Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: does xp transfer from factory to factory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    does xp transfer from factory to factory?

    I'm not sure where to look for this information. I am wondering, if I have upgraded textiles and tailor shop for xp, does the increased xp from textile items get added to the product I sell, out of the tailor shop, to someone on a heli order? Or is the extra xp from textiles only applying when I sell the textile, itself?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,181
    As far as I know XP is not transferable. It is only for the items you make.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    As far as I know XP is not transferable. It is only for the items you make.
    I do make the item in the textile factory, which is then used in the tailor shop. Both factories have upgraded xp.

  4. #4
    Gold Member Graylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Quebec, Ca
    Posts
    9,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I'm not sure where to look for this information. I am wondering, if I have upgraded textiles and tailor shop for xp, does the increased xp from textile items get added to the product I sell, out of the tailor shop, to someone on a heli order? Or is the extra xp from textiles only applying when I sell the textile, itself?
    Yes, XP and coins upgrades affect any object made with the items from the factory. Probably calculated according to the % of the product used in the new product. That is why it is a good strategy to upgrade factories producing basic items. Milk, Sugar, Bakery, Textiles, Rubber and Paper are the first one to upgrade for XP or coins.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Yes, XP and coins upgrades affect any object made with the items from the factory. Probably calculated according to the % of the product used in the new product. That is why it is a good strategy to upgrade factories producing basic items. Milk, Sugar, Bakery, Textiles, Rubber and Paper are the first one to upgrade for XP or coins.
    thanks. I have already upgraded the food staples to level 12 focusing on time and shelves, as much as allowed. I plan on going higher on those, but I'm doing something different with textiles, rubber, plastic and tailor shop so I wanted to understand, better, how the xp is applied.
    Last edited by Zealous; 01-29-2020 at 01:43 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,094
    The XP from a factory item is earned when you collect the item from the factory. If you watch carefully when you pick an item off the shelf, there is an animation of something flying up to the XP bar in the upper left corner or the screen. I don't see the actual number.

    Honestly, though, most players find that XP already accumulates too fast for our barns and coins to keep up so only do the XP upgrades when the game won't let us choose one of the other ones. I think most players prefer to upgrade the time, extra shelves, and coins first.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-28-2020 at 03:27 PM.

  7. #7
    Ok, so I read somewhere that the extra xp only gets added on when you sell to heli orders (so not when it's collected from the factory, but instead when it's sold in an order). I have observed that 1 dress will give a lower xp amount on a plane than that same dress will get on a heli order (taking into account other items in the order also add xp). I'm trying to get it straight so I focus on the factories that will be most useful for my game.

    I do understand that most players aren't upgrading xp but instead prefer time. I haven't built my game the way most players have. So I do few planes, no regattas, i don't mass produce items (I do a little but not like other players) and I will not qualify for the high pop factories, which produce products that earn higher xp on orders. I also don't do trains as often as some players (usually no more than 2 a day) Basically, I don't do the things that earn high xp too often, so I feel like I want mechanisms in my game to push it forward when it slows down.

    I know the barn can be a problem. But mine is upgrading at a comparable rate with others at my level so I'm not concerned about it right now. When I am waiting for my next community building I want and it's 2 levels away, my game slows down considerably. The upgrades have helped with that.

  8. #8
    Gold Member Graylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Quebec, Ca
    Posts
    9,938
    You are right.. the added XP and coins only affect helicopters orders. Nothing else in the game.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,181
    If I am understanding you correctly, you asked if XP transferred from factory to factory, the answer to that is no.
    Any factories are upgraded individually and do not affect each other.

    FE you will get Xp making yarn and taking it out of the factory, the XP will be calculated according to how upgraded the factory is.
    Then you use the yarn to make a sweater, again the Xp will be calculated according to that factory's upgrade.
    The Xp from the yarn factory XP is not transferred to the sweater factory, they are independent.

  10. #10
    Gold Member Graylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Quebec, Ca
    Posts
    9,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    If I am understanding you correctly, you asked if XP transferred from factory to factory, the answer to that is no.
    Any factories are upgraded individually and do not affect each other.

    FE you will get Xp making yarn and taking it out of the factory, the XP will be calculated according to how upgraded the factory is.
    Then you use the yarn to make a sweater, again the Xp will be calculated according to that factory's upgrade.
    The Xp from the yarn factory XP is not transferred to the sweater factory, they are independent.
    Sorry Cuddz, but upgrading a factory doesn't affect the XP we get when we collect from the shelves. It only affect the heli orders. Check your Academy of Industry and read the text when you click on XP and coins.

    AND, the increased XP is applied to products made with a basic other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •