Thread: Transport Magnate equality

Transport Magnate equality

It would be nice during TM if players could not pay to speed up trains, helicopters, boats, and planes. Those of us unwilling (or unable) to spend big bucks have no chance of winning or placing. Right now, the #1 in my tournament has 160 points. We just started playing this 16 hours ago. S/He must have spent a fortune to get that high and most just cannot afford that! The next 2 have 62 and 60. Not as bad but still up there with 4th having 58. Everyone else has 38 or less. It would be nice to have someone who hasn't spent a fortune win now and then! I know the spenders are what pay the developers' wages but it would be nice to have a contest based on skill or devotion to the game every now and then!

Thanks!

I must have gotten in a decent group.
    1st is at 69 point, I'm in 2nd with 60 ( didn't start until after 10), 3rd is 59, 4th is 48, and 5th and lower are 40 and below.

So he's played twice as long as I have. Mine doubled would put me at 120 points. But I could see it if I was setting timers for my trains, planes, and store.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

I'm in first and never use real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticolleen View Post
    It would be nice during TM if players could not pay to speed up trains, helicopters, boats, and planes. Those of us unwilling (or unable) to spend big bucks have no chance of winning or placing. Right now, the #1 in my tournament has 160 points. We just started playing this 16 hours ago. S/He must have spent a fortune to get that high and most just cannot afford that! The next 2 have 62 and 60. Not as bad but still up there with 4th having 58. Everyone else has 38 or less. It would be nice to have someone who hasn't spent a fortune win now and then! I know the spenders are what pay the developers' wages but it would be nice to have a contest based on skill or devotion to the game every now and then!

Thanks!
    IMO, only fools spend real money on a free game. I've won this tournament once and I'm sure I will win it again. I have a strategy I use since I know what the tournament will be in advance. I predict that I will win the next mine game as well because I won it before. I'm new to the game and I never played the underwater tournament yet. Looks like the mining game so well just have to wait and see If I take first in that one. I just won the lantern tournament. Again, I never use money unless I really have too. The money I use is the money that the game gives me.

Hi, just a quick note, if us 'fools' didnt kick up some cash to the devs once in a while, you wouldn't have a game to brag on yourself about, so maybe recognize that nothing is ever free and thank the people who willingly pay your way. Just my humble opinion.
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 95, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 33

The Futless Rule: You may not want to but you must.

Another game I play has gotten so tired of this complaint that they actually did block the ability to rush in the current global challenge. It has to be costing them a lot of in-game currency spending.

I plan on making some kind of real money purchase to thank them, even tho I never make much effort in those competitions (nor the ones in this game).
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

A fool and its money

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Hi, just a quick note, if us 'fools' didnt kick up some cash to the devs once in a while, you wouldn't have a game to brag on yourself about, so maybe recognize that nothing is ever free and thank the people who willingly pay your way. Just my humble opinion.
    All I know is that i'm going to win my 4th or 5th tournament since the 3 months that I have been playing. I only use money that I win. If the only way to play this game is to rely on fools who pay real $ for fake money, then I'll find something else to do. I don't mean any disrepect when I say fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvawhoray View Post
    .... I don't mean any disrepect when I say fools.
    But it certainly comes across this way. I agree with dnana that you certainly can praise yourself w/o using offensive words on others - just use "other people" or something like that. Just a suggestion, as you said your next win is "all you know".

The expression that "a fool and his money are soon parted" is an old English proverb.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

160 points in 16 hours is well within range for a dedicated player with no tcash spending. At the moment we are 66 hours into the challenge and my score is 760, which exceeds that pace despite including sleeping periods. I have never used real $ and do not use tcash for anything except the dealer, market boxes and factory boxes, as a rule.

First in my group finished with 1,365...I can’t say fir certain if the player used real money, but I have watched the steady climb to that first position.
    I would rather think the player has just been able to play a lot each day.

I do agree though it is an unfair game. Those that are able to play a lot have a much better chance than those that can only play for a limited time,
    Coupled with those that pay, we have a 3 tier game going on