Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same thing

Ok, I said I would be back if I got freaking plums, and I got plum jam. What the heck is happening? Seriously, is this normal? My trains have so many items requiring 10-12 hours, and then plums? I actually have to wait for those to even begin making the jam. It will be days. Why is my train asking me for these ridiculous things. The last one was fairly easy so I thought it was done. But this...every train has more than 1 car needing something that will take several hours.

Is this because I have the dealer? That is the only thing in my game that's different than normal (and I've never had him for more than a day before). This is really not a good way to encourage a player to spend money on that feature. I don't think I'll ever do it again because this is totally dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    ...every train has more than 1 car needing something that will take several hours.

Is this because I have the dealer? That is the only thing in my game that's different than normal (and I've never had him for more than a day before). ....
    I don't know what it is, just wanted to say that I don't think that hiring the dealer causes this - or at least not necessarily so. My reason is that I have the dealer hired permanently, and don't experience what you say. But I have many things prepared, esp. the longtimers, I don't wait for them to come up ... is that different for you? and I ask for one crate on each train/plane for help, and I decide that depending on either time they need or island ingredients (and not too many items at once).
    What I noticed is that I have more requests for a multitude of crops, esp. in trains (planes I would send empty), raising with my levelling up. That is the explanation I gave myself (as we don't know really). It's still feasible <knock on wood> and not island stuff.

If you feel treated very unfair, you can still write to Playrix from ingame and report it. I would ask rather what they can do to help you out of this (different groups we are/get in, just perhaps?) - as we don't know how it works - than use offensive adjectives, btw It will very probably work better. (You can say that YOU are angry, but better not judge others' brain )
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-09-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I don't know what it is, just wanted to say that I don't think that hiring the dealer causes this - or at least not necessarily so. My reason is that I have the dealer hired permanently, and don't experience what you say. But I have many things prepared, esp. the longtimers, I don't wait for them to come up ... is that different for you? and I ask for one crate on each train/plane for help, and I decide that depending on either time they need or island ingredients (and not too many items at once).
    What I noticed is that I have more requests for a multitude of crops, esp. in trains (planes I would send empty), raising with my levelling up. That is the explanation I gave myself (as we don't know really). It's still feasible <knock on wood> and not island stuff.

If you feel treated very unfair, you can still write to Playrix from ingame and report it. I would ask rather what they can do to help you out of this (different groups we are/get in, just perhaps?) - as we don't know how it works - than use offensive adjectives, btw It will very probably work better. (You can say that YOU are angry, but better not judge others' brain )
    Thanks for responding on this because I really was thinking it was because of the dealer, which has made me quite annoyed at having hired him.

I'm level 50 and I do make things in advance, but not like 5 of each candy, or things like that (I have a lot of extra peach, grape and watermelon jam and peach yogurt since I get a lot of those items). I, basically, try to keep my secondary factories always running (candy, jam, etc, ), so I use items as I get requests for them, otherwise I save them. But I don't get to save too many before orders request them (I generally only fill heli orders asking for 900-1k coins so I only sell them in those orders).

As to using offensive language while speaking to support, I would not do that since it's common sense. People don't want to help people who are raging (this forum isn't the help desk though; I already stated 2 posts ago that I was venting over a game frustration).

Regarding contacting customer support, I have tried to do this before, and I either a. don't follow directions well because I never get to a place of opening a ticket or b. don't have customer support. My experience with contacting them has been comparable with reading a, Choose Your Own Adventure, book, and never getting to an ending, where I don't end up dead lol. So, there's that. Maybe it's because you only get to make a ticket for lost items, and my things have not been of that nature.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback on the dealer. Maybe I won't hold it against him if that isn't happening with others (although I should point out that, if you always have the dealer, you wouldn't really have an opportunity to see a difference in game play with and without.)

Fortunately for me, I have a few neighbors who will help with harder items (most on my friends list are below me in level and very casual players) so I was fortunate to have one help me out both times. I don't like asking for a bunch of hard stuff though. I only do trains (not zoo or planes) so I like to keep those requests for items that will help my other neighbors have an opportunity to get clovers (which means I tend to ask for easier ones so anyone on my friends list could fill them).

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I'm level 50 and I do make things in advance, but not like 5 of each candy, or things like that (I have a lot of extra peach, grape and watermelon jam and peach yogurt since I get a lot of those items). I, basically, try to keep my secondary factories always running (candy, jam, etc, ), ...
    you're welcome, and thanks for your answer with more explanations, too I did and do similar as you describe here, and just raised the numbers I (can) keep over time. Started with 5 for the most asked for items as well.

