Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Prof. Verne is coming back! 😍

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Ok, guess thats just my terminology for them, then. I know the picture of the HOL comes up when you tap the mailbox, but because it says GO NOW under it, I apparently interpreted those clovers to be in the mailbox and I "take" them to the HOL, then refill the box from the ones stored in the Town Hall. Either way, you wouldnt need to hurry to spend them once you got to 50 because you can save 100 more beyond that, so you wouldnt lose any until you got to 150, right?
    Not exactly, see this post. Letters and Clovers are two separate things and you can certainly lose clovers even if you have less than 100 letters.

In my experiance you do not have to play at HOL until you have 100 letters AND 50 clovers. You play your 50 clovers and then go back to town hall & concert 50 MORE letters into clovers. This will leave 50 letter slots vacant which can then be filled with NEW letters waiting to be converted

🙄 "conVERT" not "conCERT".

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    In my experiance you do not have to play at HOL until you have 100 letters AND 50 clovers. You play your 50 clovers and then go back to town hall & concert 50 MORE letters into clovers. This will leave 50 letter slots vacant which can then be filled with NEW letters waiting to be converted
    As I explained in the post I linked to previously, that is not exactly right. Try this experiment. Play once in the HOL. Go to the town hall and hit "Collect" to refill your 50 clovers. You will now have less than 100 letters. Now have one of your co-op mates request some product in the chat and you fill it. If you get a clover (not guaranteed but this is one way to get clovers other than via letters) that clover will be lost. You will get a message that "drifts upwards" on your main screen that says "no room for the clover".

Similarly, every midnight Ernie pops up a window congratulating you for making it to another day and gives you a reward. Sometimes that reward is a clover (I've gotten 3 at once from Ernie). If adding that clover (or 3) exceeds 50 you will see the same message and anything over 50 will be lost. Both of these happen regardless of how many letters you have in the town hall.

As I said, Letters and Clovers are two separate things have have their own rules for how you get them and how many of each you can have.

This is interesting. I didn't understand this correctly, as I thought you would lose the letter and consequently the clover if it went over 50. Good to know. Wish I'd known before I used mine thinking I would lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Hi, the Town Hall will hold 100 clovers after you hit 50 in the mailbox.
    What does this mean? I didn't think the town hall held clovers. Are you saying I could have collected to 100 and then also left 50 more letters in the mailbox?

ok, never mind. I think I get it after reading the linked thread in the above post. Thanks for making me aware. Most appreciated.
    Last edited by Zealous; 03-26-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    ... I thought you would lose the letter and consequently the clover if it went over 50. Good to know. Wish I'd known before I used mine thinking I would lose them.
    just to be sure: the 50 refers to the HOL, and that can become too full.
    To the Town Hall belongs the "100" + it will give its surplus to the HOL (converting letters to clovers), once it has 100 letters.
    But the HOL will simply loose clovers when going over 50. So playing the HOL around 45 clovers THERE is good.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    just to be sure: the 50 refers to the HOL, and that can become too full.
    To the Town Hall belongs the "100" + it will give its surplus to the HOL (converting letters to clovers), once it has 100 letters.
    But the HOL will simply loose clovers when going over 50. So playing the HOL around 45 clovers THERE is good.
    thank you. I read up on it after seeing this discussion to make sure I had it straight. I didn't understand it correctly earlier so I collected my letters at 50 so I wouldn't lose them, and then, of course, played some of them to try and complete the 25 point task, and then didn't have enough to do the daily one that said play 3 times (I visited enough people, which was a challenge, but didn't get letters back in time to complete the task). Very irritating. But it's all good now, and now I've learned something so that's good too.

Glad I said something, I see I didnt understand this either! Wow. Thanks, DD!
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 97, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 39, Flower Power #FY8SG4

The Futless Rule: You may not want to but you must.

It seems strange that the Professor Vernon prize line maxed out at 1300 points.

I got that a day or 2 after the third round of the Ongoing tasks became a available.

I am at almost 1600, with 6 days of 30 Daily points and 225 Ongoing points left to get.

But, if the game does not add on to the prize line, what is the point of continuing with Professor Vernon after you reach the max prize.