Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishdom forum

Fishdom forum

Hi guys, yes I know this is the Township forum, but the Fishdom forum is not happening.. what's occurring (or not) with it?
    Tag: G3H65P Levels:- Township: 117 Fishdom: 3000

Hi hbv, Playrix closed all the other forums back in Sept 2019. Only Township is still going on. I believe they created groups on Facebook for players to meet.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi hbv, Playrix closed all the other forums back in Sept 2019. Only Township is still going on. I believe they created groups on Facebook for players to meet.
    Why did they do that?
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Why did they do that?
    That is the question we all had from the moment it was announced.
    Still happy they decided to keep the Township Forum open.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    ... the Fishdom forum is not happening.. what's occurring (or not) with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Why did they do that?
    All three closed forums have a final post by Playrix staff explaining their reasons, and with a link even to the FB groups. Look on the main / overview page. Reading those will answer your questions
    Screenshot_20200130-125139.jpg (tap to enlarge)

A similar msg was posted by Anna for Township at the same time, where she indeed re-assured us the TS forum would stay open... for now... and that they will tell us when they decide otherwise. So, hoping that it stays, yes
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-30-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    All three closed forums have a final post by Playrix staff explaining their reasons, and with a link even to the FB groups. Look on the main / overview page. Reading those will answer your questions
    Can you please provide a link to their explanation. I started at the main Fishdom forum didn't find anything there. All I could find was under News, a post announcing the creation of their fb group, then a sort of "oh by the way we're closing this forum" notice.

No explanation why, no apology, no regrets. No questions answered. They even had the gall to pretend that creating the fb group was "going the extra mile", like that more than makes up for losing the forum. What a load of baloney.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Hi Graylady, DD, Ruud, guys...That's a shame.. seems a strange move when they're encouraging teams etc like TS :/ Surely there will be queries by players not on f/b.
    I'm not on f/b, so I'm hoping they keep this forum running. It's bn such a help/ interesting and entertaining for so many over the years. Plus, I'd miss u guys n the fab content/effort u put in.. fingers crossed they let us continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Can you please provide a link to their explanation. I started at the main Fishdom forum didn't find anything there. All I could find was under News, a post announcing the creation of their fb group, ...
    Mayfield, if you compare what you wrote about the post you found with the post you find when following my screenshot above, you'll probably find - if you're willing to - that it's the same.
    It can hardly be overlooked that they posted and answered the question "Why go on Facebook?" there, from their point of view and how they wanted it to be understood.

What you make of it, is - as always - your interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    ... seems a strange move when they're encouraging teams etc like TS :/ Surely there will be queries by players not on f/b...
    hi hbv,

yep, there are certainly many who are not on FB, myself included. But then again, many ARE.
    We don't know which contracts all these game companies have with FB, that use their servers as saving point, or whichever background there is. At least I personally doubt it was just Playrix' idea, and just because.
    No idea why they kept the TS forum... I do hope also it stays, for the same reasons as you And we have some sweeties here, who post stuff from FB here for us, esp. official things that are now ONLY posted there. Gives us a bit of the feeling of a "secret" underground group, eh

I for one find FB an unreasonable platform to act as both a place for questions / answers and as a repository of information.

I've joined the Township Family FB group and, despite the excellent activity of the moderators, some of which are also active on this forum, I find it full of clutter, repetitive questions, and extremely hard to follow any given conversation / thread.

FB is, in my opinion, not really suited to act as a way to provide thoughtful information but rather short messages and "emojis". Trying to go back later to see what additional information may have been added is very hard as FB decides how to order things that it presents to you. And while you have some measure of selection (relevance, popular, recent), you still need to go back and click on "show additional comments" to see the discussion.

Unlike this forum (or VBulletin's software), with it remembering your last time, easy ways to ask "what's new since I last looked" and seeing all relevant threads and easily navigating to the newest replies, FB feels haphazzard.

And it's not just the Official Family page, I feel this way about FB in general which is why I use to mainly to see the pictures of my grandchildren that are posted from time to time.

I have made a few attempts to post on the FB group and I hope those posts have been useful but I also recognize that they have become buried in the chaff of other replies and any future need for that information will have to be reposted rather that, as happens here, a quick "hot link" to the relevant post as many of you have bookmarked and offered to new members.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Charlie