As to using offensive language while speaking to support, I would not do that since it's common sense.
    I mentioned this as it's THEIR forum here, and I see the situation as similar.

Regarding contacting customer support, I have tried to do this before, and I either a. don't follow directions well because I never get to a place of opening a ticket or b. don't have customer support. ... Maybe it's because you only get to make a ticket for lost items, ....
    I agree their categories are not always helpful and need trying out (all very laborious), but there is not just one. If need be, you might try again and change (a)

(although I should point out that, if you always have the dealer, you wouldn't really have an opportunity to see a difference in game play with and without.)
    Read again what I quoted from you, and you'll see that it was not about a comparison between have+not-have him, but your change and suspicion was about having him. And that I can tell about and did (it does NOT change your other requests in the game, to make them harder and make you spend more TC, not as a general rule anyway).

Good luck with further tests and happy sailing
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-10-2020 at 06:00 AM.

I’ve been playing for two years and it is indeed repetitive. Even though the mini games break the repetitiveness, after two years the games themselves are getting repetitive. More events like the professors experiments would be 👍. Even if they aren’t as awesome as the professors experiments, similar events need to be crafted and introduced. Even if they implemented the professors experiments three times as much but narrowed down the buffs and benefits, I’d be happier. Make one run of the experiment exclusive to benefiting ores and bars. Make another run of the experiment a month later benefit barn storage. Instead of the experiment giving such a wide array of benefits at once, offer the event more often but with a different ‘benefit’ each time.

I agree with you

[QUOTE=Mayfield;1632419]I disagree with this piece of advice. Competition within the coop can lead to friction and bad feelings. Coops should be working as a team, not racing against each other. Sometimes that means not filling all three plane crates so that your coop members with slower internet connections or smaller barns can get a chance to pick up some clovers too. For us, it also means not grabbing every house of luck task you see, but leaving them for someone else after you've already done one. It also sometimes means leaving the faster tasks (copters, ores, currently ingots) for the racers with a lot of tasks left to do when you only have a couple more to go. If you race in a league where 3/4 of the board will finish at all 135x16, the race standings are set by last player to finish, not the first. Behaviors that work against the goal of getting everyone finished are not constructive, imo.

You would make a perfect team mate. This is a huge problem I see in my coop now, and it is causing me to think about leaving it. We have one player who apparently has time to play 23 hours a day and grabs every easy and fast task even though there are plently others that need them to help their score. This makes me mad because it's hurting us as a team when she snatches every hol, helicopter, mining task and leaves "grow 342 silk plants" for others. One rotten apple is spoiling the game for me. I just wish we could direct message the leader in the game.

You would make a perfect team mate. This is a huge problem I see in my coop now, and it is causing me to think about leaving it. We have one player who apparently has time to play 23 hours a day and grabs every easy and fast task even though there are plently others that need them to help their score. This makes me mad because it's hurting us as a team when she snatches every hol, helicopter, mining task and leaves "grow 342 silk plants" for others. One rotten apple is spoiling the game for me. I just wish we could direct message the leader in the game.[/QUOTE]

Sympathise. (Although I have to admit to hoovering quickies if teammates not needing them soon-to compensate I will dump loads to get something doable up before signing off)

On the plus side, the player who hasn't yet thought about Team-speed rather than individual speed should finish all their tasks quickly and be out of the way. The 'rotten apple' may not realise their Play-Style is impacting you negatively.

(Grow silk should be dumped on sight IMO unless someone has it sat waiting )

There are several strategies that may or may not work:
    -Have the fast-task-hoovers start a day later than everyone else
    -rule that no-one can take a quick task unless there are two on the board (no-one then arrives with nothing available, but hard when 2 players need task at same time and frustrating to have something nice sat taunting everyone)
    -have everyone list what tasks they have done before collecting rewards.
    -foxtrot rule-take tasks in slow slow quick quick slow order
    -only low level players allowed to do milk/eggs
    -have the 'hoovers' curate the board to provide for everyone, dumping every task that would take a long time (unless prepped) ( am not aiming for glb so I don't worry about dump totals)

You can say that you are having difficulty finding fast task on the board and ask if your leader and teammates have any suggestions.

I cannot vouch for any of the above as a similar but even worse situation led to my leaving but the rotten apple staying. I still miss the good former teammates. Be aware that the leader a) may not see 'hoovering' as a problem, b) May feel you are treading on their toes.

