Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Same thing

Duaine Beale

Same thing

I feel this game is the same thing over and over again. Please update this great game. I’m the leader of the herd and we all feel there needs to be more to do. Multiple lands different sceneries. More expansions. Head to head with another team (maybe you can setup challenges non regatta related). We just need some big update so we don’t lose interest. Thank you

I believe that this game gets quite regular updates, and new content. Over the past few months, we have been introduced to several new "mini-events", in some of which we compete against others. More major events include the Professor's Experiments, which was a totally new and challenging thing to do.
    The regular events can always be used as a distraction from the routine, in which again, the challenge stays outside the regatta races.

I can understand that people might get bored over time, but revamping the game every update would also be a bit much
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Duaine Beale
    Yes I understand revamping every update would be much but as a newish player I feel like the game is getting stale fast. The professors experiments was fun and did not mind paying for the extras plus skins but feel that’s one thing the game is lacking. More customisable skins would be good. I like the game And the group I have put together but feel if a good update doesn’t arrive soon people will stop playing which would be a shame.

I agree with Dread we get updates every month with something extra to do.
    With regattas, events, and general gameplay there is plenty to keep us busy.
    Even building your town takes time and patience, which the game is designed to do.
    I don’t know of any other game where you can request them to try introducing something new.

Btw, just to let you know this forum is mainly players helping other players, and the devs rarely visit.
    Your post might have been better placed on the Wish List, but good idea to discuss it first.

Duaine Beale
    I finish my regatta will top points with days to go. I’m always helping my team with there regattas If I can . The events I win without any problems 98% off the time again with days to go like this current one. Then it’s just things building up on my farm because there is nothing to do with the stuff. That’s what I mean. It’s just a waiting game with nothing much going on. When there is stuff going on the fun starts and lasts only a day or two until tasks are done. I know I’m not the only one that feels this way about this game. I’m just waiting for trains to bring the stuff I need to build but the train never brings the items I need. Idk maybe I’m just wanting a tiny challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Duaine Beale View Post
    .... Multiple lands different sceneries. More expansions. Head to head with another team (maybe you can setup challenges non regatta related). ...
    well, there's a huge thread with suggestions in the Wishlist subforum, the "Frequently Suggested Ideas".
    Look under "Creative", there are some really good ideas, and some quite (well) prepared.

As far as I see, Playrix has not reacted much to that, since the thread was created (or rather, adapted by Amoria, when she was Mod ).
    Instead they add more of the same, their mini-games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Duaine Beale
    Thank you 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Duaine Beale View Post
    Yes I understand revamping every update would be much but as a newish player I feel like the game is getting stale fast. ...
    I agree. They give us updates but it is mostly just more of the same - a few more bits of land, another factory, another community building. All the community buildings just sit there wasting space. One factory plays the same as the next, and making stuff and planting stuff is still just making stuff and planting stuff. It isn't something new it's really just another of the same. This is what happens as games age.

I also agree this game can be very dull without the side games and regattas and a friendly coop. I mean the real side events like the roof leaping and snowboarding. The recently invented events that just involve extra helicopters, extra mining, or extra whatever are just more if what we already do all the time and I find them totally uninteresting.

I also agree the Professors lab event was fun and different and I hope they bring it back again. (That said I also agree with the TS reply in the QandA that bringing it back too frequently could spoil it.)
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-28-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I might be in the minority but I compare the game to others of the same genre, and tbf TS gives a lot more than the others.
    All the mini games, regattas, and monthly updates that actually expand the game are not found in others as often if at all.
    I think the devs do a great job giving us different things to do, and as often as they do.
    Yes it might be more of what we do already, but that’s the nature of the game, it’s a farming game basically built into a town.
    I doubt the devs want to give us anything that takes away the basics of the game that would in turn change it to a different genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I might be in the minority but I compare the game to others of the same genre, and tbf TS gives a lot more than the others.
    All the mini games, regattas, and monthly updates that actually expand the game are not found in others as often if at all....
    Yes, all the farms and factories games are fundamentally tedious, make-work activities, which is why the more successful ones try to keep us distracted with side events, explorations, and the steady stream of special events. I agree TS does do a better job than most with those. I was especially pleased with the lab event and the snow search event as new and different for this game. OTOH, giving us the same minigame three times a year in different skins (ghosts, bunnies, underwater) is lazy and stopped being any fun for me long ago.

For me though, what nearly all these games lack is any kind of story line, character development, or goals to work for. Several I tried did start out with a bit of story or set up I thought would progress thru play, but it seemed to dwindle away without any resolution.

I think in TS, too much of what we do is out of our control. We may have a goal of expanding our barn or land, but all we can do about it is just keep grinding away, waiting for the miracle train, plane, or chest to give us the paint or saws (or whichever item they are shorting in your game). I know they do this because so many players give up and use tcash at that point, but is there really any sense of accomplishment in buying your way out? I've only used tcash a couple times for the barn for one last item, but it felt more like failure than an accomplishment.

At least with factories, we can take action to accumulate the coins for those. There seems to be a point when we also can take action to accumulate the cb materials without too much extra waiting and praying. But let's be honest, the joy of finishing a cb or zoo enclosure is mostly about all the barn space it frees up. Really, it's still pretty ho hum.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-29-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad