is the zoo one for 25 points. It's pretty unreasoanble, in my opinion, to expect me to dump that many resources into my zoo, considering you have to complete the entire order for it to count. I guess I'm glad it's only 25 since I won't be as hurt if I skip it.

In general, I'm enjoying this event. The rewards aren't super exciting. But I do like making progress in my town and I've made a lot of progress since the event started. The rewards aren't exciting, but they have been really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    The one that annoys me the most is the zoo one for 25 points. It's pretty unreasoanble, in my opinion, to expect me to dump that many resources into my zoo, considering you have to complete the entire order for it to count. I guess I'm glad it's only 25 since I won't be as hurt if I skip it.
    Just FYI, you don't have to complete both halves of the order yourself, you can ask for help like you normally would and the completed order still counts. The description is poorly worded and it does make it seem that you have to fill both baskets without any outside help but that is not the case.

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yes. It seems the results of this perk were so bad for Playrix - cos so good/well for us players - that they promptly took it out.
    We were right with our fears of their changes of this event.

I have used my ore up for a while already. sigh.
    Had I known of the changes I wouldn’t have bought the pass this time. Next experiment they need to add it back. It would be nice if they swapped perks around for different experiment runs. So the next event should have the market perk back ;(

I also want to chime in on the 25 point 'Fill Zoo Basket' task. I don't have a zoo. Never did it. The game knows this because the rewards for card decks are replaced with a bit of t-cash. So it knows I have no zoo yet I now have a zoo task I can never complete. Frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Just FYI, you don't have to complete both halves of the order yourself, you can ask for help like you normally would and the completed order still counts. The description is poorly worded and it does make it seem that you have to fill both baskets without any outside help but that is not the case.
    Thanks. I actually did think of this, but I feel guilty requesting help for huge orders at the zoo, and all the orders are huge. I like to balance my help requests so some are easy and some help me out more (I'm always appreciative when someone fills my plum jam car since I probably don't have any plums, or I'd have the jam) I'll have to think on it as I really dislike everything about the way the zoo works, so I don't even like to mess with it. I'm thinking I can probably skip that one since I seem to be keeping on top of the rest of the tasks. Last time I skipped several, including at least 1 100 point one and still completed it. This time I haven't skipped any yet so I feel like I have room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
    I also want to chime in on the 25 point 'Fill Zoo Basket' task. I don't have a zoo. Never did it. The game knows this because the rewards for card decks are replaced with a bit of t-cash. So it knows I have no zoo yet I now have a zoo task I can never complete. Frustrating...
    Well, the good news is that last time there were more points available during the experiments to get all the rewards than were needed. There's no reason to believe that it won't be the same this time as well. So you can still get all the stuff even if you don't do the 25 point zoo task.
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-13-2020 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Zoo task is 25 points, not 100 as I originally thought

Given that it's a task for everyone in the world, I can't imagine that requests for help will go unfulfilled for very long. At least not in the first few days. Once the initial rush is over and lots of people have their 100 helps things should return to "normal" (whatever that is )

For me it's the 15 "Gold Balloons". I refuse to spend 3T to open one so it'll take 15 days of opening just the free one, once per day. Thankfully there's 22 days to do it
    The thing is I am not getting the people to help and so far I've only been able to give help 13 times. Last time they had this was the same way. I never got more than 3 or 4 people showing up needing help which was way lower than my normal amount. After the last event was over, the number of players that showed up on the tab jumped up exponentially.

I know it will get done but like I said in my original post, it will take me a long time to do.

But I am going to hoard my HOL clovers "just in case" there is a task using them like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    The thing is I am not getting the people to help and so far I've only been able to give help 13 times. Last time they had this was the same way. I never got more than 3 or 4 people showing up needing help which was way lower than my normal amount.
    Of course the size and activity of your co-op also makes a difference as you'd have more requests to fill as you'll see them in the chat rather than wait for them to show up on the "people -> !" tab. So if you're co-op is small or they don't tend to ask for help on everything it will take you a while.

Of course the size and activity of your co-op also makes a difference as you'd have more requests to fill as you'll see them in the chat rather than wait for them to show up on the "people -> !" tab. So if you're co-op is small or they don't tend to ask for help on everything it will take you a while.
    Not in a coop. Never built it.

Also, never been interested in it.

That's just the way I play my game. But it is the pits that the algorithms for the number of people that show up in the people tab goes down when this event is on. IMO something like that should not change just because of an event.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    ...But it is the pits that the algorithms for the number of people that show up in the people tab goes down when this event is on. IMO something like that should not change just because of an event.
    I doubt it is the program that changed - I think it is the players. They are way more attentive when something like this event task is on (or when they have a regatta task for plane crates, f.e.). I see less requests also, but I also came very often to the tab just to see how the thing was filled, cos the other was simply faster than I. It's not the same view as if the system didn't update yet (which sometimes happens, when I didn't look there for a while)
    I also think that many Coops communicate more for this task, and give "forewarning" etc. All the more those who are used to this kind of mutual help and consideration.