Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heli vs Saucer

Heli vs Saucer

Am I correct in assuming the Saucer is faster than the Helicopter?

I doubt it ....

It seems just as slow to me.

I think it only affects its appearance and the sound it makes.

Ok, this is just an observance, not a precise measurement of the times.

If you send off the helicopter and then select the next order, you can watch the "Send" button slowly fill up. When sending the Helicopter, the filling is at a constant speed and finishes when the helicopter lands again.

When you use the UFO (I have the Turbo one), the same thing happens to the "Send" button except it is never near full when the UFO returns. Then it "jumps" to full as the UFO lands back at the helipad.

I take this to mean that the "Send button fill algorithm" is geared to the "normal helicopter speed" and that the UFO is faster so it had to adjust to "full" when it returns.

This phenomenon is more visible the further away the order is. Try switching between the two skins and send to orders at a similar distance to see the difference.

I received a Playrix notice about a Facebook discussion describing new/different skins coming out. Could someone please post the basic info here for those of us not on Facebook. Thanks in advance.

As to the topic of this thread I personally don't see the turbo charged saucer being any faster than the copter. I will try switching back and forth between them and look more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    I received a Playrix notice about a Facebook discussion describing new/different skins coming out. Could someone please post the basic info here for those of us not on Facebook. Thanks in advance.
    The fb post only describes the process of changing the helipad skin, and asks if there are more facilities players would like to see with more skins:

IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Wonder why they asked there rather than here.

I wouldn't mind a less bright look for the City Market.

THANK YOU Dread. Much appreciated.

Yes, this forum has presented lots of fun ideas for skins. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Could someone clue me in on what this is all about? I have the envelope info as described above. However, I don't have any of this. No new helicopter skin, no new heliport skin, no new anything? What is the "Professor's Experiments"???? Why does new stuff have to be so convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndia View Post
    Could someone clue me in on what this is all about? I have the envelope info as described above. However, I don't have any of this. No new helicopter skin, no new heliport skin, no new anything? What is the "Professor's Experiments"???? Why does new stuff have to be so convoluted.
    The “Professors Experiments” was an event we had recently. One of the prizes for playing were new skins for the helicopter, which make it appear like a Flying Saucer ( or UFO )
    If you didn’t play that event, or you didn’t get far enough to win the prize, you won’t have them.
    Also, I’m nit 100% sure, but I think you had to purchase the Gold Pass to get them. Maybe someone can confirm this or not.

Are you certain it isn’t there..it is a bit elusive lol
    Open your helipad orders. At the top left you will see an icon. Click on that, if it is there, click either your copter or pad, and that will reveal the skin.
    Click use, and the new skin will be where you chose it to be.