Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airplane products change

Airplane products change

I’ve had a problem recently with airplane products: I prep the goods for the next plane and then when I go back to the game the next day, I have a plane waiting for me requesting completely different products.

In the past, even if I went a few days without playing, the airplane would always ask for the last products I was expecting. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a glitch or a change to the game? I might not bother sending out planes at all anymore. The lack of barn space can make the game tedious at times and now it’s taking more of the fun away to prep a lot of products I don’t end up needing and getting surprised by airplane requests.

As far as I know your plane leaves after 14 hours (or so) and returns after another 5 hours asking for different goods.

Airplanes take 5 hours to arrive and until they arrive you can preview what products will be requested in order to prep for them (even though you won't know the exact quantity until the plane arrives. Once the plane arrives it will automatically be sent off in 15 hours.

The key difference is whether or not the plane has "arrived" with the actual crates to be filled and quantities known. The plane will not arrive unless you have opened the game after the plane has arrived (that 5 hour waiting period).

So, if you close the game before the airplane arrives, the same plane will be there no matter when you open the game again. However, if you close the game after the airplane arrives, the 15 hour clock has already started and the plane will depart in 15 hours even if you don't open the game. That is most likely what happened to you. I'm sorry. I had to learn this same way too, but now that you know, you can prepare! Sometimes I shut off the game at night before the plane arrives just to be sure I have the full overnight prep time and the plane won't "arrive" until I open the game in the morning.

I wasn’t sure about what was happening at first, whether I was forgetting or making a mistake. I tested it yesterday, though: I sent off a plane and started prepping goods in the factories, then kept the game closed for 24 hours and came back to see a new plane with a 15-hour countdown requesting 3 different products.

Quote Originally Posted by KT999 View Post
    I wasn’t sure about what was happening at first, whether I was forgetting or making a mistake. I tested it yesterday, though: I sent off a plane and started prepping goods in the factories, then kept the game closed for 24 hours and came back to see a new plane with a 15-hour countdown requesting 3 different products.
    Ok, others are giving you the correct answers about planes, do you understand what is happening now? If the plane has landed, it will leave 15 hours later whether you have filled any crates or not. The trains and helicopters will wait on the same requests forever, the plane does not. Please respond so we can help you if you dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ...Please respond so we can help you if you dont get it.
    I think KT did get it - they said "I sent off a plane and... kept the game closed for 24 hours and came back to see a new plane with a 15-hour countdown requesting 3 different products" - it should have been the plane with the awaited goods, not a new one. The countdown for the plane should not have started, as they left after the 'last' plane had been sent.

And yes, KT, I have noticed an inconsistency also; sometimes - not always! not even often - it's simply a "new" plane arriving. I tend to think I didn't watch the clock, but a few times it was obvious (to me) that something had changed. Anyway, I see no pattern, and don't think it is a change in the game (as you can see from the answers here also).
    And I assume that Playrix would just state the "normal behaviour" as being the only one, so I didn't send in a report.
    Planes are not my fav anyway, so I try to prepare and send them when I have/get the items they ask for, depends on the amount asked, also depends whether I can/want to ask for help, otherwise I send them empty. Their requests are getting more and more annoying anyway.
    But I noticed indeed that the result in gems was quite nice, so I try to keep sending them - just not very intensily, so to speak

BTW, my impression is, if I send them a bit later than immediately, that the next plane often asks for less things or has less crates. But we won't say that aloud, or Playrix will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Ok, others are giving you the correct answers about planes, do you understand what is happening now? If the plane has landed, it will leave 15 hours later whether you have filled any crates or not. ...
    I think the issue is "Does the plane leave after 15 hours even if we have not opened our games at all since before the plane arrived?"

My experience (and just-a-minute's post above) says that the plane 15 hour timer does not start until we open the game.

KT99 is saying the plane is leaving even when the game has not been opened since it arrived.

Another possibility is that this is a server synching issue. I was wondering if KT99 is playing on multiple devices. I have heard others complain of this when they check what next plane will want and start producing on their phone at lunchtime only to get home and see on a larger device that it now wants totally different things.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-28-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Another possibility is playing on a device where although it is not the current app in use, Township is running, not completely closed. I'm not sure... just throwing out the idea that Township may think the game is open even if you aren't actively using it?

Ok, so now that I've read this thread, I don't understand the planes. I was under the impression that the prep items noted on an arriving plane are only for THAT plane. So, a hypothetical: if I had a preview list of dresses, pizza and caramels, and the plane had not arrived before I shut the game down, if I don't open the game for 3 days, will the plane that arrives want dresses, pizza and caramels? Or will it want something new, because it's been 3 days and that plane came and went while I wasn't playing?

It should be the one shown 3 days ago as next to arrive.