Good Luck and hope you get some better answers

ETA. Just realized after reading your post on another thread that you're talking about interseasonal chests rather than normal regatta so my answer is inapplicable.
    Having a leader or co-leaders assigning tasks would work but that is more workload than is healthy, and would soon become a chore.
    A rule that a fast task can only be taken by someone who's just finished a long one???
    Last edited by JayS; 02-18-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    You would make a perfect team mate. This is a huge problem I see in my coop now, and it is causing me to think about leaving it. We have one player who apparently has time to play 23 hours a day and grabs every easy and fast task even though there are plently others that need them to help their score. This makes me mad because it's hurting us as a team when she snatches every hol, helicopter, mining task and leaves "grow 342 silk plants" for others. One rotten apple is spoiling the game for me. I just wish we could direct message the leader in the game.
    Sympathise. (Although I have to admit to hoovering quickies if teammates not needing them soon-to compensate I will dump loads to get something doable up before signing off)

On the plus side, the player who hasn't yet thought about Team-speed rather than individual speed should finish all their tasks quickly and be out of the way. The 'rotten apple' may not realise their Play-Style is impacting you negatively.

(Grow silk should be dumped on sight IMO unless someone has it sat waiting )

There are several strategies that may or may not work:
    -Have the fast-task-hoovers start a day later than everyone else
    -rule that no-one can take a quick task unless there are two on the board (no-one then arrives with nothing available, but hard when 2 players need task at same time and frustrating to have something nice sat taunting everyone)
    -have everyone list what tasks they have done before collecting rewards.
    -foxtrot rule-take tasks in slow slow quick quick slow order
    -only low level players allowed to do milk/eggs
    -have the 'hoovers' curate the board to provide for everyone, dumping every task that would take a long time (unless prepped) ( am not aiming for glb so I don't worry about dump totals)

You can say that you are having difficulty finding fast task on the board and ask if your leader and teammates have any suggestions.

I cannot vouch for any of the above as a similar but even worse situation led to my leaving but the rotten apple staying. I still miss the good former teammates. Be aware that the leader a) may not see 'hoovering' as a problem, b) May feel you are treading on their toes.

Good Luck and hope you get some better answers[/QUOTE]

I think a simpler solution is to take the quick tasks such as mining, bars, helis, etc, and make them give far less points than they currently do. Problem solved. As to how I won’t go into detail to spare a you a wall of text. The only argument I can muster against it is that they can still take longer to complete for individuals who, for example, don’t have plenty of mining tools in stock to quickly complete them and therefore shouldn’t offer less points. My solution to that is for an algorithm to be placed specifically for such tasks that allots points separately based on the individuals stock of tools in the mine and items in the barn. The points per task could be showed on an individual basis.

[QUOTE}I think a simpler solution is to take the quick tasks such as mining, bars, helis, etc, and make them give far less points than they currently do. Problem solved. As to how I won’t go into detail to spare a you a wall of text. The only argument I can muster against it is that they can still take longer to complete for individuals who, for example, don’t have plenty of mining tools in stock to quickly complete them and therefore shouldn’t offer less points. My solution to that is for an algorithm to be placed specifically for such tasks that allots points separately based on the individuals stock of tools in the mine and items in the barn. The points per task could be showed on an individual basis. [/QUOTE]

Changing the point value on mine task to a lower value is not something that I see would benefit anyone. My question is has anyone talked to this person?

I will cherry pick tasks when no one else is on. But I make sure to dump the craptastic ones as I go, Islands unless someone is set up for them. Generally we have 2 or more people ready with islands. Factories. I generally set up 5-10 factories. Crops are a specific issue. Trees or lower are a non-issue. Rice is good also. Cocoa, rubber, silk are all over night plantings.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

[QUOTE=gggillis;1637277]

Changing the point value on mine task to a lower value is not something that I see would benefit anyone. My question is has anyone talked to this person?

I will cherry pick tasks when no one else is on. But I make sure to dump the craptastic ones as I go, Islands unless someone is set up for them. Generally we have 2 or more people ready with islands. Factories. I generally set up 5-10 factories. Crops are a specific issue. Trees or lower are a non-issue. Rice is good also. Cocoa, rubber, silk are all over night plantings.
    Oh, it would indeed. You’d have the choice of either choosing all the easier tasks but you’d contribute less points by the end or choose the harder tasks but contribute with more points at the end. By ‘The End’, I mean once you’ve completed all of your allowed tasks. 9/9. 13/13. Etc. If you chose all the easier tasks, but completed 9/9, you may end up contributing less than the individual who did 6/9 tasks but chose harder ones.

This is already a slight occurrence, but if it’s exacerbated and task points are more tuned to the individuals stock or situation based on an algorithm, it would help alleviate the issue others are talking about in reference to the regattas and co-ops.
    Last edited by Thruve; 02-18-2020 at 05:37 AM.