Does it hurt/change the game if roads are gone?

I just removed all the roads around my animals and factories and replaced them with sand and dirt, respectively. This pushed the paved roads almost off the right side and these areas are very calming to look at all of a sudden! Would it change the game mechanics if I removed all the roads?
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 93, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 13

You may not want to but you must.

No. The roads and paths are purely decorative.

A lot of players have put all their housing and many community buildings to the back or side, packed in as closely as possible to leave more space for decorations and the buildings actually used in game play.

There is no need for those people to be able to get out and go to work, nor even for the fire truck to be able to reach them.

The main benefit to paving and roads is all the cute people and vehicles walking and driving around. Some of them are really clever.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-25-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

There are achievements in you Town hall linked to the number of roads that you have developed in your Town.
    If it is important to you to reach these achievements and by doing that earn the T-cash, do the following:
    Lay as much roads as possible just once so that all the achievement goals for roads are reachedd.
    Collect your Tcash in the Town Hall.
    After this it is safe to remove the roads that you do not need.
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

Cool, thanks, gentlemen!

I do get a giggle at some of the combos of people but I havent seen anyone new for a long time. I can always just repave a part of town to see them again. you just killed a lot of fantasies, Mayfield, some of them mine!

Good tip, Ruud, I have at least one achievement, I will check for more.
    Last edited by dnana1; 01-25-2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Neatness and clarity

Update: I just removed the roads I could see when I was in the most important part of town. I'm really loving this look and I've had more fun than I've had in the last year just redesigning my work areas, finally building the factories I've been putting off and just generally playing! Gonna try a screenshot.....

Last edited by dreadnought; 01-30-2020 at 12:25 AM. Reason: fixed images

Oops, thanks, dread, thought I had finally figured ss out but when they didnt show, I didnt try again. Im on Android using imgur, do you know what I did wrong? Ive read all the things or thought I did.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Oops, thanks, dread, thought I had finally figured ss out but when they didnt show, I didnt try again. Im on Android using imgur, do you know what I did wrong? Ive read all the things or thought I did.
    Hi,

The problem was that you linked to an album that contained all images, which is not supported by the forum. I just linked to each image individually so they would show up.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks for sharing the pics dnana,
    It looks very impressive and more colourful and brighter than the dark roads.
    Even the dirt tracks look better.
    Love it

It's unique but not funny looking in your town. I really like it! Now that I'm at a higher level and the game has slowed a bit I've had fun redecorating. One of my favorite things to do.

It's like owning this old house of ours. Start with the kitchen... by the time you remodel everything it will be time to redo the kitchen again
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 101
    Platform: iPhone

Great job dnana1!
    've Send your town a like!