Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

The last time we had this event, it was fun, exciting and interesting. This time, the devs decided to choke us off in the first round by forcing us to dig up enough ore to make a whopping 35 ingots, right out the gate. Since it takes five nuggets for each ingot, that's 175 bloody nuggets you have to dig for, using up ALL your mining materials. I had HUNDREDS of each tool in stock, too. They don't bother to replenish them at a decent rate. It's a lot like having 30 products on the menu that ALL require limes, but you can't get a lime in this game to save your life. I say it all the time... a game is meant to be FUN. It shouldn't feel like a second flipping JOB, and it shouldn't cost the players a fortune to participate. SMH. If you want to create an event with multiple layers, fine... But make the needed tools accessible for us, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GOUGED ME $5 FOR THE PRIVILEGED ACCESS THAT THE "GOLD PASS" items. 35 ingots, my aching backside. It's a deterrent, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    The last time we had this event, it was fun, exciting and interesting. This time, the devs decided to choke us off in the first round by forcing us to dig up enough ore to make a whopping 35 ingots, right out the gate. Since it takes five nuggets for each ingot, that's 175 bloody nuggets you have to dig for, using up ALL your mining materials. I had HUNDREDS of each tool in stock, too. They don't bother to replenish them at a decent rate. It's a lot like having 30 products on the menu that ALL require limes, but you can't get a lime in this game to save your life. I say it all the time... a game is meant to be FUN. It shouldn't feel like a second flipping JOB, and it shouldn't cost the players a fortune to participate. SMH. If you want to create an event with multiple layers, fine... But make the needed tools accessible for us, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GOUGED ME $5 FOR THE PRIVILEGED ACCESS THAT THE "GOLD PASS" items. 35 ingots, my aching backside. It's a deterrent, and nothing more.
    I hear you re limes-am always running out of them, lobster too.
    Regarding 'bloody' nuggets, did you miss the ore in the mine and hit your toe instead?
    I buy most of my ore from Raja as my trains are very miserly with tools.
    Personally liked the ingots task-am still upgrading factories.

The last time we had this event, it was fun, exciting and interesting. This time, the devs decided to choke us off in the first round by forcing us to dig up enough ore to make a whopping 35 ingots, right out the gate. Since it takes five nuggets for each ingot, that's 175 bloody nuggets you have to dig for, using up ALL your mining materials.
    You didn't really need to smelt 35 ingots in week one. We have until the end of the event to finish the Ongoing tasks. We have been getting a lot of mining related tasks in the daily tasks. So far, I've already gotten use 5 dynamite, use 10 picks, and use 3 tnt. Maybe their idea was we would accumulate enough ore from all of those tasks to do the smelting.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-12-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Well after almost 3 years of playing without ever spending real money, I bought the Gold Pass. And promptly lost the video man. It's been several hours and he is really gone. But at least I get to play with a big barn for a few weeks and I will get the barn expansion. I guess that is what persuaded me to go for gold in the end.

As for the mining tasks being resource greedy... I haven't done a single one. And I don't plan to. You can easily do all the other tasks and still get all the rewards! I'm saving all my mining tools for the next Ore Galore. Hoping it pops up on the horizon soon!

Well, for me, the new ongoing task to "help 100 players" is going to take til the end of the event.

My first check to see who I can help had 1 individual... Ernie. I had nothing he needed and the items he needed were longer production times in factories I have going for items I need.
    My second check to see who I can help had 3 individuals... Ernie and 2 friends. I was able to help 1 of the friends.
    My third check to see who I can help had 6 individuals... Ernie and 5 friends. I was able to help 4 times.

So it appears that as it did the last time, I will not be getting the people to help that I normally do. I normally have over 10 individuals to help whenever I check no matter what time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
    Well, for me, the new ongoing task to "help 100 players" is going to take til the end of the event.
    Given that it's a task for everyone in the world, I can't imagine that requests for help will go unfulfilled for very long. At least not in the first few days. Once the initial rush is over and lots of people have their 100 helps things should return to "normal" (whatever that is )

For me it's the 15 "Gold Balloons". I refuse to spend 3T to open one so it'll take 15 days of opening just the free one, once per day. Thankfully there's 22 days to do it

So I started this at about 7am CST in the US. I've help 23 people. My wife has helped 22. I have had 5 people almost every time I've checked not sure on hers.

Really don't like the Golden Ballons but it's been decided if we pop 1 extra each day we should make it

For me it's the 15 "Gold Balloons". I refuse to spend 3T to open one so it'll take 15 days of opening just the free one, once per day. Thankfully there's 22 days to do it
    Just noticed this if that is true then that takes care of the balloon popping!
    Last edited by gggillis; 03-12-2020 at 05:26 PM.

No,...I didn't hit my toe... I realize you were joking, but I have never seen ore for sale in the market. Are you referring to the picks, dynamite and explosives? I had to burn through my stash to get the required number of nuggets (ore). I think it's BEE ESS that they force you to use all your supplies and don't replenish.

Thruve
    No,...I didn't hit my toe... I realize you were joking, but I have never seen ore for sale in the market. Are you referring to the picks, dynamite and explosives? I had to burn through my stash to get the required number of nuggets (ore). I think it's BEE ESS that they force you to use all your supplies and don't replenish.
    He’s referring to buying raja or using the dealer coupons to buy ore. Personally, the bar task was the easiest for me since I still have thousands of each ore type from the previous event. It sucks that this event doesn’t have the β€˜generous market’ perk though.. It was the only thing, along with 2x coins from helicopters, that I was hoping for ;( meh.. events still somewhat contributing to my town but not like the last event lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    ... I still have thousands of each ore type from the previous event. It sucks that this event doesn’t have the β€˜generous market’ perk though..
    Yes. It seems the results of this perk were so bad for Playrix - cos so good/well for us players - that they promptly took it out.
    We were right with our fears of their changes of this event.

I have used my ore up for a while already. sigh.