Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    Well I already miss the possibility of "double dealer" scores. Last time I really used that with raj to stock up on mining supplies. The double train score is so far completely underwhelming. One of my trains actually brought me three single pieces of glass ... In total for the train. WTHeck? Nothing on my other trains have been doubled so far. Sure hope that improves and quickly!
    Me too! Very disappointed that we won't have the "double dealer" perk. Already LOVE the train skins. LOL I haven't done enough yet to get anything but the skins and coins.
    Co-op name: Margaritaville!
    Town name: Jan's Village

The double train score is so far completely underwhelming. One of my trains actually brought me three single pieces of glass ... In total for the train. WTHeck? Nothing on my other trains have been doubled so far. Sure hope that improves and quickly!
    Have you already earned 220 points and activated the double train perk? I don't think it will start until this happens (apologies if you have and I misunderstood you) =)
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Having fun building my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    Have you already earned 220 points and activated the double train perk? I don't think it will start until this happens (apologies if you have and I misunderstood you) =)
    No you are right. I thought I had earned one but haven't yet. My second set of trains have come in and they were horrible too -- waaay fewer goods than normal. I would need them to double once just to be the way they were before this event started. So if Playrix is backing everything down so we buy the gold pass to "double up" then that would not be cool.

I still want the double dealer option back! I don't know why Playrix's "improvements" always make things worse.

On a positive note the train skins are cool.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

I still want the double dealer option back! I don't know why Playrix's "improvements" always make things worse.

On a positive note the train skins are cool.
    I'm with you on that one, I was all ready to stock up on ore to pump out ingots and upgrade my factories, they probably saw everyone was happy with it and took it away lol. Hopefully I can get some expansion tools, I've built all my CBs and zoo enclosures, just still hacking through the land expansions, so I'm fully expecting piles of bricks slabs and glass that I don't need. On the bright side I'm really liking the train skins too =D

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Eaton View Post
    How can you be sure it’s worked please, I’ve had the same problem. It’s showing I’ve purchased it in the chat box.
    I don't think there is a visual indicator except that the graphic for buying the pass should be gone now. You will know for sure when you reach the first goal and collect both the item on top as well as below the progress bar. If you tap on the All Rewards button on the event screen, the gold pass rewards and perks have a gold border. Check the received tab to see if you have any there. If you've passed the first reward, you should see the fancy modern train skin there.

I didn't have any trouble with the Apple App Store or Playrix when I bought mine.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-06-2020 at 02:52 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    I'm with you on that one, I was all ready to stock up on ore to pump out ingots and upgrade my factories, they probably saw everyone was happy with it and took it away lol. Hopefully I can get some expansion tools, I've built all my CBs and zoo enclosures, just still hacking through the land expansions, so I'm fully expecting piles of bricks slabs and glass that I don't need. On the bright side I'm really liking the train skins too =D
    On one hand, there were some useful things in the first go around on the experiments, like the UFO skin. I'm sure some people are disappointed that it's not available this time. Similarly the "double dealer quantity" perk.

On the other hand, people have complained over and over that their trains don't bring enough {hammers | saws | slabs | etc.} so an increase in what the trains bring back may very well be a welcome addition to those folks.

On the Gripping Hand, mixing things up keeps the experiments from becoming yet another boring / repetitive event.

extra credit for citing the obscure reference

I think I may have a Mote in my Eye... maybe a God sized Mote?
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    I think I may have a Mote in my Eye... maybe a God sized Mote?
    Give that man a "Crazy Eddie" statue for his town.

That duo has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I got hooked on Falkenberg's Mercenary Legion.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

I was always a fan of Niven. Several of their collaborations were very good, I particularly liked Inferno