Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Duaine Beale View Post
    I finish my regatta will top points with days to go. I’m always helping my team with there regattas If I can . The events I win without any problems 98% off the time again with days to go like this current one. Then it’s just things building up on my farm because there is nothing to do with the stuff. That’s what I mean. It’s just a waiting game with nothing much going on. When there is stuff going on the fun starts and lasts only a day or two until tasks are done. I know I’m not the only one that feels this way about this game. I’m just waiting for trains to bring the stuff I need to build but the train never brings the items I need. Idk maybe I’m just wanting a tiny challenge.
    I remember when I was a low level I would also win most events without much effort, then I got to level 115 & got thrown in with higher level, more competitive players. The game does become tedious around level 60 & I know I had to prioritize my goals. Maybe instead of asking the game to change you should try a different approach. Challenge your co-op members for the most helps or first to finish regatta, most points in an event. Complete all the acheivements, collect all the pictures, upgrade your factories & complete all the collects at the museum. There are lots of other aspects of you are willing to look at them! Good luck & happy gaming!

I have a rant, and I remembered this thread, so I'm leaving it here.

If the developers are wondering what methods to employ in order to annoy a player into taking a break from their game, one sure fire way would be to ask for several cheesecakes, for the train, for several days in a row. I guess someone is really not interesting in having me check into my game until tomorrow, since I have to wait that freaking long to send off my train, and I don't care to play their game when they pull nonsense like that. grrrrrr I appreciate that we can stock up on items, and I do that to a degree. But, no, I do not have a stockpile of 9 cheesecakes on hand, just for the freaking train. /rant

I am getting very tired of this game for the same reasons. At the moment, mine is requesting jelly fruit slices everywhere.

They seem not willing to recognize they are too often at or over the breaking point where "stimulating challenge" ends and "not worth the trouble" and "not really fun at all" begins. Of course, that point will vary from person to person, but imo they are placing it way too high for a large chunk of the player community. (See any zoo enclosure or 135 task thread.)

They seem to assume we are all so invested and addicted that we will try to keep plowing thru anything they want to hit us with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I am getting very tired of this game for the same reasons. At the moment, mine is requesting jelly fruit slices everywhere.

They seem not willing to recognize they are too often at or over the breaking point where "stimulating challenge" ends and "not worth the trouble" and "not really fun at all" begins. Of course, that point will vary from person to person, but imo they are placing it way too high for a large chunk of the player community. (See any zoo enclosure or 135 task thread.)

They seem to assume we are all so invested and addicted that we will try to keep plowing thru anything they want to hit us with.
    Yes, I also had that happen with colored feathers (and I don't have tropica island yet so no bananas) and that really irritated me to give away most of those feathers I'd saved on 3 days trains. I'm surprised it hasn't started asking me for 2-3 plums per delivery yet. I bet it will happen though and I will totally be back to update my post when it does (but not today though since, cheescakes),

p.s. I was thinking about a different post you made regarding the puzzle decos, and how some aren't worth the reward. I thought, maybe, you just didn't like doing those (because I liked my snowman) but then I got one requiring a silly amount of chocolate and near 50k coins, for level 1 (some players make lots of coins; I'm not one of them). I put that one back in storage, and now I see why you said that. I'll work on it later, but right now I need to use my coins for other things.
    Last edited by Zealous; 02-03-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Yea, so again today, more cheesecake for me train, more colored feathers, and tons of pine trees I just don't think this game wants me to play.

I am wondering, could it be that it knows I hired Raji and is giving me big amounts of time consuming items so I will buy them from him, since I can (though I intended to use the opportunity to fill up on ore). I didn't consider this before, but I have never bought Raji's services for more than a day, up until this point (I got an 80% off discount for 10 days), and now I'm wondering if that factors in.

Doesn't matter really, at this point, because I'm annoyed and those stupid trains are going to just sit there until I feel like looking at them again. I like many parts of this game and many parts are Relaxing for me, so I'll be doing those things, and nothing more. My trains will just sit until tomorrow, and frankly I don't really care.

We thought some time ago that they had noticeably upped the difficulty levels for trains, especially for crops.

Ok, seriously, this is totally ridiculous now! More cheescakes, and now key lime pie? It took several days for me to get the limes for the last key lime pie I made. Why is the train asking me for items that take several days to collect the ingredients for? My conclusion, it is taking into account that I can buy those items from the dealer, since I hired him. This being the case, I will never ever buy him again, for more than a day. This is total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Challenge your co-op members for the most helps or first to finish regatta, most points in an event.
    I disagree with this piece of advice. Competition within the coop can lead to friction and bad feelings. Coops should be working as a team, not racing against each other. Sometimes that means not filling all three plane crates so that your coop members with slower internet connections or smaller barns can get a chance to pick up some clovers too. For us, it also means not grabbing every house of luck task you see, but leaving them for someone else after you've already done one. It also sometimes means leaving the faster tasks (copters, ores, currently ingots) for the racers with a lot of tasks left to do when you only have a couple more to go. If you race in a league where 3/4 of the board will finish at all 135x16, the race standings are set by last player to finish, not the first. Behaviors that work against the goal of getting everyone finished are not constructive, imo.

I do agree that there is a point where we need to make our own challenges. Upgrading the trains, factories, and islands are good examples. I don't think the museum collections are a useful goal because those pieces are just random drops, so we have little control of which or when we get them. It's not a goal that can be approached with a plan.

Earlier, I found a lot of motivation in accumulating the ingots to buy whichever of those fancy decorations I'd set my heart on next. They killed that for me when they switched them to costing gems.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 02-05-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

Earlier, I found a lot of motivation in accumulating the ingots to buy whichever of those fancy decorations I'd set my heart on next. They killed that for me when they switched them to costing gems.
    Oh, that's sad news to learn. I, also, would have been pleased to make ingots for those items, and maybe would have gotten more. As it stands, I will either have to buy the ones I'm missing or do planes until I get them, and I'm seriously unmotivated to do planes because of the mass producing part, (i don't like just making massive amounts of the same things, fighting with my barn for more room for those items, etc.)

There are a couple reason those decorations no longer work for me as a motivating goal. One is that I like having a large reserve of jewels so I don't need to deliberate about getting a booster. Second is the random drop nature of acquiring the jewels. When the decorations were bought with ingots, we could choose one we wanted, then work toward producing the needed combination of ingots. I got a great feeling of accomplishment and pleasure when I could finally buy the Golden Gate Bridge and put it in my town. The randomness of the jewels doesn't let us take action toward getting the right combination in a very definite way. It simply eventually happens at some point, or not, if the jewels needed to go for double crop booster first.