Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishdom forum

Hi DD, lol, we are not the underground (although I relish the rebel feel ) f/b is the undertone, we are the players. I enjoy the games (fishdom n t/s) n don't mind occasionally paying for the pleasure. I play at home, privately, prefer an old fashioned private life. Why, for that pleasure, should we miss out on information, competitions etc and be coerced into joining f/b, surely i/we have freedom of choice. In my personal opinion, although I'm sure f/b has it's good points, it's the social MI5 n can be the cause/source of unnecessary complications.. just want to play the games!

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi DD, lol, we are not the underground (although I relish the rebel feel ) f/b is the undertone, we are the players.
    well, Playrix calls their FB group their "official community", so I don't think we can declare them underground
    And there are very probably players as well, there, lol.

In my personal opinion, although I'm sure f/b has it's good points, it's the social MI5 n can be the cause/source of unnecessary complications...
    MI5 =

just as confirmation: I know a person who has officially to do with data protection in a company (which is why I have come to know him as an expert), and in his free time he and other colleagues from their d.p. association travel through Germany and explain in schools, what the children give away about them in FB accounts; and from information about that, I have decided NOT to open an FB account.
    So, that's why I find Playrix' decision about their vBulletin fora here sad, and keep hoping they will let the TS forum open.

My f/d question, (any feedback would be appreciated) is, I won/accumulated 4 free hours play... but didn't have the time (who does!) to use it straight away.. when I did, it was gone, felt a bit cheated.. any ways you guys have found round this?
    f/d =
    All I can say here is that I have seen this behaviour in other games as well, not only from Playrix. That doesn't mean it is good, or fair, just that they all copy such things from each other. Dunno why they don't copy from those colleagues who don't do that - it must pay out for them somehow.
    There are other games I prefer, esp. M3, exactly cos I don't have the impression there, that the Devs try to hinder me more than enticing me to play, by giving not enough moves, or right, taking away a prize I won. Their newest idea seems to be to let me win Time "everywhere", on all winning/rewards points of an event bar, or wherever they can put that in. 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours - so silly, as I don't spend so much time on anything. - so, leaving such a game - or playing it as it happens to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -- is probably the only choice we have

I second everything cdosr said.

In addition, I also left FB a few years ago for many reasons and I find my life better without it. I don't like the thought of losing this great forum to facebook
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    MI5 =
    just as confirmation: I know a person who has officially to do with data protection in a company (which is why I have come to know him as an expert), and in his free time he and other colleagues from their d.p. association travel through Germany and explain in schools, what the children give away about them in FB accounts; and from information about that, I have decided NOT to open an FB account.
    So, that's why I find Playrix' decision about their vBulletin fora here sad, and keep hoping they will let the TS forum open.
    f/d = :confused.
    Thx for your response, I agree DD....interesting post, maybe some adults could use that information too. Only in my opinion, I feel too much transparency a little spooky, possibly causing vulnerability.
    Btw sorry, fyi : Mi5 = like CiA, KGB etc.....and f/d = fishdom
    Also I agree with your comment on 'free time' it's great to win it, but we should be able to use it at our leisure. Not many of us have that length of time in one session... but if we win it we should have the opportunity to use it, otherwise it loses it's value and we lose our motivation...but hey, 'hail the powers that be' lol

Thx for your response, I agree DD....interesting post, maybe some adults could use that information too.
    Only in my opinion, I feel too much transparency a little spooky, ...
    well said

Btw sorry, fyi : Mi5 = like CiA, KGB etc.....and f/d = fishdom
    First I was proud when I had deciphered "(fishdom n t/s) n don't mind" and some more uncommon "abbreviations" like that, tried with these 2, but no - and now, in hindsight, it is quite clear (albeit still quite special (country specific), LOL) - thanks!

Also I agree with your comment on 'free time' it's great to win it, but we should be able to use it at our leisure. Not many of us have that length of time in one session...
    and I don't want to. I play more than 1 or 2 levels in one game very rarely, so, winning time is totally uninteresting to me.
    It feels to me like the cheapest prize they can give, too.
    But if so, yes - let us save it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    That is the question we all had from the moment it was announced.
    Still happy they decided to keep the Township Forum open.
    Yes, it is good they did.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    All three closed forums have a final post by Playrix staff explaining their reasons, and with a link even to the FB groups. Look on the main / overview page. Reading those will answer your questions
    Attachment 52946 (tap to enlarge)

A similar msg was posted by Anna for Township at the same time, where she indeed re-assured us the TS forum would stay open... for now... and that they will tell us when they decide otherwise. So, hoping that it stays, yes
    If they do close it down, I'll gladly host a forum on my website or on one of my alternate sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Can you please provide a link to their explanation. I started at the main Fishdom forum didn't find anything there. All I could find was under News, a post announcing the creation of their fb group, then a sort of "oh by the way we're closing this forum" notice.

No explanation why, no apology, no regrets. No questions answered. They even had the gall to pretend that creating the fb group was "going the extra mile", like that more than makes up for losing the forum. What a load of baloney.
    Thats what I found too, and I wasn't a fan. I don't dare criticize Playrix here on their forums or I'll get banned by an admin or mod (they don't like me here for some unknown reason).

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I for one find FB an unreasonable platform to act as both a place for questions / answers and as a repository of information.

I've joined the Township Family FB group and, despite the excellent activity of the moderators, some of which are also active on this forum, I find it full of clutter, repetitive questions, and extremely hard to follow any given conversation / thread.

FB is, in my opinion, not really suited to act as a way to provide thoughtful information but rather short messages and "emojis". Trying to go back later to see what additional information may have been added is very hard as FB decides how to order things that it presents to you. And while you have some measure of selection (relevance, popular, recent), you still need to go back and click on "show additional comments" to see the discussion.

Unlike this forum (or VBulletin's software), with it remembering your last time, easy ways to ask "what's new since I last looked" and seeing all relevant threads and easily navigating to the newest replies, FB feels haphazzard.

And it's not just the Official Family page, I feel this way about FB in general which is why I use to mainly to see the pictures of my grandchildren that are posted from time to time.

I have made a few attempts to post on the FB group and I hope those posts have been useful but I also recognize that they have become buried in the chaff of other replies and any future need for that information will have to be reposted rather that, as happens here, a quick "hot link" to the relevant post as many of you have bookmarked and offered to new members.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Charlie
    I agree, I've been following the many many many Township FB groups for several years now and it is rather messy, where the forums were an easy to get to place for information. The forums also sourced a lot of lists and things we could use for the game, like lists of needed materials and what materials could be used for this and that.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I find myself a lot more interested in playing games when there is a support community forum like this one. That extra dynamic helps me to get interested in aspects other players describe and really makes a difference in keeping me playing.

I have started a lot of games similar to this one in the past year or so, but none of them had a forum, and I ended up losing interest in all of them.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad