Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: !! SPOILER ALERT Beta Peeks (Jan '20) SPOILER ALERT!!

!! SPOILER ALERT Beta Peeks (Jan '20) SPOILER ALERT!!

For people who don't do Facebook, or who aren't in any Facebook groups regarding the game, this sneak peek of the latest beta testing has been posted in Township Family, Playrix's official FB group. (Obviously it's beta so what's being tested may or may not appear in the next update)

- New farm at level 63 producing mushrooms. Food for this farm is made in the feed mill, the same as for cows, pigs etc.

- 7 new products which include mushrooms made in existing factories

- 2 land expansions in town

- Skins for trains and possibly the station
    Last edited by dreadnought; 01-30-2020 at 09:42 PM. Reason: fixed title

Thanks, JJ

well... at least the skins for trains would be fairly new, ri<g>ht...

Thanks so much for the heads up JJay

As to mushrooms. Aaarg. Mushrooms don't need feeding, especially not with already over-utilised feed mills. They just need dark damp rotting wood. .........maybe the walls of my barn after it exploded........ with a mushroom cloud above it if the new products are in factories with more than 7 products already.

Any idea if we get a fourth feed mill ???

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post

As to mushrooms. Aaarg. Mushrooms don't need feeding, especially not with already over-utilised feed mills. They just need dark damp rotting wood. .........maybe the walls of my barn after it exploded........ with a mushroom cloud above it if the new products are in factories with more than 7 products already.

Lol JayS There's no mention of another feed mill - that was exactly my first thought, it's going to really mess up my feed mills!!!

The factories being tested are apparently Mexican, Italian and Asian restaurants, plus bakery (), grill, snack and jam.

And seemingly these must be quite odd mushrooms because they need feeding lots (though probably not as strange as the pigs who just deliver ready-made bacon )

These must be very special mushrooms that need special fertilizing spray. Kinda grossed out that caramelized mushrooms will be made in the jam factory. Little frustrated that some of our already overworked factories (snack especially) are getting yet another product! But I'm also very excited for something new!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post

Apparently there's a new "feed" called a "Substrate", which I assume in real mushroom farming would be on the bottom of the tray and used to hold the spores that will develop into mushrooms. "Substrate" is made in the regular feed mill (no indicator if there's a 4th one) and is made from corn (2), rice (1), and a tree (1) and takes 15 minutes.

In my early days I worked in what was politely called a "cube farm" (8x8 offices as far as the eye can see). There were the usual posters on the cube walls, a popular one was "I must be a mushroom. They keep me in the dark and feed me bullshirt"

Delicious in butter ! Bring em on .😀

Thank you fir the heads up JJay,
    Not impressed with having yet more products to make and having to use the feed mills that are already filled with animal feed.
    But at only 15mins to make I guess they will go straight to the barn.

Love the idea of the train and hopefully a matching one for the station.
    Land expansions are always welcome, I’m thinking it’s time to do some rearranging in my town, so will wait fir these.

All in all a good update, fingers crossed we get it all.

Just what we needed, more products.

Uh oh! I have a very strict feed mill routine. I use one for cows only, one for chickens only, and the other for sheep/bees/pigs and this has worked out seamlessly for me. I don't want to share, LOL!

I was invited to participate in the beta testing and I opted not too. I didn't want to miss out on the current events coming up, as it wasn't clear whether I would miss out or not.